No announcement yet.

New twist in the SF murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see a big ass lawsuit against SF.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
      I'd like to see a big ass lawsuit against SF.
      I'm sure you will, if they are too stupid to quietly settle with the family out of court before it goes that far.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I'm sure you will, if they are too stupid to quietly settle with the family out of court before it goes that far.
        I would also like to see the courts hold public officials liable for their actions, they should get fined, fired, and jailed for endangering citizens lives.
        My worst jump story:
        No lie.

~
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I would also like to see the courts hold public officials liable for their actions, they should get fined, fired, and jailed for endangering citizens lives.
          To do so you have to prove a culpable mental state, i.e. that the actor intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal neglect caused said murder to happen.

Lots of subjects out on bond commit murder. There can be no reasonable expectation of intent when there are Federal and State mandates on jail capacity. If the law says you must hold the jail pop to X number, then you have no choice.

The liability lies with the policy of a sanctuary city. A suit on those grounds would be very interesting if properly done.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            To do so you have to prove a culpable mental state, i.e. that the actor intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal neglect caused said murder to happen.

Lots of subjects out on bond commit murder. There can be no reasonable expectation of intent when there are Federal and State mandates on jail capacity. If the law says you must hold the jail pop to X number, then you have no choice.

The liability lies with the policy of a sanctuary city. A suit on those grounds would be very interesting if properly done.
            The problem here is that a "sanctuary" law like SF has in essence flaunts itself in the face of federal law. That is, it could be argued that SF is defying federal law and in doing so acted illegally in letting this stick out of jail without notifying ICE and such.
            That would make the SF government responsible as they acted illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              The problem here is that a "sanctuary" law like SF has in essence flaunts itself in the face of federal law. That is, it could be argued that SF is defying federal law and in doing so acted illegally in letting this stick out of jail without notifying ICE and such.
              That would make the SF government responsible as they acted illegally.
              Yeah, civilly, but I'm don't know the Federal Code well enough to say if that carries a criminal penalty.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Yeah, civilly, but I'm don't know the Federal Code well enough to say if that carries a criminal penalty.
                My point is that someone could sue SF on the basis of defying federal statutes on immigration. That is, they acted illegally and as a result someone was murdered.
                Worse, for SF, this isn't the first time something like this has happened there. That could be pointed to as an aggravating factor in such a lawsuit. That is, the defendant (SF) knew their policy was illegal and that it potentially could harm citizens by its pursuit by the city.

Of course, in this case, it is likely the suit will include the federal officer involved and the US government as the plaintiffs will almost certainly have some justification that the officer acted improperly in the securing of his duty firearm in a public place.

Comment

It's a shame that San Francisco is such a nest of insanity, as it's seriously one of the most beautiful cities in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    The shooter says he found the gun wrapped in a jacket / shirt. Okay.

Two things.

He knows he is not allowed to possess, handle or otherwise have a firearm. He picked the weapon up.

Two: It fired not once, but three times (minimally). That means he deliberately pulled the trigger and did so more than once.
                    Every time these guys "find" a weapon by chance it just pizzes me off. I'm a good guy. I hope God loves me. Why in the 55years I've walked on river banks, traveled the back roads, and have followed trails of others with weapons, I am "O" forever on finding a gun? To the best of my knowledge, my count is 2 rusty knife blades whose handles had disappeared.
                    Imagine the model and condition of a Federal personal sidearm? It seems most every time a felon "finds" one; it seems to be one I would die for. Bummer.
                    My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
                      Every time these guys "find" a weapon by chance it just pizzes me off. I'm a good guy. I hope God loves me. Why in the 55years I've walked on river banks, traveled the back roads, and have followed trails of others with weapons, I am "O" forever on finding a gun? To the best of my knowledge, my count is 2 rusty knife blades whose handles had disappeared.
                      Imagine the model and condition of a Federal personal sidearm? It seems most every time a felon "finds" one; it seems to be one I would die for. Bummer.
                      This brings up another point, who the **** lost their handgun? Some serious explaining needs to be done on that debacle.
                      My worst jump story:
                      No lie.

~
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        It's a shame that San Francisco is such a nest of insanity, as it's seriously one of the most beautiful cities in the nation.
                        It didn't use to be like that. I remember going there as a child, as my parents were from there, and it was a great place to visit.

Sincerely,
                        M
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

This brings up another point, who the **** lost their handgun? Some serious explaining needs to be done on that debacle.
                          Well, so far all we have is the shooter's explanation of how he acquired the weapon.

IME people caught with stolen property have always just 'found' it. Even if its a garage full of HD TVs...

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                            Couldn't agree more. it's a shame!
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Maybe I'm overly suspicious, but how the hell did anyone think this sanctuary city business is a good idea?

Is the premise really that it will allow illegals to report other illegals who are criminals because they won't fear deportation?

Was the idea seriously to rely on the word and honesty of people who snuck into the country illegally? Seems like an logic thrown together at the last minute by the open borders kumbaya crowd to justify an absurd policy.
                              “Come and take it!"

Comment

Well, so far all we have is the shooter's explanation of how he acquired the weapon.

IME people caught with stolen property have always just 'found' it. Even if its a garage full of HD TVs...
                                I wouldn't call it stolen property that's just people taking their "fair share", after all they are entitled to it right?
                                “Come and take it!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X