Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johns624
    replied
    The old P-series Rugers sucked. The new SR's are very serviceable.
    Nothing better than long range shooting with peep sights. If you get good at that, it gives you a feeling of great confidence.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    Okay, but we're not talking about blackpowder firearms and a few other rarities that any self respecting felon wouldn't use. Since we're nitpicking, is your 92 a real one or a POS Taurus? I'm waiting...
    A Taurus. I've fired probably close to a thousand rounds through that thing in the last 25 or so years and it has never jammed, never misfired on me. It's accurate enough to 20 to 25 yards.

But, I'm not a big pistol fan. To my thinking if they're that close it's easier to use a sword, knife, or simply give them the "chair" WWE style. But, you never know... That's why I like a big heavy all metal pistol. It works great as a club.

Never had much use for pistols. Oh, it's the only one I own too.

So, say what you will, for me it gets the job done. How can you complain about something that works reliably every time?

Oh, I really prefer shooting black powder. It's fun. Have a Sharps .54 and a Maynard Highwall in .40. The later uses modified .303 British cartridges. Have bullet molds for both. It's fun using the micrometer peep sights and trying to get good groups at 200 or 300 yards that way. That is a real test of skill.

Now, you want crap in a pistol, buy a Ruger.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    The only way that a convicted felon can legally buy a gun from a dealer is if he gets his conviction expunged. State rights reinstatements only work for private sales because dealers operate according to federal law.
    Correct, for most states but some don't expunge anything, unless it is done by the Governor.... fat chance.

Leave a comment:

• johns624
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Not true. Any firearm manufactured before 1895 is legal to be purchased by anyone.

http://www.empirearms.com/pre-1899.htm

Technically, felons can buy and possess such weapons.
    Okay, but we're not talking about blackpowder firearms and a few other rarities that any self respecting felon wouldn't use. Since we're nitpicking, is your 92 a real one or a POS Taurus? I'm waiting...

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    The only way that a convicted felon can legally buy a gun from a dealer is if he gets his conviction expunged. State rights reinstatements only work for private sales because dealers operate according to federal law.
    Not true. Any firearm manufactured before 1895 is legal to be purchased by anyone.

http://www.empirearms.com/pre-1899.htm

Technically, felons can buy and possess such weapons.

Leave a comment:

• johns624
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    Until he becomes a US citizen.
    One does not have to be a US Citizen to buy Duck Liver!

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    lol

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    For how long my friend?

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    I cannot.
    But I can freely buy some Foie gras ,hehe ...
    For how long my friend?

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    It would have to be a felony conviction. The only misdemeanor that disqualifies you is Domestic Violence. Scroll down to questions 11.a-11.l. if he wasn't convicted with the attendant records, it is up to the purchaser to voluntarily answer addiction questions.
    https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download
    I found the FBI's assertions to be vague, which leads me to believe that it may be the opening salvo in the battle to "toughen" gun purchase restrictions.
    A misdemeanor weapons violation and other violations would also disqualify you in certain areas.

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    I cannot.
    But I can freely buy some Foie gras ,hehe ...

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    Does this apply to just Louisiana or nationwide?
    Varies by state. In Texas, ten years after the sentence was served, if no other felonies have accrued, rights are restored.

Keeping in mind that a lot of people out walking around are still serving their sentence on parole.

Leave a comment:

• Nikki
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    edit: I have just found that if a felon stays felony free for 10 years, he can get back his right to own firearms.

Pruitt

Does this apply to just Louisiana or nationwide?

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Even felons, including federal ones, can buy and own firearms manufactured before 1895. So, they could always buy something old like a colt revolver.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X