Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will free speech on the ACG become regulated?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will free speech on the ACG become regulated?

    As we are being distracted with Cecil the Lion, the Confederate Flag, and other non political distortions, the FEC has quietly renewed its push to regulate political speech on the Internet.
    After backing down amid concerns she wanted to regulate political speech, and even new sites like the Drudge Report, the chairwoman of the Federal Election Commission has renewed talk about targeting campaign and political activities on the internet.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2569255?
    “Breaking News,”

    “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

  • #2
    It already is, by the moderators. If the government wants to meddle ACG can just switch its servers to some other country, if it hasn't already.
    Wisdom is personal

    Comment


    • #3
      Staff only accepts orders from Putin.


      Comment


      • #4
        Well, Progressives and the Left have always enjoyed limiting "free" speech to just their speech.

        The Fairness Doctrine.
        This FEC rules attempt.
        Net neutrality.
        Speech codes on university campuses



        You name it. Every time one of these comes up it is the Democrats or the Left proposing the new rules in the name of "fairness."

        Comment


        • #5
          What happens to moderates?

          They just get called "traitors" by both sides?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post
            What happens to moderates?

            They just get called "traitors" by both sides?
            It's a badge of honour.

            Speaking of which: Mods? Are you there? Can I have a ribbon that says hated equally by all sides? I can furnish proof if needed.
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

            That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rojik View Post
              It's a badge of honour.

              Speaking of which: Mods? Are you there? Can I have a ribbon that says hated equally by all sides? I can furnish proof if needed.
              Most certainly. We are working on a moderate ribbon as we speak. Here is our current proposal:

              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

              Prayers.

              BoRG

              http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                Staff only accepts orders from Putin.

                So they got you too!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  Most certainly. We are working on a moderate ribbon as we speak. Here is our current proposal:

                  What do the other medals for liberals and such look like? Attila the HUn?

                  I would have made one that was half-red and half-blue with a thin white vertical stripe between them. More realistic than your suggestion that moderates are ostriches. with their heads buried in the sand.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I would have made one that was half-red and half-blue with a thin white vertical stripe between them. More realistic than your suggestion that moderates are ostriches. with their heads buried in the sand.
                    An even better one would be a silhouette of Rodin's "The Thinker". We take some from each side and have a third viewpoint a lot of the time. In other words, we think, instead of just parroting the party line.
                    https://www.google.com/search?q=rodi...QEAGA&dpr=1.25

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post
                      What happens to moderates?

                      They just get called "traitors" by both sides?
                      Yeah, until they need us. Then they come out with the old "if you vote 3rd party instead of us, it's a vote for them".

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                        An even better one would be a silhouette of Rodin's "The Thinker". We take some from each side and have a third viewpoint a lot of the time. In other words, we think, instead of just parroting the party line.
                        https://www.google.com/search?q=rodi...QEAGA&dpr=1.25
                        I yield to your superior vision!
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Would hope it doesn't get this bad;
                          TCU student punished for criticizing Islam, Baltimore riots
                          http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...l?intcmp=hpbt4

                          But with Federal Agencies doing this;
                          U.S. Pays Black Comedian to Deliver Anti-White Racist Tirade at Fed Agency
                          http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...at-fed-agency/

                          Hard to say where it all will end.
                          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                          Comment

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X