Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3,000 Pages of Hillary Clinton's Emails Were Just Released Many Heavily Redacted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3,000 Pages of Hillary Clinton's Emails Were Just Released Many Heavily Redacted

At 9pm ET Tuesday evening, the State Department released about 3,000 pages of Hillary Clinton's emails, which cover much of 2009, her first year as Secretary of State.

The emails refer to a wide-range of topics and hot-button issues Clinton, currently the Democratic presidential frontrunner, confronted that year, including Afghanistan, Iran, and the detention center at Guantanamo Bay. Despite the fact that Clinton said she wanted "all of her emails" released "as soon as possible," the State Department redacted her emails and applied numerous exemptions under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) justifying the withholding of certain information.

The State Department redacted large swaths of information in the emails, often citing a privacy exemption and an exemption that protects the so-called "deliberative process." The emails also contained redactions in which the State Department withheld information citing a national security exemption, which calls into question Clinton's assertion that she did not send classified information over her private email server.
    VICE News - Full Article

And the news this AM revealed that Obama knew all about Hilary's private e-mail accounts and activities.

So everybody in Washington, District of Corruption is a liar. What else is new?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I have never had any doubt that her emails contained classified information...I can't see how you could be Secretary of State and never communicate any classified information except in person or by secure phone. She didn't have a government email account, therefore all her work emails were sent and received through her personal account, and her work involved a lot of classified information. She felt that she was above the law and didn't feel compelled to comply with government rules, including the rules that apply to classified information that any government worker with a clearance knows. I hope this is an issue that keeps coming up because I think it shows her general attitude toward what's legal and correct, which is a matter of character.

Comment

More clear indications that Hillary likely broke a whole raft of federal laws as Secretary of State and not one serious call for her indictment and a criminal investigation of her activities.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          More clear indications that Hillary likely broke a whole raft of federal laws as Secretary of State and not one serious call for her indictment and a criminal investigation of her activities.
          It's the old Mutually Assured Destruction thing - bring down Hilary and Obama goes too, so no action will be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
            I have never had any doubt that her emails contained classified information...I can't see how you could be Secretary of State and never communicate any classified information except in person or by secure phone. She didn't have a government email account, therefore all her work emails were sent and received through her personal account, and her work involved a lot of classified information. She felt that she was above the law and didn't feel compelled to comply with government rules, including the rules that apply to classified information that any government worker with a clearance knows. I hope this is an issue that keeps coming up because I think it shows her general attitude toward what's legal and correct, which is a matter of character.
            Don't you know - laws are for little people.
            Don't leave good whiskey for the damn Yankees!" John Hunt Morgan, Eagleport, Ohio, July 23, 1863

Comment

Originally posted by guthrieba View Post
              Being one of those "little" people. I did notice.

Comment

And a big N/A when it comes to the Clintons, I have known that for well over ten years now.
                Can't rep you again, too soon.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  It's the old Mutually Assured Destruction thing - bring down Hilary and Obama goes too, so no action will be taken.
                  Well, in one way it already should have slammed Obama. Since I'm sure some of Hillary's e-mails went to Obama and he sent her some, both parties would be aware they were using a non-government website / e-mail address to send them and receive them.

Seems to me Obama didn't exercise any control over his own immediate staff and that too is cause for investigation.

Comment

There never were any emails. Do not ask questions or you will be reported.

Comment

I don't get why she's the only target of these massive e-mail leaks. I'm sure everyone's corrupt in the type of place she works in, it's a little harsh to single her out.

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome Jack View Post
                        I don't get why she's the only target of these massive e-mail leaks. I'm sure everyone's corrupt in the type of place she works in, it's a little harsh to single her out.
                        Maybe - but she wants to become the nominee and then President by acclamation - some people feel that's not how the system should work

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome Jack View Post
                          Because, she's the tip of a very large iceberg within the Obama administration. Lois Lerner? Obama's cabinet did the same sort of thing from the EPA to Justice, to HUD and beyond.

If the Bush administration had handled e-mail like the Obama administration the whole bunch would be swinging from street lights. But, with the Progressive Left, the media gives them a pass, they in their narcissism give themselves a pass, and their supporters just brush it off as "they meant well..."

Hillary is singled out because she as in an important cabinet post and now wants to be President. The question on the table is "How can we the people trust her with leading the nation if she does everything in secret, illegally, or with a high degree of questionable activity?"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X