Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Let's rename Congress. I suggest we call them "the Court Jesters".

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Mount McKinley was named by an act of Congress.

... and those worthless worms won't make a stand on anything, Maobama will get his way, again. As if it matters this time.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
    True, knowledge rarely profits fools who do not value it.
    And minds are like parachutes; they only work when they're open.

My dream vacation is to take one of those inland waterway cruises up the Alaskan coast - the kind where experts are al0ong to take you ashore and explain what's going on.

After that, I'm going to sponsor a bill to rename the politically incorrect "White House" and the name is far too racist. I was think something like Breakdown Palace or Fool's Paradise.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
    That is true. And like I said, I know what I need to know.

Leave a comment:

• Paddybhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    I know everything I need to know about those places.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Sure glad that we don't have American s commenting on Russia, the ME, Europe, or any other place that they have never been thinking they know more than the local residents.

I know that you would never do such a thing Gix
    I know everything I need to know about those places.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    Reminds me of certain Aussies that think they know more about America than Americans do.
    Sure glad that we don't have American s commenting on Russia, the ME, Europe, or any other place that they have never been thinking they know more than the local residents.

I know that you would never do such a thing Gix

Leave a comment:

• boomer400
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    When it comes to the dead climbers it ranks among the most dangerous in the world.
    In L.A. there's a lot of Koreans here and they're pretty hardcore. No one messes with them; their reputation pretty much precedes them. One of the guys I occasionally hang with used to be kind of sporty. So he used to hang out with Korean climbers and thought himself studly. But the first time he went on an expedition it was his last as the guys he went with were from the homeland. I don't remember where he went but he said that the Korean climbers were just too hardcore and motivated and that commonsense wasn't #1 on their climbing checklist. He actually mentioned some guys who went up Denali who shouldn't have during some bad weather and just stayed the course when they should've turned around. But since Denali is pretty out of the way, they apparently kept going and the weather just clobbered them. When they tried to turn around, it was too late and then they fell very very badly. Apparently, it became kind of a warning story among the Korean guys but not everyone took it to heart. There was a sort-of "can't happen to me" mentality driven by the motivation to make the goal. Tough mountain....

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    I know of another meaningless gesture by Obama. When he stared down that iceberg in Alaska.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Originally posted by boomer400 View Post
    Heh, I understand the Ohio and oil fanbois objection to Obama on general righty principals but seriously the Alaskan Senator Murkowski was the one who introduced the bill to rename the mountain. And she is Republican! Obama just signed off on it but he really can't take credit for something that he probably had no idea about as an Illinois man. He is, of course, the silly man, since it dovetails into his environmental agenda but it's hilarious to see so many republicans whining about it when it was one of their own who asked for it! HAHAHAHAHAH!
    Nice post.

I should have researched this issue more but I'm not so much interested in the facts unfortunately as I'm motivated by discrediting the politically correct movement.

Leave a comment:

• boomer400
    replied
    Heh, I understand the Ohio and oil fanbois objection to Obama on general righty principals but seriously the Alaskan Senator Murkowski was the one who introduced the bill to rename the mountain. And she is Republican! Obama just signed off on it but he really can't take credit for something that he probably had no idea about as an Illinois man. He is, of course, the silly man, since it dovetails into his environmental agenda but it's hilarious to see so many republicans whining about it when it was one of their own who asked for it! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    It was never about renaming the park. Obama used his visit to pump his climate control agenda.

Watch the video of his visit if you can stomach his usual pandering to non-science and see for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    I would agree, but since it was Obamas call, it sucks!
    This is the most important thing to remember. If Obama endorses it, best to block it...and ask questions later. He's not interested in doing the right thing, ever.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Obama probably created some new cartographer jobs out of this move. Soon we will see millions of federal funding going into printing new maps.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X