NYC to Eliminate Bail for Many Non-Violent Offenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
    Maybe you don't have it there, but here we have groups of children just waiting at stoplights to steal side mirrors, jacks, anything not tied down or can be accessed. Groups of children who break and enter, stealing anything valuable.
    This might sound wrong to you but I promise you, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck.....I love the PI.

We used to keep a lot of pesos in one pocket, as soon as we would get mobbed we would throw them in the opposite direction that we were going......it worked everytime.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      This might sound wrong to you but I promise you, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck.....I love the PI.

We used to keep a lot of pesos in one pocket, as soon as we would get mobbed we would throw them in the opposite direction that we were going......it worked everytime.
      That must've been a long time ago. Nowadays, if you're being mobbed, make sure your valuables are secured. Still, it doesn't define us, and am glad you love our country.
      "We have no white flag."

Comment

Here's what I mean.

http://mobile.abs-cbnnews.com/video/...gamit-sa-paco/
        "We have no white flag."

Comment

Personally I don't care if the criminal is technically a minor or not. If they're involved in a serious crime like rape or murder (it happens), I'd rather err on the side of caution and treat them like adults.
          The good news is that in the USA, at least, they can be.

At least, if the bleeding hearts stay out of it.

We had a deal a long while ago where an 11 year old shot and killed a schoolmate. Not a school shooting, but still. We were set to try him as an adult and bleeding hearts started mewing and sobbing and he got court-ordered psyche care instead.

Fast forward through eight years of shrink visits on the taxpayer's dime, and he shoots another kid. Exact same circumstances. Victim is 11, mother gets to see her kid get scattered.

So about a quarter million tax dollars and a second dead kid got us to where we were eight years before.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

“Stone walls do not a prison make,
            Nor iron bars a cage;
            Minds innocent and quiet take
            That for an hermitage;
            If I have freedom in my love
            And in my soul am free,
            Angels alone, that soar above,
            Enjoy such liberty.”

-Richard Lovelace
            “Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              The good news is that in the USA, at least, they can be.

At least, if the bleeding hearts stay out of it.

We had a deal a long while ago where an 11 year old shot and killed a schoolmate. Not a school shooting, but still. We were set to try him as an adult and bleeding hearts started mewing and sobbing and he got court-ordered psyche care instead.

Fast forward through eight years of shrink visits on the taxpayer's dime, and he shoots another kid. Exact same circumstances. Victim is 11, mother gets to see her kid get scattered.

So about a quarter million tax dollars and a second dead kid got us to where we were eight years before.
              That's sad. By all means, if there's psychiatric disorder and should be treated, go ahead, but if not, full punishment must be meted out.
              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
                “Stone walls do not a prison make,
                Nor iron bars a cage;
                Minds innocent and quiet take
                That for an hermitage;
                If I have freedom in my love
                And in my soul am free,
                Angels alone, that soar above,
                Enjoy such liberty.”

-Richard Lovelace
                What was Lovelace's take on rape and sodomy?

Or is that covered under the 'freedom of my love'?
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Here's another one. Note the knife.

http://mobile.abs-cbnnews.com/nation...computer-shop/
                  "We have no white flag."

Comment

And another.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/video...n-sa-mga-pulis

I wish the law allowed jail time for them. Sadly, being minors, they won't be jailed.
                    "We have no white flag."

Comment

http://www.thedailypedia.com/2015/08...le-beggars-qc/

What to do with these? Not quite innocents, are they? I wish we had caning like Singapore.
                      "We have no white flag."

Comment

You want to reinforce corporal punishment for citizens? You want to lapse back into the barbarity it has taken so long to climb out of? Physically abusing prisoners does not do anything. It pisses people off and makes them want revenge.
                        First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                          You want to reinforce corporal punishment for citizens? You want to lapse back into the barbarity it has taken so long to climb out of? Physically abusing prisoners does not do anything. It pisses people off and makes them want revenge.
                          Oh, I'd prefer these kids to suffer, yes. As the system stands, there's no correcting their ways, and it's the real innocents (car owners, pedestrians) who suffer.
                          "We have no white flag."

Comment

Oh, I'd prefer these kids to suffer, yes. As the system stands, there's no correcting their ways, and it's the real innocents (car owners, pedestrians) who suffer.
                            I agree.

Frankly, I see a lot of value in Singapore's solution: caning.

The degree of control to staff has in any given prison system is directly proportional to their ability to meet violence or the threat thereof with greater violence.

Comment

These kids are not afraid because they know as things currently stand all they'll face is at most a week in a social welfare facility, not even any mark on their "record". Maybe they'll face street justice sometime, but again, as things stand, the people who face up to these bastards risk being charged with child abuse.
                              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X