Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
    Where are your manners?
    Where is your judgment and common sense?

Sincerely,
    M
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Nah, leave it alone. However, a far superior solution would be to eliminate campaign financing as it exists now. Instead, a common pot would be created where parties are allowed to draw from for campaigns. Base it on # of registered individual voters and no corporations, 5xxx wannabe corps, unions, etc. etc. allowed. Leave it to people who want to be elected to get the voters in.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        Where is your judgment and common sense?

Sincerely,
        M
        I will say it again, where are your manners?

I am for repealing the 22nd amendment. If you want to disagree then please civilly disagree with me. After all George Washington was against term limits.

Comment

I will say it again, where are your manners?

I am for repealing the 22nd amendment. If you want to disagree then please civilly disagree with me. After all George Washington was against term limits.
          I am being polite.

And what exactly did Washington say about term limits?

Sincerely,
          M
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
            Not at all. If anything we need more term limits. Congress is the best place to start. No one should be able to own a senate seat for 40 years.
            ^^^ This ^^^
            Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

I hear you. Plus Obama has said he is not interested in running for a 3rd term due to the term limits.
              Only because he can't run for a third term...

Imo the sooner the 22nd amendment is repealed, the better.
              That is unlikely to happen. The only amendment that has been repealed is one that should never have been put in place: The 18th Amendment. It took another amendment to repeal it (the 21st).

Comment

Actually, for non-presidential seats, the term limit issue is less of a problem than for the president. It's entirely possible that for the House and Senate, it could be useful to have encumbents stay in order to provide party and platform and working group continuity; the main problem with this is that under the existing system, it can't really work since there is so much lobby money. OTOH, having very short terms is also a problem as it means more money has to flow in so people running for office have a warchest and that dependency is further strengthened by groups who want to reinforce their stands on whatever. Thus, it seems to make more sense to simply reduce the possibility of corruption by lobby or election funding.

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
                  ^^^ This ^^^
                  Like I said, we should limit every elected official to one term. Politicians should do what is best for the country now, not what is best for them in four years.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X