An insane University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An insane University

University of Tennessee tells staff and students to stop using 'he' and 'she' - and switch to 'xe', 'zir' and 'xyr' instead
    Gay rights official at Knoxville campus wrote new language instructions

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3kGthfSKF

She wrote: 'When our organizational culture shifts to where asking for chosen names and pronouns is the standard practice, it alleviates a heavy burden for persons already marginalized by their gender expression or identity.'
    There is no information on the numbers of students on campus who do not identify as the traditional genders, as the university's official data only recognizes male and female.
    In an interview with DailyMail.com, Rickey Hall, the university's vice chancellor for diversity, said he was 'ancedotally' aware of students on campus who reject traditional gender divisions.
    Ah, anecdotally , right...

After a backlash from critics who called the proposals 'ridiculous' and 'absurd', the university clarified that nobody would be forced into using the terms.
    I'll bet.
    It just shows that academics live in a bubble that has no connection to reality at all. Once again, they had to back off in a hurry whe word got out about the latest Social Experiment
    Why do some on the Left has such a problem with sexual identity? They don't seem to like the fact that sex can be identified at all.

Oh yeah, some of you don't like the Mail, so-
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...-pronouns.html
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

This makes me ashamed to be a graduate of the University of Tennessee. That the institution has fallen so is, well, depressing.

Comment

One more proof that Liberal Arts has become Progressive Arts and that that part of the campus is full of idiots.

Comment

That will change once enough alumni donors cut off their support to those increasingly Progressive institutions of leftist propaganda.
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

From the fox news article, "I wonder if they've got a gender neutral word for idiot".
            "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
              From the fox news article, "I wonder if they've got a gender neutral word for idiot".
              They do, but it's two words: "university professor".
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

"Once I had a girl on Rocky Top,
                Half him the other half her;
                Wild as a mink as sweet as soda pop,
                I still dream about zir."

Roll Tide!
                “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  That will change once enough alumni donors cut off their support to those increasingly Progressive institutions of leftist propaganda.
                  That won't happen for the most part if they continue to have a winning football team...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    That won't happen for the most part if they continue to have a winning football team...
                    UT hasn't really excelled in that regard lately.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      They can't - football is a totally un-PC, highly masculine sport completely unsuited for libby-progs of any stripe.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

In Finnish we don't make the distinction anyways, and it has absolutely **** all to do with any of this. So maybe that's why I just can't make any sense of this.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        They can't - football is a totally un-PC, highly masculine sport completely unsuited for libby-progs of any stripe.
                        In this context I would say rugby is a masculine sport. American football doesn't even compare. You sissymen.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

Here is the thing, the liberals have actually made progress since the 60s. They have abandoned the blank slate theory to a large degree and are in the process of abandoning the anachronistic views of people like Chomsky. What they have finally accepted is that societies must be built on shared values instead of freedom without responsibility.

One thing you have to admire about the PC movement is that it is inclusive. What will eventually happen however is that they will realize that not all of the groups they are trying to include want to be included.

Some of those groups they want to include want nothing more than to destroy the traditional values that human rights and the PC movement are built on. Other groups they want to include are simply indifferent to moral principles necessary in an organized society. Others want nothing more than absolute segregation. The laws of chaos will eventual prevail and the PC movement will mutate into something less radical.

Still I'm glad that I'm not constantly inundated by sexist and racial bigotry that is accepted as "normal". While certainly not perfect the PC movement has forced us to reconsider what normal should be.
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                            UT hasn't really excelled in that regard lately.
                            Big improvement this year though.
                            “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                            --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

This absurd suggestion was put out there by the university's LGBTQ+ & Ally Resource Center. They recently changed the name to Pride Center.

They wanted to bring attention to themselves and they succeeded.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X