Another police shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another police shooting

A Houston police officer was killed execution-style while filling his patrol vehicle.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pol...76?ocid=SMSDHP

They have a suspect.

Police described the suspect as a male with a dark complexion, about 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall, wearing a white T-shirt and red shorts and driving a red or maroon pickup-style truck with an extended cab. Authorities did not say what race they believe him to be.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    A Houston police officer was killed execution-style while filling his patrol vehicle.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pol...76?ocid=SMSDHP

They have a suspect.
    Here is hoping that he will end up in Huntsville on Death Row soon!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

When well this madness stop?
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

This was an unprovoked execution, a terrible day for all Police Officers, and our nation.
        I hope the shooter dies a painful slow death.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          When well this madness stop?
          I don't know what it will take to end this sort of thing but I know all the anti-police rhetoric coming from all over, including the government, isn't helping.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
            I don't know what it will take to end this sort of thing but I know all the anti-police rhetoric coming from all over, including the government, isn't helping.
            Criticizing murders by police and police brutality is not the cause of this. When a polceman commits a crime or breaks a rule they too should he punished and criticized. Stifling free speech is not the answer to this problem.

This murderer committed a heinous and deplorable act. He should be arrested and punished for it to the full extent of the law.
            First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
              Criticizing murders by police and police brutality is not the cause of this. When a polceman commits a crime or breaks a rule they too should he punished and criticized. Stifling free speech is not the answer to this problem.

This murderer committed a heinous and deplorable act. He should be arrested and punished for it to the full extent of the law.
              Good points but unfortunately it doesn't deal with the emotional issues involved. Without strong support from the community our law enforcement officers will become more of an occupying military force than they already are. These kind of incidents only increase the isolation and paranoia that make officer see everyone as a criminal. Why would any police officer want to serve and protect a community that is not committed to reducing crime.

The rhetoric out of Washington is encouraging an atmosphere of mistrust of police. Almost all of that rhetoric has focused on the police and none on the war zone like communities the police are forced to work in. In a war zone your priority is to protect yourself and your allies. Everyone else is a potential hostile or collateral damage.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post

I never said anything about stifling speech. I said that what they're saying is wrong and irresponsible, not that they shouldn't be allowed to say it. Individual officers who break the law should be punished but they should be innocent until proven guilty and the entire organization to which they belong should not be targeted. The government needs to stand behind the police, not condemn them and foster mistrust between them and the people. The alternative is what wolf said either a police state or anarchy, depending on who wins.
                "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                  Good points but unfortunately it doesn't deal with the emotional issues involved. Without strong support from the community our law enforcement officers will become more of an occupying military force than they already are. These kind of incidents only increase the isolation and paranoia that make officer see everyone as a criminal. Why would any police officer want to serve and protect a community that is not committed to reducing crime.

The rhetoric out of Washington is encouraging an atmosphere of mistrust of police. Almost all of that rhetoric has focused on the police and none on the war zone like communities the police are forced to work in. In a war zone your priority is to protect yourself and your allies. Everyone else is a potential hostile or collateral damage.
                  Exactly the way they think. (Then you wonder why they strike first and ask questions later.)

GG
                  "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Arrested and Charged with Capital Murder:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...t-gas-station/

Update, 5:36 p.m.: Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman said in a news conference Saturday evening that Shannon J. Miles, 30, was charged Saturday in the fatal shooting of a deputy at a suburban Houston gas station on Friday night.

Hickman said Miles has been charged with capital murder in the killing of Deputy Darren Goforth, 47, who was shot execution-style at a suburban Houston gas station while filling up his patrol car.
                    Swift arrest, good for the Sheriff's department.
                    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    And why the sea is boiling hot—
                    And whether pigs have wings.”
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                      Well said!

The photo of Holder embracing Sharpton and Jackson says it all.

I'm thinking Deputy Goforth would still be alive if his skin was a different color.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

If it turns out that this was racially motivated, or some sort of retaliatory killing for the other shootings that have happened, I wonder what Obama will say about it. Will he send representatives from the White House like he did for Mike Brown's funeral? I'm curious to see how he'll respond when the racism is going the other way.

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
                            If it turns out that this was racially motivated, or some sort of retaliatory killing for the other shootings that have happened, I wonder what Obama will say about it. Will he send representatives from the White House like he did for Mike Brown's funeral? I'm curious to see how he'll respond when the racism is going the other way.
                            Do you really have to ask what the Black House reaction is going to be?
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              Do you really have to ask what the Black House reaction is going to be?
                              "Black House?" Here I thought it was the "Plantation House..."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X