Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrong address

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wrong address

    Police show up at wrong address - shoot homeowner, his dog and another police officer by mistake.
    A man shot by police officers who went to the wrong Atlanta house ran bleeding outside where a neighbor heard him asking, "Why did they come in my house? Why did they shoot me? Why did they shoot my dog?"
    It happened Monday night when officers arrived at the wrong Atlanta address after a report of suspicious activity, shot homeowner Christopher McKinley, killed his dog and "likely" shot a fellow officer, leaving him seriously wounded, authorities said Tuesday.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/inv...ers/ar-AAdOB7J


  • #2
    you beat me to it, what ever happened to investigating before charging into a house?
    The 911 call was the result of somebody walking down the street witnessing someone else knocking of a door, then walking into the front yard and looking at the house!
    Based on that a group of policeman decided to enter a house through an unlocked backdoor.
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Do they even screen people that apply to the police academy anymore?
    To top it off, not only did an innocent man get shot,mand his dog get killed, another officer was shot!
    Keystone Cops!
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

    Comment


    • #3
      DeKalb police responding to a burglary entered the wrong home, shot and killed a dog, wounded the homeowner and seriously injured a fellow officer, the GBI said Tuesday morning.


      A preliminary investigation into Monday night's shooting inside the Boulderwoods Drive home also determined there was "no indication of criminal activity" at that house, GBI spokesman Scott Dutton said.

      "Responding officers likely entered a residence unrelated to the initial 911 call although it matched the given dispatched description," he said.

      The bizarre incident unfolded shortly after 7:30 p.m. when three officers responded to a report of a suspicious person near Bouldercrest Road, but were not given a street address, DeKalb director of public safety Cedric Alexander said. The officers went to a home in the 1500 block of Boulderwoods Drive that matched the description given by a 911 caller, Dutton said.

      "Officers approached the residence and attempted to contact occupants at the residence," he said. "No contact was made."

      When officers went to the rear of the house, they found an unlocked screen and unlocked door and believed an intruder was inside, according to police. Officers entered the home through the unlocked door that led to the kitchen and announced their presence.

      "Upon entry to the residence, the officers encountered a dog," Dutton said in an email. "Two officers fired their weapons, striking and killing the animal in the kitchen."

      Tama Colson lives two doors down from Chris and Leah McKinley, the owners of the home where the shooting occurred. She said she was on a walk Monday night when she rounded the corner at the front of the subdivision and saw DeKalb County police cars on the street.

      Then she heard the gunshots.

      "I hear Leah screaming, I see Chris walking out, 'They just shot me, they just shot me, and they killed my dog,'" Colson said. "So I got him to lay down, took my shirt off and rendered first aid. And Chris just kept saying, 'Why did they shoot me? Why did they shoot my dog?"

      The McKinleys were watching TV -- a movie called "Serendipity" -- when they heard voices in the backyard and Chris went to investigate, Colson said.
      http://www.officer.com/news/12109461...-friendly-fire
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

      Comment


      • #4
        The 911 call was the result of somebody walking down the street witnessing someone else knocking of a door, then walking into the front yard and looking at the house!
        While the cops deserve their share piece of the blame in this instance, I think we have to remember that in this instance and other incidents like it that the 911 callers are to blame too.

        Their is this kind of middle-class paranoia in North America. It leads people to believe that thugs, thieves, crazies, and pedophiles are lurking in their otherwise safe neighbourhoods. Anything or anyone that appears a tiny bit 'fishy' to them is enough reason to call the cops.

        The 911 dispatcher and police can not ignore any call and must rely on what these paranoid citizens tell them. This sometimes leads to overuse of force. This burglar incident reminds of the Alabama beating of that elderly Indian man.
        ´
        “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

        Comment


        • #5
          Fieger and the rest of his fellow "Leaches" are racing down there to file that massive lawsuit.
          “Breaking News,”

          “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
            While the cops deserve their share piece of the blame in this instance, I think we have to remember that in this instance and other incidents like it that the 911 callers are to blame too.

            Their is this kind of middle-class paranoia in North America. It leads people to believe that thugs, thieves, crazies, and pedophiles are lurking in their otherwise safe neighbourhoods. Anything or anyone that appears a tiny bit 'fishy' to them is enough reason to call the cops.

            The 911 dispatcher and police can not ignore any call and must rely on what these paranoid citizens tell them. This sometimes leads to overuse of force. This burglar incident reminds of the Alabama beating of that elderly Indian man.
            I absolutely agree! But isn't there some case to be made that a good policeman would investigate the information?
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
              While the cops deserve their share piece of the blame in this instance, I think we have to remember that in this instance and other incidents like it that the 911 callers are to blame too.
              BS. There's no excuse for the kind of incredible stupidity shown by this department. They even shot one of their own!

              I hope the McKinleys bleed the county dry with a lawsuit.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

              BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

              BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                you beat me to it, what ever happened to investigating before charging into a house?
                The 911 call was the result of somebody walking down the street witnessing someone else knocking of a door, then walking into the front yard and looking at the house!
                Based on that a group of policeman decided to enter a house through an unlocked backdoor.
                What could possibly go wrong?
                Do they even screen people that apply to the police academy anymore?
                To top it off, not only did an innocent man get shot,mand his dog get killed, another officer was shot!
                Keystone Cops!
                Were the Keystone Cops ever this bad?
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                  Were the Keystone Cops ever this bad?
                  Near as I know, the Keystone cops never shot a dog.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                    Near as I know, the Keystone cops never shot a dog.
                    Didn't Fatty Arbuckle billy-club a fish?
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                    Prayers.

                    BoRG

                    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      Didn't Fatty Arbuckle billy-club a fish?
                      The fish recovered and it was settled out of court.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I thought such incidence were a somewhat regular occurrence?
                        Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
                        Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
                        USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                          I absolutely agree! But isn't there some case to be made that a good policeman would investigate the information?
                          Of course, the cops were overzealous in this situation and deserve punishment. I mean from the articles it appears that they shot the dog for simply startling them! But playing Devil's advocate here the information that the caller gave was not much to go on.
                          ´
                          “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
                            Of course, the cops were overzealous in this situation and deserve punishment. I mean from the articles it appears that they shot the dog for simply startling them!
                            It appears they were also startled by another police officer..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Acheron View Post
                              I thought such incidence were a somewhat regular occurrence?
                              320 million citizens, 765 thousand police officers state and local, number of people shot and killed by police on average every year 400.

                              A police office has a 1 in a thousand chance of shooting and killing someone.

                              A citizen has a 1 in 800,000 chance of being shot and killed by a police officer.

                              An American has a 1 in 120 chance of dying from disease.

                              1 in 8000 chance of dying from accidental poisoning.

                              1 in 29000 chance of being the victim of firearm homicide.

                              1 in 77000 chance of drowning.

                              I tend to think we may be worried about the wrong things. That does not mean that the police departments couldn't be better trained it is a question of appropriate use of resources especially public awareness of the real dangers.
                              We hunt the hunters

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X