Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chattanooga - Random terror attacks on U.S. soil

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Let's get real all you John wayne's. Even if those killed inChattanooga were in full battle rattle the out come wouldn't hwve turned out much different , unless maybe one was on guard at the door. MAYBE. When someone cuts loose with an automatic rifle at a smaĺl space/target bad things are going to happen. Even if they had been carrying their favorite side arm or even an issued M4. 30 rounds go out very fast, faster than most can react to other than diving for cover.
    IIRC, it was a "semi-automatic", full "automatic" being illegal and difficult for the shooter to acquire. Meanwhile, just because this is military history forum doesn't mean we need to get some facts before engaging hyperbole ...
    Should Timothy White Be Prosecuted For Firing Back At The Chattanooga Shooter?

    EXCERPT:
    ...
    But those of us who didn’t know this already soon learned the ugly truth behind Department of Defense Directive 5210.56, signed by President George H.W. Bush in February 1992, effectively made military areas “gun free” zones. Thanks to the geniuses who adopted and implemented this policy, Nidal Hasan didn’t have to worry about any return fire when he murdered 13 people at Fort Hood and Aaron Alexis was free to slaughter 12 at the Washington Navy Yard unencumbered by pesky bullets coming his way.

    Doubtless, Muhammad Abdulazeez expected a similar red-carpet experience when he charged Rambo-style into the Chattanooga Navy facility. “Gun-free” zones, after all, have been great to mass-murderers like James Holmes, Adam Lanza and Seung-Hui Cho. If bullets aren’t flying back at ya, it’s apparently like a video game to these nutjobs.

    Except we learned that Abdulazeez didn’t quite get the warm welcome he was counting on. Instead, he got unexpected return fire from at least one place, and possibly even two. According to special agent Edward Reinhold, “Two service members attempted to provide cover and assist the military personnel getting over the fence and away from the shooter. The shooter continued to fire and killed two additional service members.”

    “The heroic actions of these service members doubtless saved numerous lives,” he continuted.

    I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that these armed service members weren’t “supposed” to be armed, at least according to the above policy. Just yesterday, the Navy Times reported the name of the surviving service member who engaged the shooter, Lt. Cmdr. Timothy White. The other was a Marine who, unfortunately, was killed.

    The article states, “It’s also unclear why they were armed, as it is against Defense Department policy for anyone other than military police or law enforcement to carry weapons on federal property.”
    ...
    http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...2%202015-07-24


    For the "Beck/Blaze"phobes here, the Navy Times article link;
    http://www.navytimes.com/story/milit...nman/30426817/
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

    Comment


    • Hi

      Boys and their toys!

      Chattanooga shooting: Pentagon discourages civilian guards
      The Pentagon has urged US citizens not to carry out armed patrols outside military recruitment centres.
      Civilians acting as unofficial guards have appeared outside some centres since five service personnel were shot dead last week in Tennessee.
      Military personnel are generally barred from carrying firearms at recruitment centres and bases.
      The Pentagon says it appreciates the support but armed civilians could pose an unintended security risk.
      "While we greatly appreciate the outpouring of support for our recruiters from the American public, we ask that individuals not stand guard at recruiting offices as it could adversely impact our mission, and potentially create unintended security risks,"

      Since then, armed civilians - some of them members of private militias - have turned up outside recruitment centres saying they are supporting those inside.
      One group appeared in Cleburne, Texas, armed with assault rifles and calling themselves Operation Hero Guard.
      In Lancaster, Ohio, armed civilians were ordered off the property after one accidentally discharged his rifle into the pavement.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33662891

      Regards

      Andy H
      "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

      "I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lāčplēsis View Post
        Dear Vikram, assuming you know something of Indian history, you must realise that you are being very selective in your overview. It is true that Emperor Aurangzeb was a miserable and viscious warmonger. Hindu kings went to war as well. Specifically narrowing the narrative to the Mughals, most of them employed Hindu court artists and knew they were living in a pluralistic society. The fact that India today is a 'puritanical' society, can't be levelled at the 12% of Muslims in India. The reasons are far deeper and complex than that.

        Indeed, surprise, surprise - it seems all societies go through periods of liberalism and puritanism.

        I am sorry but i had not mentioned Aurangzeb any where.

        Islams arrival in India was not a peaceful one.


        Taieb el-Okbi :-

        Maybe you could start a separate thread in the Middle ages section if you want to continue this side conversation about how Muslims carried themselves out during the Middle ages.
        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&postcount=187

        To answer him i explained how it brought about changes Islams Conquest brought in India. How society changed, the way we wear cloths. Why women follow Ghunghat, or Parda or Hindu form of HIZAB.

