Jane Fonda still uttering drivel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    Nature will in due course eradicate us it's a question of the timing and how much fun we have getting there
    Live fast, die young and have a good looking corpse. Getting old isn't any fun anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Seems Hanoi Jane is upset Obama has allowed arctic oil exploration...
      Don't want to sound a spoil-sport, but Jane Fonda still uttering drivel is hardly news.... Seems a tad like the British Vanessa Redgrave; great actress, looney left-wing politics.
      Per Ardua ad Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Lāčplēsis View Post
        Don't want to sound a spoil-sport, but Jane Fonda still uttering drivel is hardly news.... Seems a tad like the British Vanessa Redgrave; great actress, looney left-wing politics.
        Jane Fonda is no Redgrave. And 'looney' doesn't cover it for Fonda. Treason does, though...

Sincerely,
        M
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Hey John, I can see ...

... Mats, my young lad the Civil Engineering student, working in Resolute, on Cornwallis Is., Nunavut (7441′51″N 09449′56″W) as an Engineer/Surveyor for the summer. Population? 229 - Saaalute!

Er, I don't see Jane Fonda there though???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resolute,_Nunavut

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Since he became President. Not all of it, no body said that, you just read something into it.
          "I am Groot"
          - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            Jane Fonda is no Redgrave. And 'looney' doesn't cover it for Fonda. Treason does, though...

Sincerely,
            M
            Not really a traitor. Supportive of the NVA, maybe, but hardly a traitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome Jack View Post

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Supportive of the NVA, maybe...
                Yes, that's what was said, traitor. And no maybe about it.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                  Yes, that's what was said, traitor. And no maybe about it.
                  I consider treason to be any active form of providing combative or espionage aid to a wartime enemy done with the explicit intention of aiding that enemy. Voicing support or favoritism for a wartime enemy is not treason.

Comment

Well, we can toss John Kerry into that. He with others, in clear violation of US law, went to Paris to meet with North Vietnamese diplomats and map out a strategy to end the war in North Vietnam's favor as part of his activities in the VVAW.

Or, his testimony in front of Congress when he lied about the activities of US soldiers in that war and stated clearly that a good number, if not majority (including himself) were guilty of war crimes.

Comment

I consider treason to be any active form of providing combative or espionage aid to a wartime enemy done with the explicit intention of aiding that enemy. Voicing support or favoritism for a wartime enemy is not treason.
                      Voicing that support while wearing the enemy uniform, sitting in the the gunner's seat of an enemy AAA battery in the enemy's capital city isn't treasonous or traitorous?

Then... you probably don't think that sabotaging our nation's energy infrastructure is treasonous or traitorous either.

Last edited by The Doctor; 05 Jul 15, 20:17.
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                        Voicing support while wearing the enemy uniform, sitting in the the gunner's seat of an enemy AAA battery in the enemy's capital city isn't treasonous or traitorous?
                        Didn't she say she was tricked into sitting there? According to her the NVA photographers got propaganda shots from it that she was unaware they were going to take. Plus, it's just a helmet. I don't think a helmet is a full combat uniform... Even then it's not like she used the AA gun. It's still not treasonous. Maybe insulting to soldiers at the time but definitely not treason, especially considering it wasn't something intentional.

Then... you probably don't think that sabotaging our nation's energy infrastructure is treasonous or traitorous either.
                        Well, my problem here is I think we need to be more careful with the Arctic. Obama just telling Shell to go ahead and do whatever they want in the American sector of the Arctic is incredibly irresponsible, and it's a big cop out to the corrupt oil industries. We need natural resources sure, but do we need to gouge out a pristine and beautiful area relentlessly to get it? I like to think that natural beauty and preservation is more important than a quick and dirty profit for some of the most corrupt companies on Earth.

Comment

Didn't she say she was tricked into sitting there? According to her the NVA photographers got propaganda shots from it that she was unaware they were going to take. Plus, it's just a helmet. I don't think a helmet is a full combat uniform... Even then it's not like she used the AA gun. It's still not treasonous. Maybe insulting to soldiers at the time but definitely not treason, especially considering it wasn't something intentional.
                          She shouldn't have been there at all.

Well, my problem here is I think we need to be more careful with the Arctic. Obama just telling Shell to go ahead and do whatever they want in the American sector of the Arctic is incredibly irresponsible, and it's a big cop out to the corrupt oil industries. We need natural resources sure, but do we need to gouge out a pristine and beautiful area relentlessly to get it? I like to think that natural beauty and preservation is more important than a quick and dirty profit for some of the most corrupt companies on Earth.
                          No we don't. The issue has been studied to death. Obama's EPA has delayed Shell's exploratory ship for this repeatedly by slow playing permit issuing.
                          The administration doesn't have a legal or scientific reason to stop arctic oil exploration or drilling. Instead, they are now just openly opposed because they, being scientific illiterates (of which Obama is one), are siding with their friends in Leftist environmental groups on the basis of nothing more than personal feelings and desires.

Preserving something simply because you think it is "beautiful" even though 99.9% of humanity will never see and can be seen in tens or hundreds of thousands of other acres of similar terrain is hardly justification for not exploiting resources.

In Arizona, the same environmental groups (among others) are making a similar argument to stop a copper mine. This despite the FACTS that there is a copper mine adjoining the land the new one is one, despite the company wanting to open it giving up more and much more environmentally sensitive land in the San Pedro River valley in exchange, and that the land itself is little more than camp grounds for day hikers as is.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            She shouldn't have been there at all.
                            It's her business. If anything it did help disprove the myth that the NVA were all violent savages who murdered foreigners on sight. I'm not a big fan of demonizing wartime enemies no matter who they are.

No we don't. The issue has been studied to death. Obama's EPA has delayed Shell's exploratory ship for this repeatedly by slow playing permit issuing.
                            The administration doesn't have a legal or scientific reason to stop arctic oil exploration or drilling. Instead, they are now just openly opposed because they, being scientific illiterates (of which Obama is one), are siding with their friends in Leftist environmental groups on the basis of nothing more than personal feelings and desires.
                            So you don't believe that the Arctic's beauty and stability should be preserved? You really think we should gouge it with no restriction and no caution and no attempt to preserve any wild areas left? I guess you'd agree with my sarcasm of napalming the Antarctic, leveling the Himalayas, and slashing the Amazon, then. I'm more of an environmentally-favoring person. I don't think we need Lefty restrictions on it, but I do think we need to have concern for it and not just mad-dash for profits. Look at China. They're filthy rich and getting rich thanks to their coal industry, but they're butchering the environment and won't have much coal for much longer at the rate they use it. I like to think that there are wild, beautiful, and/or uninhabited places left on Earth and I want it to stay that way.

Comment

Yes Traitor!
                              I have said this before on this forum:
                              When I left the Army I vowed never to stand in line again, however if she precedes me in death I would seek out her burial place and gladly stand in line for my turn to **** on her grave, sorry, it's a Vietnam Veterans thing!
                              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                                Yes Traitor!
                                I have said this before on this forum:
                                When I left the Army I vowed never to stand in line again, however if she precedes me in death I would seek out her burial place and gladly stand in line for my turn to **** on her grave, sorry, it's a Vietnam Veterans thing!
                                You got every right to be angry at her too, and pissing on her grave? Also your right. At the same time she had a right to be there and do as she did. You can express your convictions, she an convince hers. That's my whole philosophy in life taken after good Voltaire himself. Nobody should tell another what they can and can't say. I understand why Vietnam vets would be more personal about the issue than others though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X