MTV now doing a show on White Privelege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTV now doing a show on White Privelege

Debating whether to ignore this or watch it for the humor.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/434715343...#sp=show-clips

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but the whole white privilege schtick is getting absurd. It makes me wonder if liberal society can ever function without a raging victim complex and shows how desperate they are to maintain it. In an age where we have equal protection, affirmative action, social programs aplenty, and a black president they, in their desperation, now want to make just being white an act of oppression. I've chatted with these guys in the Cracked zone and they are so desperate that when you point out that there is such a thing as poor white people they insist that being white made them.....less poor.

By far the funniest is when Latino left wing (Yes I know Vargas is from the Philippines) start wagging their fingers at America over white privilege and imperialism. They never stop griping about the land we "stole" from Mexico as they conveniently overlook the fact that they, the descendants of Spanish colonists, stole said land from Native Americans. "We stole it first" is the real argument to be presented. And that's where the privilege argument really becomes hilarious. Because even now Native Americans in Central and South America are still getting the short end of the stick. Native Americans in Mexico even find themselves the target of paramilitary violence.

http://www.minorityrights.org/4456/m...s-peoples.html

No word on efforts to teach Mexicans about Latino Privilege.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

I'm sorry, but there is a such a thing as White Privilege. At least when dealing with the justice system and police. In Western Society Black people are regularly stereotyped as being poor and prone to crime. It's hard to see how people don't see that.

Here are just a few examples of this:

White people are more likely to deal drugs, but black people are more likely to get arrested for it

Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes

In 2005 the Baltimore Police Department arrested 76,497 people without warrants2 and released a third of them “prior to any involvement by a defense attorney or any decision by a court commissioner or judge.

You really can get pulled over for driving while black, federal statistics show
    ´
    “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Why do you call it a privilege?

There was a bit newspiece here when some Maltese woman spat on and slap a Hungarian student who was trying to organise a queu on the bus stand. Then the cops took the student down, while people who saw what happened cheered on. All because the guy was black.

But saying it is a privilege that I don't get treated that way is saying that people should be treated that way.
      Last edited by Karri; 10 Jul 15, 13:18.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
        It's a superficial argument. For example, sentencing under today's laws is a convoluted process. The major item involved is something called a PSI or Pre-Sentencing Investigation. Sentence length is based in large part on what is contained in the PSI.
        For example, if more Blacks than Whites are from single parent homes, didn't finish high school, etc., they end up with more points on a PSI than a White for their background life. That in turn raises the length of the sentence.
        Without looking at stuff like that superficial claims like those above barely are worth considering except as a basis for much closer study.

If you look at many of the claims made by those pushing White Privilege academically, their "research" is often vapid and cherry picked. I'd say on the whole, the idea is little more than an attempt to be politically correct by the Left.
        It isn't the first time, and won't be the last, that rubbish is being passed off as serious research.

Comment

No surprise coming from Progressive Mind Poison TV. Another reason to dump the ever more expensive even more commercial laden PAY TV services.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Nice timing!

An ASU "professor" (I use quotes because to call him an actual one is an insult to professors) in African-American studies and Race was demoted for repeated plagiarism in his publishing.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...dent/30000997/

During the first incident where he was charged with plagiarism, another fellow professor resigned in protest over the committee's decision to censure him.
            During the investigation Whitaker and his supporters claimed the accusers were "out to get him" and "the question of the motive of my accusers cannot be ignored, including racial bias, resentment, and harassment against a Black professor promoted to full professor over their objections."

Their objections were he had been caught previously plagiarizing. But, of course, how usual that Whitaker would play the race card first thing to shut his detractors up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
              I guess it really is tough living in Israel.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I don't know. I see around 75% of the "madman" speeders on the highway are black. (Then again, my observations MAY be racial.)

It really is hard to "call 'em as you see "em" when the obvious answer is going to get you hung as a "racist", or worse!!!! It's almost foolproof! (Except this observer really doesn't give a sorry rat's behind about being called a "racist".)

Which brings up the perfect answer to stopping a black on the highway:

Black: You stopped me because I'm black !!!!

Officer: No. I stopped you because you were doing 95 in a 65 zone!

On the other hand, it doesn't matter to the Black.... he has been taught since day one that EVERYTHING the "White Man" does IS racist.

This has to change, also, before any real progress can be made.

GG
                "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

I know from personal experience that many Native Americans forego school / a standard education because "That's the White man's education..."

I have no idea how being able to read, write, and do math are "White" or racist but apparently they are to some minorities.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      I know from personal experience that many Native Americans forego school / a standard education because "That's the White man's education..."

I have no idea how being able to read, write, and do math are "White" or racist but apparently they are to some minorities.
                      Because if they accepted an education, they would qualify to work, and that would cost them their government housing, medical care and welfare checks on the Res.

Same reason inner city blacks aren't interested in getting an education. Welfare pays more than minimum wage jobs do, and if the black females keep cranking out children without a father, the female gets bigger benefit checks, and lots of medical care as well. Why work when they can get paid pretty well for breeding and hanging out with their girlfriends?

The system is so completely broken there is no hope of ever fixing it, especially since the programs are the heart and soul of the Democratic party and those recipients are their voting blocs. Just like the Roman Senators and emperors did with their bread and circuses.

What is truly ironic is the black attitude of "kill Whitey!" Who's going to pay for those government handout programs without "Whitey" working and paying all those taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome Jack View Post

Isn't that the truth...and a damning commentary on our society today.

Comment

Comment

If whites were a minority you could call it privilege..... such as in South Africa during apartheid....... but with whites being a majority it isn't privilege..... calling it privilege is an oxymoron...... minorities have been oppressed, no question about that of course, still are, but that's a separate question from privilege.... it's a poor choice of word

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                              No surprise coming from Progressive Mind Poison TV. Another reason to dump the ever more expensive even more commercial laden PAY TV services.
                              Progressive mind poison tv....
                              WOW...Simply wow..
                              So ,some in the wonderful Usa are just like some are describing them here ?
                              Fear...fear...
                              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X