        Sir I did my Masters in Modern Indian History from Nagpur University.

        Most of people here are having little or no knowledge about History.

        My Presence on this Anglo Saxon forum is to inform its members about proper History of Indian sub-Continent. i will always try to put forward my views on topics.

        Sir i will not start any thread on Islamic Conquest of India,

        If any one wants he can start, may be we may start discussing about
        each and every Muslim Dynasty its Good works as its Bad deeds also.

        Glorious and Just Rulers and also the Bad ones.

        vikram

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
          I am sorry but i had not mentioned Aurangzeb any where.

          Islams arrival in India was not a peaceful one.


          Taieb el-Okbi :-



          http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&postcount=187

          To answer him i explained how it brought about changes Islams Conquest brought in India. How society changed, the way we wear cloths. Why women follow Ghunghat, or Parda or Hindu form of HIZAB.

          Sir I did my Masters in Modern Indian History from Nagpur University.

          Most of people here are having little or no knowledge about History.

          My Presence on this Anglo Saxon forum is to inform its members about proper History of Indian sub-Continent. i will always try to put forward my views on topics.

          Sir i will not start any thread on Islamic Conquest of India,

          If any one wants he can start, may be we may start discussing about
          each and every Muslim Dynasty its Good works as its Bad deeds also.

          Glorious and Just Rulers and also the Bad ones.

          vikram

          Vikram ,
          I was previously trying to explain that I will not go further in this side conversation about the Indian sub-Continent during the Middle ages in a thread about a modern terror attack on US soil. Maybe Lāčplēsis will continue with you itt.

          Also I don't think I would call this an Anglo Saxon forum, we got folks from all over the world here on ACG. Such as good folks like yourself, from India.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
            Also I don't think I would call this an Anglo Saxon forum, we got folks from all over the world here on ACG. Such as good folks like yourself, from India.
            Hi

            Mmm I thin we can safely say that the predominant grouping on this Forum is Anglo-Saxon, though there internationally spread.

            Regards

            Andy H
            "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

            "I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Andy H View Post
              Hi

              Mmm I thin we can safely say that the predominant grouping on this Forum is Anglo-Saxon, though there internationally spread.

              Regards

              Andy H
              Hello mate,

              I have heard of the term Anglo-Saxon, though truth be told I have not really looked into the term Anglo Saxon. You probably know much more about this Anglo Saxon term then I.

              Anglo-Saxon, term used historically to describe any member of the Germanic peoples who, from the 5th century ce to the time of the Norman Conquest (1066), inhabited and ruled territories that are today part of England and Wales.
              ...

              The term Anglo-Saxon seems to have been first used by Continental writers in the late 8th century to distinguish the Saxons of Britain from those of the European continent, whom St. Bede the Venerable had called Antiqui Saxones (“Old Saxons”). The name formed part of a title, rex Angul-Saxonum (“king of the Anglo-Saxons”), which was sometimes used by King Alfred of Wessex (reigned 871–99) and some of his successors. By the time of the Norman Conquest, the kingdom that had developed from the realm of the Anglo-Saxon peoples had become known as England, and Anglo-Saxon as a collective term for the region’s people was eventually supplanted by “English.” For some time thereafter, Anglo-Saxon persisted as an informal synonym for English, but that use diminished as emigrants from Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, and other areas beyond northern Europe further reshaped Britain’s ethnic composition.

              http://www.britannica.com/topic/Anglo-Saxon

              I have ancestors who lived in the area known as Great Britain, so I suppose this would give me the title of Anglo Saxon. Fwiw I also have ancestors who hail from the Italian pennisula.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                Hello mate,

                I have heard of the term Anglo-Saxon, though truth be told I have not really looked into the term Anglo Saxon. You probably know much more about this Anglo Saxon term then I.
                I am just guessing that Vikram Bhai, is feeling that Asia is a little under-represented in the forum
                Per Ardua ad Astra

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  Sorry, Ron, no Islamic love with this killing. 50+ year old white man.....
                  You forgot from the rad right. I heard that he even had his own bunker lined with tin foil.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                  Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                  you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Andy H View Post
                    Hi

                    Mmm I thin we can safely say that the predominant grouping on this Forum is Anglo-Saxon, though there internationally spread.

                    Regards

                    Andy H
                    Predominantly, yes.But not only. Not all European and Russian are Anglo. French, German etc. From the Balkans and parts of Asia. Imo none have been pushed to the side when it comes to pov on any given subject. I find it refreshing seeing the different pov from around the World. It's educational to me. True some don't care for further education because they all ready know everything, or so they think.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lāčplēsis View Post
                      I am just guessing that Vikram Bhai, is feeling that Asia is a little under-represented in the forum
                      Thanks Sir, for calling me Bhai.

