Mr Trump Finally steps in it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Trump Finally steps in it.

Mr Trump and Sen McCain have been have a war of words the last several day, mostly over immigration reform. At an Ames Iowa Event, the Family Leadership Summit, He used this line:

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said. “I like people who weren’t captured.”
    The audience, at least, gave the remark a scattered Boo. Not enough of a reaction for my taste.

As a reminder Sen McCain spent:

McCain, a former Navy pilot, spent roughly five-and-half years in a notorious North Vietnamese prison known as the “Hanoi Hilton,” where he was repeatedly tortured. He spent two of those years in solitary confinement.
    Meanwhile Mr Trumps Service record consisted of:

Trump received four student deferments from military service between 1964 and 1968.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

He sure stepped in it with me with that statement, I wouldn't vote for this Buffoon if he ran for Dog Catcher here!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Trump is a skunk of the first order. He not only insulted John McCain, he insulted every American serviceman and veteran.

Trump wouldn't make a pimple on a good lance corporals ass.

Screw him and his minions.

Anyone who suppports him for president and/or votes for him is merely a moron.

Sincerely,
      M

Comment

Yes, Trump opened a can of worms he shouldn't have with that remark.

McCain was a POW not by choice. I don't know what Trump's deferments were for but those were common.
        We know in Bill Clinton's case he did everything he could, including lie, to get out of being drafted for example.

The US draft historically has rejected anywhere from 30 to 50% of those selected for service for all sorts of reasons. So, I don't see deferments on their own as being particularly out of line.

But, Trump's statement is really inexcusable. Like I said, McCain didn't become a POW by choice. McCain also did his service honorably.
        Trump should have left the subject alone.

Comment

The years 1964-68 correspond to the years that Trump was in college.

Comment

The Progressive Democrats and the old guard Republican leadership are scared to death of Trump. They are frightened about how he is appealing to the silent majority that is fed up with the crap taking place in the country the past several years. Not only does he tell it like it is, he does not back down to Political Correctness. And, he has the lawyers to go after those that slander and lie about his positions.

They and the lapdog media will be doing everything they can get away with to try to stop his rise in popularity among the voters. They will take advantage of any statement that he makes during his non teleprompter speeches to attack him.

The choice of words regarding McCain's POW status should not have happened. But, given McCain's RINO's status supporting much of the Obama agenda on immigration and other issues, that makes him a political target for criticism on the issues.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              Mr Trump and Sen McCain have been have a war of words the last several day, mostly over immigration reform. At an Ames Iowa Event, the Family Leadership Summit, He used this line:

The audience, at least, gave the remark a scattered Boo. Not enough of a reaction for my taste.

As a reminder Sen McCain spent:

Meanwhile Mr Trumps Service record consisted of:
              I was only a kid during the Vietnam War; while not an American, ANZAC troops were as well as intelligence sharing from UK, so I will express an opinion. Trump's remarks are offensive to those who served.
              Per Ardua ad Astra

Comment

Hi

There are several 3rd Rails in US Politics, and slating Military Veterans and their service is one of them.

I hope that 'Trump' (which is another slang term for Fart in English) carries on in the race and that he continues to waste his money and whatever political capital he ever had, because his ego and mouth have run their course.

Regards

Andy H
                "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

While Trump's statement was insulting and stupid, it doesn't and shouldn't damn his entire Presidency nor does it mean McCain is a better candidate for leadership. Don't let pure emotion run your decision.

Trump still has the best ideas on immigration that we've seen in a very long time. He's smart, he knows how business works, and he knows what he'd do to get the job done. He's too rich to buy into any bribery, and he's a pretty damn intelligent guy.

If it came down to it, he's still got my vote through-and-through, even if he's made one or two idiotic remarks. Anger and emotion over a statement shouldn't mean he's a horrible leader, not by a longshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome Jack View Post
                    While Trump's statement was insulting and stupid, it doesn't and shouldn't damn his entire Presidency nor does it mean McCain is a better candidate for leadership. Don't let pure emotion run your decision.
                    Why did he even make the statement? McCain isn't even a candidate.

Comment

Trump still has the best ideas on immigration that we've seen in a very long time. He's smart, he knows how business works, and he knows what he'd do to get the job done. He's too rich to buy into any bribery, and he's a pretty damn intelligent guy.

If it came down to it, he's still got my vote through-and-through, even if he's made one or two idiotic remarks. Anger and emotion over a statement shouldn't mean he's a horrible leader, not by a longshot.
                      He's a scumbag and a cheap shot artist. We don't need crap like that. He's as bad as Obama and his administration.

And he is defaming someone who served while he played the 'I've got a deferment' game. That says to me that he's a coward.

Sincerely,
                      M

Comment

Trump still has the best ideas on immigration that we've seen in a very long time.
                        What? Building a wall? Any idea how much that will cost to build, service and man? And you can be pretty much guaranteed that the various contracts for all three will be going to companies with connections to federal and state politicians - in other words: cost overruns and ballooning budgets.

Comment

While Trump's statement was insulting and stupid, it doesn't and shouldn't damn his entire Presidency
                          Hi HJ

Ehh yes it does and yes it has!

Given the relative strength of the GOP field, his absence from the race will focus votes to those candidates that can run an effective campaign against the Democratic candidate.

Regards

Andy H
                          "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            He's a scumbag and a cheap shot artist. We don't need crap like that. He's as bad as Obama and his administration.

And he is defaming someone who served while he played the 'I've got a deferment' game. That says to me that he's a coward.

Sincerely,
                            M
                            Yeah, I figured you'd eventually go to the "if you don't serve, you're a coward" line.

I've seen some super-pro-American people in my life, but you're like a walking stereotype of a gung-ho jingomurican, with your "Serve or you're a coward", "If you don't like it then GIT OUT", etc. etc.

Comment

Here's the Donald's non-apology. The error in the first sentence and the last line seems to confirm the rumour that Trump and Kim-Jong Un share the same press secretary.

´
                              “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X