Woman Asks Pro-Life Movement to Donate $1 Million to Prevent Her Abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Asks Pro-Life Movement to Donate $1 Million to Prevent Her Abortion

Pro-life and pro-choice advocates today both criticized a website recently launched by a woman who says that she is seven weeks pregnant and is demanding $1 million from pro-life supporters in exchange for not having an abortion.

The website, prolifeantiwoman.com, asks in large print, "How much would you pay to stop an abortion?"

"I have every intention of having an abortion," the woman writes anonymously in an essay posted to the site, "but I'm giving you a chance to stop it."

Beginning on July 7, the woman will give pro-life advocates 72 hours to make donations. If they reach $1 million, she says that she will deliver the baby, give it up for adoption, and put all of the money in a trust fund for her child. If that amount is not raised, she will return the donations and go through with an abortion that she has already scheduled for July 10.
    VICE News - Full Article

How much does it cost to raise a child in the United States? Last I heard, it wasn't no million dollars...

This is simply blackmail and I am a bit uneasy with this. Not everything should have a dollar value attached to it. I do however understand her hostility towards recent Republican actions to limit Abortion. This is just the wrong way to protest those laws.
    ´
    “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post

Is it Bristol Palin?

You could run this up to the Pope...but he ain't paying.

#occupyarmchairgeneral.
      Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
      Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
        This is simply blackmail and I am a bit uneasy with this. Not everything should have a dollar value attached to it. I do however understand her hostility towards recent Republican actions to limit Abortion. This is just the wrong way to protest those laws.
        I too can understand the point she's trying to make.

However, what she is doing is demanding a ransom for what could become a human life.

Abortion is not something that should be treated so flippantly and used as a political tool just to create a "gotcha!" moment for her own personal satisfaction. It should not be easy or routine or something you crowd source.

Comment

However, what she is doing is demanding a ransom for what could become a human life.

Abortion is not something that should be treated so flippantly and used as a political tool just to create a "gotcha!" moment for her own personal satisfaction. It should not be easy or routine or something you crowd source.
          Well, it's sort of the same as asking a class full of freshmen college students what a human life is worth. You get all these "It's priceless," "You can't put a price on it..." sort of replies.

Pass out those "Save a starving child for $12 a month" cards and tell the class to fill them out. Watch how quick you can put a price on a human life and it ain't much.

This lady is doing nothing but a classic case of the False Dilemma. You know the classic "Do you still beat your wife?"
          Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 02 Jul 15, 00:06.

Comment

What could become a human life?

What else but a human life could the baby become?
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
              What could become a human life?

What else but a human life could the baby become?
              I think he means it could become a human life if she doesn't kill it.
              "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

She may be committing a crime of extortion not sure.
                We hunt the hunters

Comment

I think we need to raise the age for aborting a child to 324 months........
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                    Is it Bristol Palin?
                    Sounds more like this idiot:

Attached Files
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post

This could be an interesting test case, if these actions are illegal in some way.
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I think she is just asking pro lifers to put there money where there mouth is.
                        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised if she conceived solely for the purpose of this stunt.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

It's unsavory to say the least, and the woman obviously has no respect for either her baby's life or for the views of other people. Some things that people come up with may not have a specific law against them, but in my opinion she should be ignored by everybody, including the 'anti-lifers' who might otherwise cheer on her agenda. There is such thing as human decency and social conscience, or at least there should be, and she's crossed the line and she should be mercilessly ridiculed by all parties.

If she got any donations at all for this we would certainly see other women doing the same and it could even lead to women getting pregnant on purpose just to make a few bucks before they get their abortions.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                              Nonsense.

She has already demonstrated what value her own child has for her: nothing save an opportunity for money/fame.

Her absence of morality or human value places no obligations upon others.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X