                      I like the Forum the way it is. www is a good medium, One can spread any kind of story they want. if false one are posted there are people who do challenge it. But that may not be true for our Indian Subcontinent. Indians dont continue in this forum, at least from India proper.

                      Dont know why Indian Military History buffs stay away fro this forum. They enjoy our local Desi Forums.

                      History is a technical subject with regional flavor. our Government dose not understand the value of fighting vicious propaganda.

                      Other Nations employ Brigades of what people call them

                      Anyway when a lie is told thousand time it becomes Truth.

                      In this Forum i Live in a Foxhole, can receive Fire from any side. i pop up in 3 or 4 day's . look for scope to contribute and then that is all.

                      for 2 years or so i was absent from forum. Many good posters came and disappeared, That is life.

                      May be i am too old to do any thing else.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
                        Thanks Sir, for calling me Bhai.

                        I like the Forum the way it is. www is a good medium, One can spread any kind of story they want. if false one are posted there are people who do challenge it. But that may not be true for our Indian Subcontinent. Indians dont continue in this forum, at least from India proper.

                        Dont know why Indian Military History buffs stay away fro this forum. They enjoy our local Desi Forums.

                        History is a technical subject with regional flavor. our Government dose not understand the value of fighting vicious propaganda.

                        Other Nations employ Brigades of what people call them

                        Anyway when a lie is told thousand time it becomes Truth.

                        In this Forum i Live in a Foxhole, can receive Fire from any side. i pop up in 3 or 4 day's . look for scope to contribute and then that is all.

                        for 2 years or so i was absent from forum. Many good posters came and disappeared, That is life.

                        May be i am too old to do any thing else.
                        I can understand the 'Desi' appeal

                        However, I am interested in Indian history so maybe I will open a thread to discuss further Sir!

                        Per Ardua ad Astra

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
                          I am sorry but i had not mentioned Aurangzeb any where.

                          Islams arrival in India was not a peaceful one.


                          Taieb el-Okbi :-



                          http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&postcount=187

                          To answer him i explained how it brought about changes Islams Conquest brought in India. How society changed, the way we wear cloths. Why women follow Ghunghat, or Parda or Hindu form of HIZAB.

                          Sir I did my Masters in Modern Indian History from Nagpur University.

                          Most of people here are having little or no knowledge about History.

                          My Presence on this Anglo Saxon forum is to inform its members about proper History of Indian sub-Continent. i will always try to put forward my views on topics.

                          Sir i will not start any thread on Islamic Conquest of India,

                          If any one wants he can start, may be we may start discussing about
                          each and every Muslim Dynasty its Good works as its Bad deeds also.

                          Glorious and Just Rulers and also the Bad ones.

                          vikram

                          STICK TO THE THREAD.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                          Comment


                          • Fallen Tennessee Marines to Get Purple Heart (maybe)

                            EXCERPT:
                            Purple Heart awards packages have been prepared by the Marine Corps for the four Marines killed in the Chattanooga attack last week. The Marine Corps is also determining whether the Marine who sustained an injury as a result of the attack on the recruitment center, Sgt. DeMonte Cheeley, would be eligible for the award as well.
                            Even though the packages have already been prepared, they cannot be submitted and awarded until a link is proven between a foreign terrorist organization and the shooter, Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez by the FBI. As of yet, investigators are still reefing to the shooter as a "homegrown violent extremist”. Confirmation of eligibility for these Marines to receive the award must wait until the FBI investigation is concluded according to a Marines Corps spokesmen.

                            ...
                            http://www.scout.com/story/1566430-f...NjAyNzEyODQ5S0
                            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              Fallen Tennessee Marines to Get Purple Heart (maybe)

                              EXCERPT:
                              Purple Heart awards packages have been prepared by the Marine Corps for the four Marines killed in the Chattanooga attack last week. The Marine Corps is also determining whether the Marine who sustained an injury as a result of the attack on the recruitment center, Sgt. DeMonte Cheeley, would be eligible for the award as well.
                              Even though the packages have already been prepared, they cannot be submitted and awarded until a link is proven between a foreign terrorist organization and the shooter, Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez by the FBI. As of yet, investigators are still reefing to the shooter as a "homegrown violent extremist”. Confirmation of eligibility for these Marines to receive the award must wait until the FBI investigation is concluded according to a Marines Corps spokesmen.

                              ...
                              http://www.scout.com/story/1566430-f...NjAyNzEyODQ5S0

                              The foreign terrorist organization is called islam.

                              However it doesn't feel good to admit the truth, so the families will suffer like the ones from the Ft Hood assault.
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                              BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                              BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X