Racist Down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's embarrassing, humiliating and demeaning to well educated black people, is what it really is. I cannot imagine being racially and culturally represented by a man who cannot speak proper English and sounds like a burn-out street person.
    Do not insult crackheads! I deal with a number of crackheads daily, and it's an insult to compare them to Sharpton. They've always got a hustle, and they admit when they've effed up about half the time.....which is better than Sharpton's record.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      When you look at news sources and relative consumption by the population, the vaunted domination by liberals in the media is far less daunting. While there is a demonstrable "liberal bias" in the wider news media that is beyond doubt at this point, it's not as far ranging and malicious as some people believe.
      Wide ranging, yes. But it is tempered by the need to make ratings and money. I also don't think it's maliciously intended either.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Wide ranging, yes. But it is tempered by the need to make ratings and money. I also don't think it's maliciously intended either.
        A lot of people seem to ignore the whole 'for profit' angle of the news media in their quest to declare it liberal propaganda. That, or they do see malicious intent - and I guarantee that you'll see some talking about the news media deliberately hiding 'the truth' for partisan reasons.

Comment

A lot of people seem to ignore the whole 'for profit' angle of the news media in their quest to declare it liberal propaganda. That, or they do see malicious intent - and I guarantee that you'll see some talking about the news media deliberately hiding 'the truth' for partisan reasons.
          The media does do some partisan crap from time to time (the Bush memos for example). And, there are outlets like MSNBC that are openly partisan. They suffer for their blatant partisanship. The public does expect better.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
            Your reference to Fox largely proves my point.
            You instantly thought of Fox because it differs from all the other stations and the reason it differs is because it does not present the news from the same point of view as the other stations. If it did, you would not have ever taken notice of that station.

I am talking about journalists, not the general population.
            7% are conservative
            http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...n-a-decade-ago

And the proportion of liberals to conservatives in the press, either 3-to-1 or 4-to-1, has stayed the same. That liberals are dominant is now beyond dispute.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/evidence...liberal-media/
            Fox News could be mistaken for a satirical station lampooning the Right-wing ultra-conservative religious fundamentalist right.
            There is no attempt at balance or fairness. They are openly hostile to Democrats in general and Obama in particular. They are also openly Republican, talking about how "we", i.e. the Republican Party, can win the next election.
            I would expect every other news outlet to be to the left/more liberal than them. It would be impossible not to be.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

The media does do some partisan crap from time to time (the Bush memos for example). And, there are outlets like MSNBC that are openly partisan. They suffer for their blatant partisanship. The public does expect better.
              I agree, but that's a universal human trait, sadly. The conservative-leaning Fox News does it for themselves as well, but because there is a general left of center bias within the news media, people see it more frequently there, and partisanship being what it is go on to believe one side or ideology is more guilty of it than the other inherently.

And MSNBC is suffering financially. I really should try to find that article about them blaming their own attempts to become a liberal Fox News for their failure, it's quite amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                Fox News could be mistaken for a satirical station lampooning the Right-wing ultra-conservative religious fundamentalist right.
                There is no attempt at balance or fairness. They are openly hostile to Democrats in general and Obama in particular. They are also openly Republican, talking about how "we", i.e. the Republican Party, can win the next election.
                I would expect every other news outlet to be to the left/more liberal than them. It would be impossible not to be.
                Well... I can look at M.Kelly or R.Maddox.

I choose Kelly.

No really... I like the Fox reporting just fine. I can 'pick out the clutter from the real stuff'.
                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                  Well... I can look at M.Kelly or R.Maddox.

I choose Kelly.

No really... I like the Fox reporting just fine. I can 'pick out the clutter from the real stuff'.
                  So can I, I am politically astute enough to separate what is hyperbole, sensationalism, BS and bias from actual news which in a few cases doesn't even get a mention in other TV news outlets, I watch just about all of them with the exception of MSNBC which I consider to be a puppet show.
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I agree, but that's a universal human trait, sadly. The conservative-leaning Fox News does it for themselves as well, but because there is a general left of center bias within the news media, people see it more frequently there, and partisanship being what it is go on to believe one side or ideology is more guilty of it than the other inherently.

And MSNBC is suffering financially. I really should try to find that article about them blaming their own attempts to become a liberal Fox News for their failure, it's quite amusing.
                    Well, here they blame Washington and the government...

http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/m...r-low-ratings/

Here they blame Obama...

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/11/...d-ratings.html

Maybe if they didn't put on a cacophony of ranting, bigoted, hateful, venom spewing loons they'd get better ratings. After all, the same format an in some cases, with the same talking heads, doomed Progressive talk radio.

Maybe it's time they reassess their message and who they are having deliver it.

Comment

Well, here they blame Washington and the government...

http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/m...r-low-ratings/

Here they blame Obama...

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/11/...d-ratings.html

Maybe if they didn't put on a cacophony of ranting, bigoted, hateful, venom spewing loons they'd get better ratings. After all, the same format an in some cases, with the same talking heads, doomed Progressive talk radio.

Maybe it's time they reassess their message and who they are having deliver it.
                      MSNBC is pretty much the poster child for a failed attempt at creating a news media power. They're approach, their style, and their journalism was all mediocre at best.

Comment

MSNBC is pretty much the poster child for a failed attempt at creating a news media power. They're approach, their style, and their journalism was all mediocre at best.
                        I don't think having an obvious bias, particularly to the point of bragging about it, and having an in-your-face attitude about everything wins many popularity contests in any field of endeavor.

Comment

I don't think having an obvious bias, particularly to the point of bragging about it, and having an in-your-face attitude about everything wins many popularity contests in any field of endeavor.
                          Yeah, better to follow the Fox method - have your bias obvious, but pay lip service to objectivity. Just saying "we're biased, deal with it" doesn't really appeal to most people.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                            Do not insult crackheads! I deal with a number of crackheads daily, and it's an insult to compare them to Sharpton. They've always got a hustle, and they admit when they've effed up about half the time.....which is better than Sharpton's record.
                            I wasn't referring to crack addicts, but your point is well put.

However, my point remains the same - I would never allow myself or my race to be represented by some idiot who can't even speak properly.

(Oops...I forgot about Lil' Bush...)
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X