Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas AG has a lot more to worry about than gay marriage

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/polit...case/29593211/

He faces state felony securities charges with a special prosecutor presenting the case to a county grand jury soon. The case started out with Texas Rangers investigating a lessor felony and then went an entirely different direction when they under covered possible fraud of over $100k.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post

He faces state felony securities charges with a special prosecutor presenting the case to a county grand jury soon. The case started out with Texas Rangers investigating a lessor felony and then went an entirely different direction when they under covered possible fraud of over $100k.
    That's what makes this country great capitalism If the Marxists take over I'm blaming the conservatives.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Shades of Ronnie Earle..

Kent Schaffer Contributions
      The Travis County District Attorney's public integrity unit concluded in 2014 that it lacked jurisdiction. That office referred the case to the Dallas County and Collin County district attorney's offices.

Dallas County District Attorney Susan Hawk declined to pursue the case.

That left the ball in the court of Collin County District Attorney Greg Willis. He, in turn, called in the Texas Rangers to investigate.

In April, a judge granted Willis' request that his office be recused from the Paxton case. In a motion, Willis cited the need to "avoid any potential appearance of impropriety arising from his business and personal relationship with Ken Paxton."

The judge appointed two Houston criminal attorneys, Brian Wice and Kent Schaffer, as special prosecutors in the case.

Neither Brian Wice, nor the Texas Rangers confirmed Schaffer's claim.

My first guess is that Schaffer wants to be the new Ronnie Earle.
      Last edited by The Doctor; 01 Jul 15, 22:24.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Let him stay a while in Huntsville. The General Population would all like to meet him in the yard or in the showers!

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post

\

Really? how shocking!

The guy swore an oath to uphold the US Constitution and then tells people without a law degree to violate it.

Doc was parading him around on his shoulders.

...the rest of us saw this coming....
          #occupyarmchairgeneral.
          Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
          Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
            \

Really? how shocking!

The guy swore an oath to uphold the US Constitution and then tells people without a law degree to violate it.

Doc was parading him around on his shoulders.

...the rest of us saw this coming....
            Unlike 5 SCOTUS justices, he is upholding the US and Texas constitutions.

This case appears to be a textbook Ronnie Earle persecution...
            Kent Schaffer, a Houston defense attorney, said a Texas Rangers investigation of Paxton revealed that the attorney general broke laws beyond what he admitted last year, when he was fined $1,000 by the State Securities Board.

“That’s what we intend to present to the grand jury,” said Schaffer, when asked whether Paxton committed a first-degree felony. “We have a sufficient amount of evidence. Whether it leads to a criminal indictment or not is up to the grand jury.”

[...]

Last month, when The Dallas Morning News asked a Paxton spokesman about the prospect of the attorney general being indicted, he was unmoved, saying “at least three entities have thoroughly reviewed these matters and each chose not to proceed.”

“We will continue defending the rule of law and remain focused on protecting Texans against Washington’s overreach.”

Two new grand juries have been seated in Collin County and will meet next week, one on Tuesday and the other on Thursday. Schaffer said he has at least six witnesses who will testify and present evidence. He said he would present his evidence in three weeks but had not decided which grand jury would hear the case.

[...]

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...ken-paxton.ece

There are two "special prosecutors." The Democrat activist is the one stating that the Rangers turned up evidence of a First Degree Felony. The Republican "declined to comment on Wednesday."

On top of all that, the statute of limitations for this appears to have expired on June 14.

Venue shopping, grand jury shopping and ignoring little things like statutes of limitations... Shades of Ronnie Earle... With two major differences:
            1. Brian Wice, the Republican "special prosecutor" in this case represented Tom Delay in his successful appeal of Ronnie Earle's final persecution.
            2. Collin County is not the Peoples Republic of Travis County.

That said, a competent prosecutor can get a grand jury to "indict a ham sandwiich," if he is sufficiently motivated.
            Last edited by The Doctor; 02 Jul 15, 06:36.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              Unlike 5 SCOTUS justices, he is upholding the US and Texas constitutions.

This case appears to be a textbook Ronnie Earle persecution...
              IN THE NAME AND BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE STATE OF TEXAS,
              I ,_____,, do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God.

He has failed himself, his State, and his country...

He should man up and resign.
              #occupyarmchairgeneral.
              Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
              Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

I ,_____,, do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God.

He probably will, unlike the many Democrats caught in similar criminal acts while in office who fought their charges to the bitter end only to get extra prison time for being unrepentant.

Comment

A republican AG suspected of filling his pockets : horresco referens . That's the end of the world :that would never happen in Illinois
                  And of course, that is invalidating the arguments of those opposing the legalisation of same sex marriage .

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    Let him stay a while in Huntsville. The General Population would all like to meet him in the yard or in the showers!

Pruitt
                    Maybe he would meet the former democratic governor of Illinois ?

Comment

Maybe they can both get jobs in the laundry?

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

He upheld and defended "the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X