Not a bad idea by Chris Christie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
    I know of an overstayer. She’s been here for years. She was married to a relative’s brother in law, a citizen. She’s had kids here, brought her mother in to help take care of the kids while she worked. (Neither of those women have ever applied for citizenship.) She never had to prove her citizenship status to be employed that I know of. She worked in hotels in a very large city, doing clerical work. She lives in that very large city in a home she and her husband bought before they separated and divorced. She took classes at a junior college there. Why is ICE going to take the time and money to hunt down a productive person, when they have to deal with a city full of crooks, murderers and drug dealers, many of whom are illegals as well?
    Jannie, I know quite a few of these folks as well.

We need to find a way to help these people become what they want more than anything, becoming US citizens.

But in a politically correct world, how can the good be separated from the bad?
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Christie:

1. Has basically stated he is all for surveillance of all types.

2. Ordered that steps be taken to slow down traffic and inconvenience untold people.

Not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
        Christie:

2. Ordered that steps be taken to slow down traffic and inconvenience untold people.

Not my cup of tea.
        Not mine either, like E. D. Morel stated, it's a stupid Idea, he is desperate and trying to out-Trump, Trump.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Gixxer, These folks knew full well what they were doing when they overstayed. In fact the mother came in to help her daughter raise her kids and knew that she would probably never go back. They both were aware, at the time that I knew them and visited in their home, that their status was a dangerous one, but the younger did not have the patience at the beginning of her odyssey to do the legal route and she encouraged her mother to come in and stay illegally, so she is doubly guilty.

They knowingly committed a crime. I would never turn them in because of the kids, but I regard them as criminals of a lessor crime. They are not dangerous or murderous or drug dealers, etc. It would be bad for ICE to waste resources tracking them if it was possible. ICE really needs to go after the evil folks. But if they got caught, I would not waste a lot of tears on their behalf, either.

My daughter in law came in on student visa after she married my son overseas, and then they hired a lawyer and jumped through the hoops for her to get her green card after she had trouble coming back in after a summer visit between school years to see her parents. So I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who come in and stay illegally.
          Last edited by Jannie; 31 Aug 15, 19:09.
          Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            Jannie, I know quite a few of these folks as well.

We need to find a way to help these people become what they want more than anything, becoming US citizens.

But in a politically correct world, how can the good be separated from the bad?
            But that isn't their goal. They are fleeing their own countries because they can't fix their own problems, and handing those problems off onto us in NOT an acceptable answer.

The real answer is for them to stay home and fix their own problems.

BTW, on the subject of fences, it was announced today that Hungary is handling the problem in part by rte-erecting the old border fence.

Australia, OTH, handles it by rounding up all illegals and imprisoning them on the nearby island of Nauru. Maybe that's what we should do. We can use Cuba and pay them so many dollars a head. Save Cuba's economy, solve our illegal problem and make everybody happy.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
              Christie:

Not my cup of tea.
              Yea, Bridgeman would like to see us all implanted with a Microchip!

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

The main reason it's a pointless idea is that the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants aren't overstaying visas, they're entering illegally in the first place. What's the point of tracking people to try to catch a percentage of those who at least went through the motions of applying for legal entry when you have hundreds entering with no documentation at all every day? I think it's an empty idea that Christie floated out there to make it sound like he had some interest in stopping illegal immigration. The reality is that if people want to enter illegally, and you stop them from overstaying visas, they'll just jump the fence and forego the visa altogether. I guess if Hoover Dam was breaking he'd want to fix the leaky toilet in the visitor's center.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
                  The main reason it's a pointless idea is that the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants aren't overstaying visas, they're entering illegally in the first place. What's the point of tracking people to try to catch a percentage of those who at least went through the motions of applying for legal entry when you have hundreds entering with no documentation at all every day?
                  Because that's what everyone is trying or trying to do at the moment. Countries, politics etc I mean. If they can't punish the individual they punish everyone. That's why they have no trust anymore. Well apart from those whose life centers around banning things(for others).
                  Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                    Because that's what everyone is trying or trying to do at the moment. Countries, politics etc I mean. If they can't punish the individual they punish everyone. That's why they have no trust anymore. Well apart from those whose life centers around banning things(for others).
                    I have noticed that about the people who want to homogenize everything...inclusive and diverse I understand but many times the way people achieve inclusion is to take away from everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X