Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Trump: "Wisconsin’s doing terribly"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Donald Trump: "Wisconsin’s doing terribly"

    The Donald has come out swinging against fiscal conservative favourite and Ronald Reagan fanboy Scott Walker, blasting his tenure as Governor of Wisconsin. The Washington Post looks at the facts and surprisingly sort of agrees with Trump.

    Originally posted by The Washington Post
    Trump said publicly that he could now attack Walker because a Walker supporter had said something mean about Trump (in the turnabout-is-fair-play spirit). At a rally in Iowa at Oskaloosa High School, Trump said:

    “Wisconsin’s doing terribly. It’s in turmoil. The roads are a disaster because they don’t have any money to rebuild them. They’re borrowing money like crazy. They projected a $1 billion surplus, and it turns out to be a deficit of $2.2 billion. The schools are a disaster. The hospitals and education was a disaster. And he was totally in favor of Common Core, which I hate!”

    He has also recently said Walker was a flip-flopper on the Core. “Scott Walker changed when he saw he was getting creamed, so now he’s not in favor,” Trump said.

    Read More...
    ´
    “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

  • #2
    Amidst the near universal condemnation in the American media, it is left to the BBC to consider 5 reasons why Trump is leading the polls.

    In my view, he will emerge stronger from the TV debate. Beyond that, we shall have to see.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33660969
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

    Comment


    • #3
      Sooner or later, his hair is going to ruin it all for him. Ironic thing is that with his money he could have a whole golden retriever transplanted onto his head.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        ...with his money he could have a whole golden retriever transplanted onto his head...
        That is a Golden Retriever...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
          The Donald has come out swinging against fiscal conservative favourite and Ronald Reagan fanboy Scott Walker, blasting his tenure as Governor of Wisconsin. The Washington Post looks at the facts and surprisingly sort of agrees with Trump.
          The Post as a source?

          Sad.

          Originally posted by Escape2Victory
          Amidst the near universal condemnation in the American media, it is left to the BBC to consider 5 reasons why Trump is leading the polls.

          In my view, he will emerge stronger from the TV debate. Beyond that, we shall have to see.

          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33660969
          Its left to the BBC because they don't really get the process.

          This is the flim-flam portion of the primaries. Its a time for the dark horses to try to grab for the brass ring, for potential candidates to test their media vulnerability, and for everyone to work on raising money.

          Don't watch the ones making the most noise-this is a marathon, not a sprint.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by III Corps View Post
            That is a Golden Retriever...
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              I kind of get a kick out of him.

              He says the things that everybody WISHED they had said.

              The newsies are scared to death of him, exactly why they are trying to dig up every flaw, either real or perceived, in his character.

              (OMG! He might not play along with our BS questions in the nightly news..... he might even call us out! Can't have that!)

              At any rate his ratings go up every time someone notices that he doesn't have any political experience...... what does that tell you about the feelings the voters have for our "elected officials"?

              Mr. Trump will not be elected, he won't even be on the ticket. ....and the newsies will sit around their news desks and pontificate on that.

              ..... and the voters will just plod along.

              Too bad.

              GG
              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

              "Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                I kind of get a kick out of him.

                He says the things that everybody WISHED they had said.

                The newsies are scared to death of him, exactly why they are trying to dig up every flaw, either real or perceived, in his character.

                (OMG! He might not play along with our BS questions in the nightly news..... he might even call us out! Can't have that!)

                At any rate his ratings go up every time someone notices that he doesn't have any political experience...... what does that tell you about the feelings the voters have for our "elected officials"?

                Mr. Trump will not be elected, he won't even be on the ticket. ....and the newsies will sit around their news desks and pontificate on that.

                ..... and the voters will just plod along.

                Too bad.

                GG
                This is a fair assessment.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I really, really hope Trump gets the nomination. It would really be a dream to witness.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    I really, really hope Trump gets the nomination. It would really be a dream to witness.
                    Yeah: once and for all the US will be reduced to a one-party state.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                      Yeah: once and for all the US will be reduced to a one-party state.
                      Or it might convince people to stop supporting the GOP and look elsewhere...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        Or it might convince people to stop supporting the GOP and look elsewhere...
                        What elsewhere -- the Greens?
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                          What elsewhere -- the Greens?
                          Well considering Trump's "successes" as of late, perhaps the party deserves to fall apart. And then, after a few years of chaos, someone else will fill the gap. It happened to the Whigs, after all.

                          Or perhaps there just needs to be such a shock to the GOP system that it will help jump start a revolution inside the party. A little change inside could be a good thing, both for the nation and for the long-term electoral prospects for the party.

                          Either way, it will certainly be amusing to watch.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                            Well considering Trump's "successes" as of late, perhaps the party deserves to fall apart. And then, after a few years of chaos, someone else will fill the gap. It happened to the Whigs, after all.

                            Or perhaps there just needs to be such a shock to the GOP system that it will help jump start a revolution inside the party. A little change inside could be a good thing, both for the nation and for the long-term electoral prospects for the party.

                            Either way, it will certainly be amusing to watch.
                            It's only about party in a superficial sense. What we're seeing here is more a generational conflict than anything else. The post-Nixon GOP's power was built on its mailing lists, which named every remotely conservative donor from coast-to-coast. For thirty years the Democrats salivated over it, but it wasn't until Barack Obama's team tapped into a new generation of more liberal but still affluent donors via new technologies that the battle for the bucks started to swing in favor of the Democrats, and their younger, and more tech savvy constituents. The donors in question -- be they Koch Bros or Ben & Jerry -- actually represent the mores and interests of their generational cohorts fairly well. When the last of the Koch Bros' generation dies off, then the Democrats will have all the levers of power completely to themselves.
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                              It's only about party in a superficial sense. What we're seeing here is more a generational conflict than anything else. The post-Nixon GOP's power was built on its mailing lists, which named every remotely conservative donor from coast-to-coast. For thirty years the Democrats salivated over it, but it wasn't until Barack Obama's team tapped into a new generation of more liberal but still affluent donors via new technologies that the battle for the bucks started to swing in favor of the Democrats, and their younger, and more tech savvy constituents. The donors in question -- be they Koch Bros or Ben & Jerry -- actually represent the mores and interests of their generational cohorts fairly well. When the last of the Koch Bros' generation dies off, then the Democrats will have all the levers of power completely to themselves.
                              Not to mention the demographic shift. The Dems are attracting more voters from the faster growing sects of Americans. If the GOP doesn't find a way to reverse this trend, it's going to collapse beneath a growing Democratic electorate.

                              I think that we're entering a critical phase for the GOP. Within the next decade I expect the GOP to reform itself in some manner in an attempt to keep itself viable. Right now, they're certainly not some beaten minority party but still powerful and viable within the nation - its just their long-term prospects that look poor.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X