Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China stock crash is U.S. economic warfare

China stock crash is U.S. economic warfare

"Last month’s stock market crash in China was without any doubt an economic war against China covertly waged by the United States, with the direct objective of subverting the ruling Communist Party, according to the most powerful leader of China’s massive state-owned corporate enterprises."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...econ/?page=all

It seems the Chinese still expect the game to played "fair". The Obama administration's refusal to join the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank agreement did have a negative effect on Chinese stocks but it is twisted logic to think the U.S. owed China any economic privilege. Fair in the minds of the Chinese is replacing U.S. hegemony with Chinese hegemony.

In order to create a "fair" playing field China seems to launch regular cyber attacks on U.S. companies and the U.S. government.

Secret NSA Map Shows China Cyber Attacks on U.S. Targets

"A secret NSA map obtained exclusively by NBC News shows the Chinese government's massive cyber assault on all sectors of the U.S economy, including major firms like Google and Lockheed Martin, as well as the U.S. government and military."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...argets-n401211

Of course if we look to U.S. allies they have a rather similar view to the Chinese.

"Could it be that the heavy burden of postwar rearmament was unnecessary, that the transatlantic alliance actually imperilled rather than saved us? Could it be that the world teetered on the verge of annihilation because post-war western leaders, particularly in Washington, lacked imagination, intelligence and understanding? The gloomy answer is yes." Andrew Alexander British conservative commentator.

What exactly was Stalin protecting the "soviet union" Russian Empire against. If he had withdrawn from Germany and Poland it is almost certain the cold war would have been significantly delayed as Truman went to Europe with hopes of negotiating in good faith with a know murderous coward. Could it be that imagination, intelligence and understanding were as lacking in Russia and now in China as it is asserted to be in U.S. foreign policy? That of course would be heresy to our Allies who now find it convenient to blame the U.S. for all the world's problems.

I would argue that U.S. foreign policy was amateurish not malevolent or unimaginative. After WWII the U.S. was just emerging from isolationism and wasn't well practiced in the kind of duplicity that nations like Russia and Great Britain were use to. Compared to almost any other major power the U.S. has shown no interest in imperialism and the claims of economic imperialism sound to me like sour grapes.

Still the success of the Cold War has left us in a state of perpetual conflict in which the only other option was suicide. If Europe and Australia are so enamored with the imaginative, intelligent and understanding policies of Russia and China perhaps they have just lost the will to fight. Peace at any cost I believe is their motto.
    We hunt the hunters

That's editorial opinion...not hard fact.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      That's editorial opinion...not hard fact.
      Yes but facts are hard to come by in the world of espionage and counter espionage.

Do you believe the Chinese government runs a cyber war against the U.S. daily?
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

There seem to have been a number of issues with the US Cold War management process. While it could be argued that the US had an amateurish method of managing Cold War affairs, it could also be argued that the European laissez-faire attitude of "allowing" the US to do the lions share of the dirty work of the Western powers was a clever way to avoid many of the pitfalls of leadership. In fact, there's probably a very good argument to be made somewhere for Western power leadership to not have any solutions for managing the "winning" of the Cold War against Communism. Perhaps, not malevolent but very possibly entirely unimaginative. Hence, we now have serious issues with the 2 main antagonists despite they having adopted some aspects of the capitalist milieu.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          Yes but facts are hard to come by in the world of espionage and counter espionage.

I do, but I have that information from other sources that I consider reliable.

However, this article makes an unsupported connection between America not concluding a certain agreement and "economic warfare" against China.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer400 View Post
            There seem to have been a number of issues with the US Cold War management process. While it could be argued that the US had an amateurish method of managing Cold War affairs, it could also be argued that the European laissez-faire attitude of "allowing" the US to do the lions share of the dirty work of the Western powers was a clever way to avoid many of the pitfalls of leadership. In fact, there's probably a very good argument to be made somewhere for Western power leadership to not have any solutions for managing the "winning" of the Cold War against Communism. Perhaps, not malevolent but very possibly entirely unimaginative. Hence, we now have serious issues with the 2 main antagonists despite they having adopted some aspects of the capitalist milieu.
            I don't think there is any question that the entire world solved the Cold War by handing it off to America, which is why I react strongly when they now complain about it.

They also kept their economies relatively healthy by not having to spend the trillions that we did to do it all ourselves, which makes them parasitic dependents in my view. We probably ought to send them the bill.

Comment

It's weird to me that a British "conservative" mouthpiece like Andrew Alexander would have anything to say about "heavy burden of post-war rearmament". After all, if anything, the Brits shot themselves in the foot many a time with their postwar defense acquisition and justification policies and mostly punted to the NATO and US forces from a political/economic standpoint. Must be a British thing, is British conservatism that different from American conservatism? Or is/was it all a secret underground BUF/Butskellist anti-Labour strategy?

Comment

I agree that more and more it seems to be popular to lay the blame on the entire world's problems on the American doorstep. I feel that US foreign policy has for a long time had US interests in mind, as it should, and if it isn't aligned perfectly with the interests of our allies they feel we're being clumsy at best. Snobbishness in my opinion, as you could just as easily point to, say, the British Empire and say most of today's problems stem from the imperialist policies they used to subjugate people around the world for a couple of centuries. Our foreign policy sucks at times, like now with you-know-who lacking any understanding of the world outside Illinois. It isn't always bad, and I really do believe that we have made an effort to be benevolent in most cases that other world powers have not. In hindsight, and on some level, I wish we had just finished WW2 and gone right back to isolationism...spending our military budget on the world's strongest defensive forces and let the rest of the world sort it out on their own. I still wish we'd do that, actually!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

Agreed and yes, china is constantly attacking US banks and government institutions.

While anything is possible, the recent crash of the Chinese stock market is hardly a surprise.
                  I'm no expert but I have been reading for years that the Chinese economic reports are not to be believed.
                  Even I believed that this would eventually catch up with the Chinese economy. I just hoped it wouldn't be for a while yet.

Look up Chinese ghost cities and you will see one of the reasons why I have believed this would happen for a long time.
                  Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I do, but I have that information from other sources that I consider reliable.

However, this article makes an unsupported connection between America not concluding a certain agreement and "economic warfare" against China.
                    The article has a catchy headline to point out that it is largely chinese propaganda
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Also being discussed

here - http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=162567
                      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X