This Is Not A Gun Free Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Not A Gun Free Zone

Greenleaf Idaho has requested that signs be placed on 5 entrances to the town that state "This Is Not A Gun Free Zone". However, the Idaho Transportation Dept has to approve the placing of the signs.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...-itd/29880165/
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

My optometrist has a sign welcoming concealed carry.

He didn't have to ask though.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

My God do we live in a paranoid society!
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
        No. That's why I'm ok with people legally carrying guns.
        "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
          No...we live amongst The Marching Morons.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

If your not paranoid why do you feel you need to carry a weapon?

MM, did your Dad have the feeling that he needed to carry to be safe 40-50 years ago? Violent crime was higher back then.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
              No. That's why I'm ok with people legally carrying guns.
              I'm strongly for self-defense and private gun ownership, but I'm strongly opposed to open-carry like this. It's complete paranoia to think you need a shotgun or AR15 at your side at all times, and all that needs to happen is you to have a bad day and then take it out on others.

Comment

The right to carry seems to be trending. Last month, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed into law a measure called Campus Carry. It permits handguns in dorms, cafeterias, and student unions at state universities and community colleges. Of course it limits carry privileges on Texas campuses to holders of concealed-gun permits.

Comment

Texas relies on word of mouth.

And yet every year thirty or forty+ people die because they didn't think the whole 'is this a good place to home invade' through.

Personally, I blame the schools.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    If your not paranoid why do you feel you need to carry a weapon?

MM, did your Dad have the feeling that he needed to carry to be safe 40-50 years ago? Violent crime was higher back then.
                    No, but he kept his service weapon in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      Texas relies on word of mouth.

And yet every year thirty or forty+ people die because they didn't think the whole 'is this a good place to home invade' through.

Personally, I blame the schools.
                      Why not blame the perps themselves, instead of laying it on the system like society's failures constantly do?

Comment

I don't carry because frankly it's a nuisance. I honestly believe that the chance you will need a firearm or be able to use it effectively is fairly small. I don't mind other people who conceal carry as most of them I know are responsible adults.

The reason to not allow open carry is the escalation factor. Criminals are I suspect fairly paranoid and will shoot anyone with a weapon in self defense. After all a criminal shooting a cop is an act of defense of liberty. It's always a question of justification when it comes to shooting someone and the law is kind of vague although not in the case of someone committing a crime where it is always a felony. In anycase it's best not to provoke an unnecessary shooting by making yourself a target with open carry. Presumably police know how to deescalate a confrontation due to years of training.

My state has changed the law making retreat as a first defense unnecessary in the case of home invasion which is ok. Personally however I don't think it is worth risking my life to save a few personal items. I will however shoot to kill anyone bold enough to seek me out within my home and that means without warning. Again letting someone know you are armed seems a bit silly.

Right to carry makes everyone with a permit a private law enforcement agent. The police tend to hate this concept but it is self evident. With that in mind the training requirements for permits in most jurisdictions is absurdly low. Like all privileges the right should be earned not carelessly distributed for fear of discrimination. Stricter training requirements would discriminate against the poor of that there is no doubt but there are many privileges not available to the poor. Ownership and carry are not the same animal. Personally I'm not sure I want to go through training rigorous enough to make me competent to carry and use a firearm to defend others. At the moment I will let our highly trained police force do that for me. I very well could be sorry someday I made that decision.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Hell, I carry a Acu-Tech 380. Cute little thing. You gotta load it hot to get much from it, but its slim and barely noticeable.

Yeah I know, weenie round, but it'll take someone down with proper shot placement...

Out in the woods I carry my old trusty .41 mag.
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Hell, I carry a Acu-Tech 380. Cute little thing. You gotta load it hot to get much from it, but its slim and barely noticeable.

Yeah I know, weenie round, but it'll take someone down with proper shot placement...

Out in the woods I carry my old trusty .41 mag.
                            I assume you are well trained?
                            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Heh. And I load my own.

Been thinking about taking a course on gun-smithing.

Could be fun.

If your interested in possessing firearms I really recommend the NRA courses.

http://training.nra.org/

I really loath idiots who have little training.
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X