KY county clerk refuses to issue gay marriage licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
    ^ and the judge that sent her to jail was a George W. Bush appointee.

I was sort of shocked at the apparent reversal of how I perceived things to be.
    Oh, I'm just LOVING this!!

What makes this particularly sweet for me is that the Judge made the exact right call; a woman is now behind bars because she tried to use her Religious beliefs trump the Law of the United States.

Why am I so glad?

Think about it.

Give up?

Sharia.
    I doubt this story would have even been reported if the woman had been a Muslim, but that's not the point.
    The point is a precedent has been set, another one, that can be used to prevent the creeping tide of Sharia in the US. And, to be honest, Freedom of Religion has always meant freedom from religion, for me.'
    NO sarcasm, this is a damn good day, to me.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      Some people like to get what they pay taxes for. Mrs Davis pulls in $80k a year, big money for that county, if I lived there I'd like her to earn it.
      I agree, I have been paying for the department of health and welfare since 1966.
      When do I get either health care or welfare?
      Just saying. We for for **** all the time and don't get squat for it!
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        I agree, I have been paying for the department of health and welfare since 1966.
        When do I get either health care or welfare?
        Just saying. We for for **** all the time and don't get squat for it!
        Are you eligible for any programs that the Dept of Health and Welfare provide???? The people in question ARE qualified. So once you achieve that status post that fact and let us know. Then maybe we can help you get the services they provide.

When you hit the age for medicare and Social Security how would you like it if when you applied the clerk told you they'd not process your information because God told them it was not right? I'm sure you'd be OK with not collecting anything at all, right?
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Are you eligible for any programs that the Dept of Health and Welfare provide???? The people in question ARE qualified. So once you achieve that status post that fact and let us know. Then maybe we can help you get the services they provide.

When you hit the age for medicare and Social Security how would you like it if when you applied the clerk told you they'd not process your information because God told them it was not right? I'm sure you'd be OK with not collecting anything at all, right?
          Have you ever thought about how many things you pay for but don't qualify for?
          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            Have you ever thought about how many things you pay for but don't qualify for?
            I don't need to 'qualify' to buy something. Do you? All I need is money.

Simple fact is that Kentucky law REQUIRES County Clerks to issue Marriage License. It does NOT allow an exception. The law states that the Clerk SHALL issue. I think you need to google NRA and Shall Issue and see exactly why that wording is very important.

The two Gay and two STRAIGHT couples that filed the case are tax payers in THAT county. The law states they SHALL be issued a license. WHY should hey go somewhere else?

If you ordered a Pizza and paid by credit card for delivery how would you feel if they said you can pick it up 10 blocks away at a gas station?
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Guess its ok to be a god believing drunk, wife beater, child abuser, adulterer,fornicator,even killer...but you cant be gay......only in America you say...

Near Toulon France

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Oh, I'm just LOVING this!!

What makes this particularly sweet for me is that the Judge made the exact right call; a woman is now behind bars because she tried to use her Religious beliefs trump the Law of the United States.

Why am I so glad?

Think about it.

Give up?

Sharia.
                I doubt this story would have even been reported if the woman had been a Muslim, but that's not the point.
                The point is a precedent has been set, another one, that can be used to prevent the creeping tide of Sharia in the US. And, to be honest, Freedom of Religion has always meant freedom from religion, for me.'
                NO sarcasm, this is a damn good day, to me.
                That's an interesting point, but since Obama - our very own closet Muslim leader - has not become involved I don't think the benefit you seek will accrue.

Being a devout Christian in America has negative connotations in ObamAmerica, while being a Muslim is a good thing and politically protected.

Of course, this movement also means that government leaders up to and including BoBo cannot do anything based on their own personal beliefs either, but must also follow the law. Hence, we can expect to see our borders secured immediately, right?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I think it would be great if gays had to go back to the Supreme Court to get the right to divorce.

Comment

I don't need to 'qualify' to buy something. Do you? All I need is money.

Simple fact is that Kentucky law REQUIRES County Clerks to issue Marriage License. It does NOT allow an exception. The law states that the Clerk SHALL issue. I think you need to google NRA and Shall Issue and see exactly why that wording is very important.

The two Gay and two STRAIGHT couples that filed the case are tax payers in THAT county. The law states they SHALL be issued a license. WHY should hey go somewhere else?

If you ordered a Pizza and paid by credit card for delivery how would you feel if they said you can pick it up 10 blocks away at a gas station?
                    Of course.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X