No announcement yet.

An insane University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? Are they hoping Jenner enrolls there ??
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
      "Once I had a girl on Rocky Top,
      Half him the other half her;
      Wild as a mink as sweet as soda pop,
      I still dream about zir."

Roll Tide!
      First of all, nice! Although are you sure it was a zir and not a zyx or whatever that other thing was?

If the world ever seriously starts using ideas like this to be so very inclusive to everyone, in my opinion it'll be a real shame. The differences between men and women are what make the world go 'round in my experience, and what make life worth living. Doing anything to try to make people not recognize those differences will take away from life, not add to it. Those that choose to fall into groups that are not traditional, or if you prefer those that are born into those groups, just need to realize that part of the burden they bear is that they can't be categorized the traditional way. It's just part of the deal..if you're born blind you can't see--so do we take away colors for everyone who can see, make everything gray so we don't get an unfair advantage? Some accommodations make perfect sense: seeing eye dogs are allowed in public places, ramps for those in wheelchairs, that type of thing is a minor inconvenience to those who don't need those things and a major life improving thing to those who do. If they try to make gender identity something that's socially taboo it's more than a minor inconvenience to those who fall into traditional gender identities--it would hurt their ability to enjoy life I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
        First of all, nice! Although are you sure it was a zir and not a zyx or whatever that other thing was?

If the world ever seriously starts using ideas like this to be so very inclusive to everyone, in my opinion it'll be a real shame. The differences between men and women are what make the world go 'round in my experience, and what make life worth living. Doing anything to try to make people not recognize those differences will take away from life, not add to it. Those that choose to fall into groups that are not traditional, or if you prefer those that are born into those groups, just need to realize that part of the burden they bear is that they can't be categorized the traditional way. It's just part of the deal..if you're born blind you can't see--so do we take away colors for everyone who can see, make everything gray so we don't get an unfair advantage? Some accommodations make perfect sense: seeing eye dogs are allowed in public places, ramps for those in wheelchairs, that type of thing is a minor inconvenience to those who don't need those things and a major life improving thing to those who do. If they try to make gender identity something that's socially taboo it's more than a minor inconvenience to those who fall into traditional gender identities--it would hurt their ability to enjoy life I think.
        And the trees were all kept equal by hatchet, axe and saw.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          University of Tennessee tells staff and students to stop using 'he' and 'she' - and switch to 'xe', 'zir' and 'xyr' instead
          Gay rights official at Knoxville campus wrote new language instructions

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3kGthfSKF

Ah, anecdotally , right...

I'll bet.
          It just shows that academics live in a bubble that has no connection to reality at all. Once again, they had to back off in a hurry whe word got out about the latest Social Experiment
          Why do some on the Left has such a problem with sexual identity? They don't seem to like the fact that sex can be identified at all.

Oh yeah, some of you don't like the Mail, so-
          http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...-pronouns.html
          It just gets curiouser and curiouser...

Sincerely,
          M
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
            In Finnish we don't make the distinction anyways, and it has absolutely **** all to do with any of this. So maybe that's why I just can't make any sense of this.

In this context I would say rugby is a masculine sport. American football doesn't even compare. You sissymen.
            And your expertise in American football consists of...?

I would suggest that you outfit one of your rugby teams to compete in an American football game against one of the better college teams and see what happens.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Rugby is a contact sport; football is a collision sport. There is a great difference.

Sincerely,
            M
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
              They recently changed the name to Pride Center.
              And now they are insulting lions?

Sincerely,
              M

Comment

In Finnish we don't make the distinction anyways, and it has absolutely **** all to do with any of this. So maybe that's why I just can't make any sense of this.

In this context I would say rugby is a masculine sport. American football doesn't even compare. You sissymen.
                I'm quite sure that "sissymen" is not gender neutral. I believe you meant to say zirzyx (or some such!).

Cheers

Porty

Comment

According to the news this morning, Harvard has joined in the nonsense.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. It reminds me of the 'Ebonics' nonsense that came out of Oakland, California some years ago.

One of my students said something unintelligible one day and I asked him what he was trying to say. He replied 'Mr Kiley, that's Ebonics.' I said, 'Really. Please go up to the globe and locate the country of Ebonia.' He gave me a perplexed look and I explained to him that if he could find the country of Ebonia on the map, then he could express himself 'ebonically.' If not, then the Queen's English was the rule and that if he, or anyone else, didn't speak proper English in the classroom I wouldn't talk or respond to them.

That ended the issue.

I have a very large problem with people who wish to butcher the English language. It is one of the most, if not the most, expressive languages in the world and too many morons, such as this new group, try to ruin it for an agenda that is nonsense.

Sincerely,
                  M

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I would suggest that you outfit one of your rugby teams to compete in an American football game against one of the better college teams and see what happens.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Rugby is a contact sport; football is a collision sport. There is a great difference.

Sincerely,
                    M
                    And either sport is for sissies, real men play hockey.
                    "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                      And either sport is for sissies, real men play hockey.
                      And then they graduate to figure skating...

Comment

Sincerely,
                        M
                        I mean that when it comes to masculinity of the sport american football doesn't even compare to Rugby. It does compare to soccer though
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

I mean that when it comes to masculinity of the sport american football doesn't even compare to Rugby. It does compare to soccer though
                          So, you're saying that you don't have any knowledge or expertise in American football...?

And if that is so, a comparison cannot be made with rugby, which is nothing more than a game of keepaway that we used to play as kids.

Sincerely,
                          M

Comment

So, you're saying that you don't have any knowledge or expertise in American football...?

And if that is so, a comparison cannot be made with rugby, which is nothing more than a game of keepaway that we used to play as kids.

Sincerely,
                            M
                            Sure, sure. I mean the paddings my friend.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Sure, sure. I mean the paddings my friend.
                              And?

The pads and helmets don't stop serious injuries. They do allow more hard-hitting.

Football is war; rugby is a keepaway game.

Sincerely,
                              M

Comment

Football is war; rugby is a keepaway game.
                                Both are pansy-sports compared to hockey..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X