X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    By and an large my assessment of our the 60s generation is they were vacuously self indulgent. For some yet unexplained reason they wanted to strike a blow against their own over child indulgent parents. Fonda is a product of her times in many ways. She should have listen to the beatles "if you go around caring pictures of Chairman Mao you ain't' going to make it with anyone anyhow. Apparently they were often asked to donate to various movements "if you want money for minds that hate all I can tell you brother is you have wait".

Jack has put up a good defense of Fonda but in so doing he is defending a political and cultural revolution that has much to answer for. We can start analyzing the problem by studying how a radical and often hateful anti war movement gave us Nixon and Cambodia. Even if you agree with what Fonda did there is amply evidence that it was counter productive and poorly thought out.
    Your assessment is dead center of the X Ring!
    Can't rep you yet, too soon.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    L oser

I ncessantly

B etraying

E veryone's

R ights

A nd

L iberties

That about sums her up.
    That got you some rep.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    By and an large my assessment of our the 60s generation is they were vacuously self indulgent. For some yet unexplained reason they wanted to strike a blow against their own over child indulgent parents. Fonda is a product of her times in many ways. She should have listen to the beatles "if you go around caring pictures of Chairman Mao you ain't' going to make it with anyone anyhow. Apparently they were often asked to donate to various movements "if you want money for minds that hate all I can tell you brother is you have wait".

Jack has put up a good defense of Fonda but in so doing he is defending a political and cultural revolution that has much to answer for. We can start analyzing the problem by studying how a radical and often hateful anti war movement gave us Nixon and Cambodia. Even if you agree with what Fonda did there is amply evidence that it was counter productive and poorly thought out.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    All that and a traitor as well. Plus stupid as all get-out.

Thought I would just remind everyone what she is once again.
    L oser

I ncessantly

B etraying

E veryone's

R ights

A nd

L iberties

That about sums her up.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Oh no she's not. She's the sort of dyed in the wool Progressive Leftist celebrity the Obama's embrace totally. Look at the people she's on "tour" with. They are as far to the Left as you can get.
    All that and a traitor as well. Plus stupid as all get-out.

Thought I would just remind everyone what she is once again.

Leave a comment:

• Handsome Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And your overwhelming modesty is apparent to us all...baby.
    Thanks, kiddo.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Seriously? She's a hard core conservative compared to the Obama's brand of flaming liberalism, and she's white.
    Oh no she's not. She's the sort of dyed in the wool Progressive Leftist celebrity the Obama's embrace totally. Look at the people she's on "tour" with. They are as far to the Left as you can get.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

2. She has access to people that matter. What if she were at the White House at a small dinner with the Obama's? Her opinions might influence their opinions.
    Seriously? She's a hard core conservative compared to the Obama's brand of flaming liberalism, and she's white.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    I'm Handsome Jack, baby. No bandit nor disagreement pulls me down.
    And your overwhelming modesty is apparent to us all...baby.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Sure Charton Heston did a gr8 job for the NRA. But coming out as a conservative in hollyweird is usually the kiss of death. Same with the UC system, they will destroy you with malice and venom...

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied

They matter for two reasons:

1. He celebrity status means she has appeared in the public eye and the things she chooses to say, do, and act in, can have influence on people in general. For example, she was in the movie "The China Syndrome."
    Never mind that it was a total fiction and had no engineering or scientific basis, it influenced those who had no knowledge of nuclear power in an negative way.

2. She has access to people that matter. What if she were at the White House at a small dinner with the Obama's? Her opinions might influence their opinions.
    Good points but isn't the only counter to that other celebrities?

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    I think it is clear that Fonda is not a stable individual and discussing her as if she was is pointless. She is a poster child for act now and excuse my poor understanding of the consequences later.
    That's the Left in general. They never take responsibility for the fd up ideas they foist on society. They just walk away from the wreckage looking for another "good deed" to do.

That's the Fonda thing: "I didn't mean any harm by going to N. Vietnam. I just wanted to empathize with America's enemies. It thought if we all sang Kumbayah, ate some Smores around a campfire we could settle our differences."

She gets a lot of attention because of the status that comes with celebrity which she partially inherited. It is also true that she has lived a life where she has not been as accountable as people with less means may be. Some people resent this is the same way they resent O.J. Simpson's popularity but the accountability of the rich and famous is another discussion.

What we should be discussing is not the views of a fairly irrelevant individual but why society equates celebrity with political relevancy. Why does Jane Fonda or her views matter?
    They matter for two reasons:

1. He celebrity status means she has appeared in the public eye and the things she chooses to say, do, and act in, can have influence on people in general. For example, she was in the movie "The China Syndrome."
    Never mind that it was a total fiction and had no engineering or scientific basis, it influenced those who had no knowledge of nuclear power in an negative way.

Leave a comment:

• Handsome Jack
    replied
    To quote an old saying, it appears that you do not know 'Jack'.

Jack appears to feel victimized by the somewhat cool reception he has gotten for some of his views.
    I'm Handsome Jack, baby. No bandit nor disagreement pulls me down.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I think it is clear that Fonda is not a stable individual and discussing her as if she was is pointless. She is a poster child for act now and excuse my poor understanding of the consequences later.

She gets a lot of attention because of the status that comes with celebrity which she partially inherited. It is also true that she has lived a life where she has not been as accountable as people with less means may be. Some people resent this is the same way they resent O.J. Simpson's popularity but the accountability of the rich and famous is another discussion.

What we should be discussing is not the views of a fairly irrelevant individual but why society equates celebrity with political relevancy. Why does Jane Fonda or her views matter?
    Because the media plasters them everywhere as if their vapid views do matter, which creates a great deal of resentment among a population sick and tired of the "celebrity syndrome".

That's my guess.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Did I say that your a neo? I don't think I've made one personal comment about you one way or the other.

That's twice you've claimed I've called you something. Have we a prior relationship here?
    To quote an old saying, it appears that you do not know 'Jack'.

Jack appears to feel victimized by the somewhat cool reception he has gotten for some of his views.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X