Laser strikes on airliners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser strikes on airliners

In the last 24 hours there has been a rash of laser strikes on airliner cockpits. 33 to be exact.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/rash-of...ings-1.2473427

Is this possibly another terrorist thing?

I hear about this in NJ at least once a week.
    Last edited by Gixxer86g; 17 Jul 15, 12:44.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

What sick, perverted, twisted mind would even contemplate such a thing?

This Nation is getting sicker and sicker, in my humble opinion.

GG
      "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Probably kids.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          In the last 24 hours there has been a rash of laser strikes on airliner cockpits. 33 to be exact.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/rash-of...ings-1.2473427

Is this possibly another terrorist thing?
          It's either terrorists, in which case they're doing a really poor job since no one has been blinded, or a bunch of kids playing what they consider a prank.

This happened before some years past with kids and laser pointers.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

OK..... What kind of parents allow such sick, perverted and twisted behavior from their offspring?

I remember a time when "kids" were adults in training, not some nefarious unidentified subset of humanity.

Maybe its time to go back to that time.

GG
            "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
              OK..... What kind of parents allow such sick, perverted and twisted behavior from their offspring?

I remember a time when "kids" were adults in training, not some nefarious unidentified subset of humanity.

GG
              I, and my friends were all little terrors growing up. That was the 70s-80s.

We didn't have lasers, but if we did I'm sure we would be pointing them at everything.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

GG

I wish we could.

Comment

GG
                  Gunny, replace laser pointer with slingshot and recompute the mental exercise.

Kids do dumb stuff and that certainly aint new, nor going to change.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
                    Gunny, replace laser pointer with slingshot and recompute the mental exercise.

Kids do dumb stuff and that certainly aint new, nor going to change.
                    I don't know about you, but I never tried to interfere with an airliner packed full of people who could potentially be killed by my actions.

Had I done so, my punishment would have been severe beyond belief.

Comment

The sort of higher energy green lasers often used in these incidents aren't something a kid can go out and buy. They are very pricey items.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X