U.S. Offers to Help Israel Bolster Defenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Saying "I want to see you go down" is a far cry from "I want to see you die".
    When I see a large group of people chanting and the chant is translated as down with America , to me they might as well be chanting death to America.

That said there are religious figures in Iran whom are more peaceful then what we often see on fox news for example.

You have any comment on the p5+1? I take it you disagree with the nuclear deal.

Comment

Nobody so far as actually articulated how the death and destruction will happen. Maybe because it will not. Apart from self-interest I would hazard a guess that diplomats talk to each other and that chats happen behind closed doors. Actually I'd like to know Limbaugh's view on this.
      Per Ardua ad Astra

Comment

We have to support Israel because it is the only even remotely liberal democracy in the region. If you can't agree that human rights are better protected in Israel than in it's neighbors you must have head buried in the sand.

I would argue that human rights are better protected in Israel despite it's religious identity not because of it. The Israeli government is modeled on Western ideas of secular government. If liberals see support for Israel as Western hegemony then it is clear that Israel's neighbors represent the alternative.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          We have to support Israel because it is the only even remotely liberal democracy in the region. If you can't agree that human rights are better protected in Israel than in it's neighbors you must have head buried in the sand.

I would argue that human rights are better protected in Israel despite it's religious identity not because of it. The Israeli government is modeled on Western ideas of secular government. If liberals see support for Israel as Western hegemony then it is clear that Israel's neighbors represent the alternative.
          Human rights are great in Israel for Jews.

Arabs and Muslims, though.......

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome Jack View Post

You really need to travel outside of the United States. Expand your horizons, don't count on the Internet only.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

The bias in favor of Jews in Israel is a reflection of their own special mythology but fundamentally Israel is a secular society. How non Jews are treated is a matter of debate but clearly woman and other groups are treated inline with current thinking on human rights something you will not find in Israel's neighbors. Israel could be said to be on the path to enlightenment while it's neighbors have elected to return to the dark ages.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Depends on where in Israel you go. Palestinian camps truly are horrible, but not every Arab or Muslim living in Israel is placed in camps behind walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  Depends on where in Israel you go. Palestinian camps truly are horrible, but not every Arab or Muslim living in Israel is placed in camps behind walls.
                  I've heard typically that society still frowns on them considerably. Ironic considering Hebrewism/Judaism and Islam are almost identical religions in numerous ways.

Comment

I've heard typically that society still frowns on them considerably. Ironic considering Hebrewism/Judaism and Islam are almost identical religions in numerous ways.
                    Up until the genocidal fanaticism of Islam.

Personally, if I were Israel and had suffered what they have at the hands of fanatical Islamic terrorists, I wouldn't allow a single Muslim anywhere inside the borders, so I would say they are very tolerant under the circumstances.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Up until the genocidal fanaticism of Islam.

Personally, if I were Israel and had suffered what they have at the hands of fanatical Islamic terrorists, I wouldn't allow a single Muslim anywhere inside the borders, so I would say they are very tolerant under the circumstances.
                      If I were a Muslim and grew up next to a people that form the basis of Western religion and historically slaughtered Gentiles, heathens, and taught that they were the rulers of the earth and destined to dominate everyone and everything on this planet by being Yahweh's chosen people, I'd be pretty mad at them. Not fanatically, but I'd still not want them near me.

Comment

If I were a Muslim and grew up next to a people that form the basis of Western religion and historically slaughtered Gentiles, heathens, and taught that they were the rulers of the earth and destined to dominate everyone and everything on this planet by being Yahweh's chosen people, I'd be pretty mad at them. Not fanatically, but I'd still not want them near me.
                        The vast majority of Jews no more believe they are the chosen people of god than the majority of Christians are hoping the apocalypse is just around the corner. Zionism itself is more secular than religious at it's roots but few ethnic groups can deny the influence of religion on their cultural heritage.

Israel exists because of anti Jewish sentiment in Europe and the Middle East and it is that same anti Jewish sentiment that makes it difficult to condemn Israel's policies. The first step in influencing Israel's policies should be to eliminate anti Jewish ethnic bias.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                          Robi P.
                          by casanova
                          The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                          Today, 02:27
                        • casanova
                          Beirut
                          by casanova
                          Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                          Today, 00:47
                        • casanova
                          Nuclear battleheads.
                          by casanova
                          A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                          Yesterday, 23:58
                        Working...
                        X