Another meaningless gesture by Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Yupper, and if a GOP President had renamed it we'd never here much about it and we certainly would not have a thread about it here.
    In fact it would probably have been held up as an example of how the GOP wasn't the racist, pro-white, imperialist oppressors the Dems try to paint them as.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
      Nope, they call it Denali. But what do I know, I only lived and went to school there.
      Not all of them, because I also know Alaskans from my military service, and if I speak to them about Mt. McKinley, they know exactly what I am talking about and where it is.

Let's quit pretending that the Inuits and the other Alaskan natives don't use the name. Every Alaskan who deals with tourists uses the name "Mt. McKinley".

Here's a thought: how about Obama renaming Washington, D.C. with the original Indian name for" useless, nasty swamp"?

Frankly, our president has far more serious domestic and international problems to deal with that are far more important than renaming an Alaskan Mountain.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        In fact it would probably have been held up as an example of how the GOP wasn't the racist, pro-white, imperialist oppressors the Dems try to paint them as.
        That is probably true.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          No, people would still care because it's a meaningless gesture no matter who does it. It's doubly so, of course, in the case of an incompetent president like BS Barry.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Seems not everybody is happy about it either...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...M7?ocid=SMSDHP
            Of course the Ohio politicians are upset. They wanted the mountain that had nothing to do with the former President nor anything to do with Ohio to keeps its irrelevant name.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              No, people would still care because it's a meaningless gesture no matter who does it. It's doubly so, of course, in the case of an incompetent president like BS Barry.
              Perfect example of what I posted about. Only thing that matters is that President Obama did this....

ODS in the extreme.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                Perfect example of what I posted about. Only thing that matters is that President Obama did this....

ODS in the extreme.
                100% + correct. It was no big deal and FOOLS here make it sound like the second great flood.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Meh, some people know the mountain as McKinley. Most everyone who's ever bothered to go there to climb it prefers it as Denali even Texans like Beck Weathers or Dick Bass. Call it what you like, it doesn't care; it'll kill you any which way if you make the wrong mistake. Denali's best because when the storms happen, no one except for ignorant tourists or Ohio political hacks call it McKinley.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer400 View Post
                    Meh, some people know the mountain as McKinley. Most everyone who's ever bothered to go there to climb it prefers it as Denali even Texans like Beck Weathers or Dick Bass. Call it what you like, it doesn't care; it'll kill you any which way if you make the wrong mistake. Denali's best because when the storms happen, no one except for ignorant tourists or Ohio political hacks call it McKinley.
                    When it comes to the dead climbers it ranks among the most dangerous in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Not all of them, because I also know Alaskans from my military service, and if I speak to them about Mt. McKinley, they know exactly what I am talking about and where it is.

Let's quit pretending that the Inuits and the other Alaskan natives don't use the name. Every Alaskan who deals with tourists uses the name "Mt. McKinley".

Here's a thought: how about Obama renaming Washington, D.C. with the original Indian name for" useless, nasty swamp"?

Frankly, our president has far more serious domestic and international problems to deal with that are far more important than renaming an Alaskan Mountain.
                      That is the most ignorant post in this thread. I still get a PFD. Do you know what that is? I own property in the Mat-Su Valley and when in the states drive a truck bought at Nye Ford. But the RSS feed from Colorado knows all about Alaska and the people who live there. Give me a break.
                      Кто там?
                      Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                      Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                        That is the most ignorant post in this thread. I still get a PFD. Do you know what that is? I own property in the Mat-Su Valley and when in the states drive a truck bought at Nye Ford. But the RSS feed from Colorado knows all about Alaska and the people who live there. Give me a break.
                        NO, give US a break.

MM just how long ago was your military service? , forty years ago? I'm sure their opinion is up to date on reality of today.

Comment

Hi

Is the fact that there is a Negro Mountain in the US actually widely known?

Regards

Andy H
                          "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

You know upon reflection it is not really a gesture, it is basically an action that was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                              At least he didn't name it after himself....
                              Chalk one up for Paddybhoy, but you know he thought about it.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                                You know upon reflection it is not really a gesture, it is basically an action that was taken.
                                I would like to believe that but I'm getting old and cynical.
                                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X