No announcement yet.

The 'Miracle" amendment strikes again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'Miracle" amendment strikes again.

I will assume that Conservatives will be up in arms about this US District Judges ruling on the Obamacare requirement that insurance plans cover birth control.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...eptive-mandate

U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon, an appointee of President George W. Bush, ruled that allowing exemptions to the birth control rule only for religious groups violates the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection.
    The group contended that the Administration allowing religious groups ONLY an exemption to the birth control requirement violated the 14th's Equal Protection clause.

No we know because conservatives explained it to us non-conservatives quite clearly that using the 14th outside of issues concerning the status and conditions of former slaves is a non starter. Any such use is using the 14th as the "Miracle Amendment" and must not stand.

So conservative who will stand and object to this ruling!!!!!! Post here and be counted.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

The Fourteenth Amendment only applies to the States. It doesn’t apply to the Federal government.

The ruling is based on the Fifth Amendment
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I object to any mandate of Obama Care, since I deem it to be a bad law and I object to any Obama mandate, since it is my privilege to so, I will!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        The Fourteenth Amendment only applies to the States. It doesn’t apply to the Federal government.

The ruling is based on the Fifth Amendment
        Correct. That makes the thread moot and a plate of egg on my face!!!!!

Last edited by Combat Engineer; 31 Aug 15, 20:54.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

We're still living with Lincoln's corrupt Republican party.
          “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
          --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
            We're still living with Lincoln's corrupt Republican party.
            That's funny, considering all the damage done by Democrats and all the wars started by them.

Nothing like selective tunnel vision.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
              I object to any mandate of Obama Care, since I deem it to be a bad law and I object to any Obama mandate, since it is my privilege to so, I will!
              I'm with you on this one, and the last time anyone bothered to look, BS Barry works for the people - we don't work for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                Correct.
                Something to point out:

Liberals generally point out that Pro-Life = Religious = Conservative.

Maybe it is time to realize that Pro-Life people can be found in all political parties and outside of religion?
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

CE, do you realize that Progressive Democrats are using Planned Parenthood to control the population of Blacks? Late term abortions appeared to be the favored method being used for that population control given the benefits of that taxpayer funded origination being able to sell those late term fetuses to the highest bidder.
                  http://www.blackgenocide.org/planned.html
                  http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpo...ack-population

Why else would they want to force all employers, even those of religious organizations, to provide mandated birth control services that include abortions on demand?
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                    CE, do you realize that Progressive Democrats are using Planned Parenthood to control the population of Blacks? Late term abortions appeared to be the favored method being used for that population control given the benefits of that taxpayer funded origination being able to sell those late term fetuses to the highest bidder.
                    http://www.blackgenocide.org/planned.html
                    http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpo...ack-population

Why else would they want to force all employers, even those of religious organizations, to provide mandated birth control services that include abortions on demand?

Boy, that was quick. You managed to jump right to the "It's all Whitey's fault" Black Blame Mantra in nothing flat, but it's not Whitey's fault at all. This is a black mother thing. There is zero evidence of white people forcing blacks to have abortions, and the ultimate responsibility falls on the mother and the father.

That being said, how do you propose to stem the tide of welfare babies produced by welfare single mothers solely to generate welfare income checks and the black community's habit of fathers not being part of the equation after fathering children?

There is such a thing as personal and social responsibility, and it appears to be lacking within the greater black community.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X