Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash cam records Medford detective threatening, yelling at driver

http://www.wcvb.com/news/dash-cam-re...river/34373538

Driving home today I got lost and made a wrong turn. In an unfamiliar area I drove slowly but made the mistake of not seeing a poorly marked one way. I stopped midway through entering it when I realized I screwed up and fortunately there were no close calls or potential accidents. Only a single oncoming car (not the medford cop/detective in the video, he was on the other side) that had fully stopped before the road seeing my stupid mistake. After I stopped and realized it was too late I just continued out of the way and back onto the correct road in front of me. This man starts tailgating me and puts his high beams on in his Red Chevy Silverado pick up truck. He then yells how I'm an ******* and that he is going to hurt me, and well the rest is in the video.

The date is incorrect as my dashcam apparently was set wrong. I very rarely ever need to pull videos off of it over the period of time I've owned it and just didn't notice the date mistake. The time however is right.

I also never gave my address to him, he found it by running my plates/license so him saying I'm not registered is false. I have had that info updated since I moved.

more,

In this day and age, I have to wonder what would bring a person in the USA to get out of their car and aggressively approach another driver. I can say that I have been cut off plenty of times and I have not once got out of my car to aggressively approach the guy who cut me off, reason being is that I do not want to get shot. Even if a fellow driver makes a mistake on the road, I am not going to obstruct traffic all of a sudden and get out of my car to aggressively approach another driver.

I understand there are a # of ACG members(American and non American) who are responsible gun owners. How would folks here on ACG react if you happen to be out for a drive...maybe you end up making a traffic violation on accident.. and then some guy gets out of his car only to make an aggressive approach toward you saying "your all done" Remember you dont know that the guy approaching you is LE...
    Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 30 Jul 15, 17:40.

As an LEO, my first advice in this circumstance, when he has not identified himself and is not performing a traffic stop (IE temporary seizure under the 4th Amendment for reason of a violation)....treat him like any other road rager.

Lock your doors

Keep your windows up.

Don't engage him, ignore him.

Call the police.....tell them you have a road rage incident and the intersection.....plate number as well if you can see it.

When it is clear and safe to proceed.....proceed. Tell the dispatcher a parking lot you will meet the responding officer in if they want to make contact.

I'm a bit different, because I'd be calling my communications center and advising them that I would be out with a road rage incident at X intersection......so that backup will respond.....tell the dispatcher my vehicle and clothing description so there's no confusion......and get out to deal with the subject as an LEO, because I'm never really off duty, and I'm not going to leave this subject in the middle of the road raging at other drivers.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I think that's good advice. Here you have someone not in uniform, not in a marked vehicle, making threats and screaming profanities at you who's dressed like some frat boy at a bar might.
      In that situation, I'd call 911 and report it as road rage. If the "officer" at that point won't identify himself by name to the 911 operator, etc., or starts acting weird (ie., tells you to hang up, demands you give him the phone, makes more threats etc.) I for one would assume he really isn't even a police officer to begin with.
      If he makes threats of violence toward me, if armed, I'd warn him to stop, calm down, etc., and be prepared for a self-defense situation.

The "cop" in that video has done everything wrong he could. He escalated the situation right from the get go and continues to do so into it. I'd say serious discipline or termination is warranted because of his actions.

Comment

This is another video of a cop that has gone viral on the internet. Why did he need to pull his gun on the guy?

Comment

Nikki that's not how to deal with a cop. He was belligerent and paranoid...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            This is another video of a cop that has gone viral on the internet. Why did he need to pull his gun on the guy?

Another cop needing to be searching for a new job. That is insane. I don't know what the guy who made the video did in the past (he mentions that this isn't the first time the police have interacted with him and his family), but drawing on someone with a camera?

That cop needs to be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
              As an LEO,

Well...I hope we can keep all the cop hating videos to one thread or you'll be busier than a ***** on a battleship...
              #occupyarmchairgeneral.
              Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
              Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Another cop needing to be searching for a new job. That is insane. I don't know what the guy who made the video did in the past (he mentions that this isn't the first time the police have interacted with him and his family), but drawing on someone with a camera?

That cop needs to be fired.

I thought it was odd that the officer at around 3:45 mark on the video asked, ďare you some kind of constitutionalist?" Why is being a constitutionalist threatening to him?

Comment

I thought it was odd that the officer at around 3:45 mark on the video asked, ďare you some kind of constitutionalist?" Why is being a constitutionalist threatening to him?
                  Is being a "constitutionalist," whatever that is, illegal in California? Now, maybe it is. After all, this video is in California and we know what kind of crazies run that state...

My favorite along those lines is when the cop says "Are you a lawyer?" My answer is "Would it make a difference?"
                  He says "No" then you respond "Then why did you ask?"
                  He says "Yes" and you have him.

It's a perfect "Do you still beat your wife question, only the officer is the one on the receiving end..."

The cop is hit. The implication in that exchange is that if you are a lawyer the officer is going to treat you differently than someone else. That pretty much ends whatever chance he had getting you on something like a traffic ticket.

Comment

He was probably referring more towards the sovereign citizen ideology. It's rather extreme, and is a cause of some serious violence against LEOs. Sovereigns tend to be very uncooperative, and combative.....and also attempt to create massive situations out of minor stops.

In this case he was just being a dick.
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X