Polygamy Is Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    You don't have to go that far: marriage is a choice. Consensual sodomy laws were struck down twenty years ago, so the mere act of sharing an intimate relationship is not at issue here. One may be compelled by biology to be intimate, but no one is compelled to marry.
    The wackjob Apostle Paul said we are compelled to marry because we can't control our lust.

Not sure how he arrived at lust being a bad thing? I suspect he was in love with his sister. That's probably what God really spoke to him about while he was riding an arse....er...donkey.
    #occupyarmchairgeneral.
    Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
      The wackjob Apostle Paul said we are compelled to marry because we can't control our lust.
      Then you should time-travel him to 21st century US, where 40% of births are to parents who are not married.

Marriage ain't no form of lust-control around here. Indeed, the way things are shaping up, most people of low to moderate means will likely forgo marriage altogether. The straightjacket of 1950s mass conformity is now behind us. Isn't that what the Sexual Revolution was really all about, the destruction of conventional mores?

Not sure how he arrived at lust being a bad thing?
      If you've ever been tempted to poke one of these

then one must consider lust . . . . maybe not so good.

I suspect he was in love with his sister. That's probably what God really spoke to him about while he was riding an arse....er...donkey.
      I don't recall Paul detailing his relationship with his sister or his ass, but I've long thought him one of those historical figures who were at the same time both powerful and a little weird. Put it this way: cherry-picking Paul's writings is not only advisable, it might be imperative, as well.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X