Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Obama following in Wilson's footsteps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAG View Post
    Hum, let me see, the point was Japan caused trouble by intervention in China, and I rather remember that China was in Japan's backyard and within its natural sphere of influence, that it was the US that somehow saw fit to go in and start antagonizing the Japanese, who were already interacting with the Europeans in China, and did it for no reason whatsoever, other than just perhaps to distract domestic opinion.

Your counter is that the US treated people better than Japan 30 years later?

From what I can actually recall of Australia, maybe you are seeing things through a different glass...
    First of all, I'm not sure what you are trying to sugarcoat with the emoticon.

Secondly, what do you recall of Australia?

I'm assuming you are referring to Aboriginees?

They have about the very highest welfare coverage of any peoples on earth.

They do less work and receive more benefits and more free land ownership per capita than anywhere else I know of.

Do they do anything themselves to try to improve their admittedly very sad and backward situation?

Almost nothing, other than whinge about how badly they have been treated by the evil white man.....even after all of the billions of dollars that have been showered upon them.

I'm sure the Australian Aboriginees would have done just fine in the early 1940's under the benevolent rule of the Japanese in the absence of the evil white man.....just like the Chinese did under Japanese rule in the 1930's/40's.

If there are any aspects I haven't covered, please feel free to let me know.
    "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
    "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
    Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      How much did it cost in lives and treasure when Israel took out Iraq's nuclear plant in 1981?

Sincerely,
      M
      Do you believe it will be that easy?

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post

They do less work and receive more benefits and more free land ownership per capita than anywhere else I know of.

Do they do anything themselves to try to improve their admittedly very sad and backward situation?

Almost nothing, other than whinge about how badly they have been treated by the evil white man.....even after all of the billions of dollars that have been showered upon them.

I'm sure the Australian Aboriginees would have done just fine in the early 1940's under the benevolent rule of the Japanese in the absence of the evil white man.....just like the Chinese did under Japanese rule in the 1930's/40's.

Meh, first you miss the point completely and now you start ranting about some random issue...
        "'Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

- Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by JAG View Post
          I am sorry, can you point out what was wrong in my statement? And I would like to see some sources in your response of course, if it ever comes.
          1) All of it.

2) Go to Draco's member page and hit 'read all posts'.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post

That has been true of indigenous peoples since the dawn of the PC era. Before that, they would have been forcefully integrated.

Personally, I believe that such welfare programs make the situation infinitely worse by reducing the recipients to uselessness and a complete lack of pride, self-sufficiency and initiative aimed at bettering themselves.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              1) All of it.

2) Go to Draco's member page and hit 'read all posts'.
              Nothing, as expected.
              Last edited by JAG; 18 Jul 15, 13:23.
              "'Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

- Steven Weinberg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X