X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Old buildings, unoccupied for days at a time, often built by unofficial groups and not meeting any code standards. Rural churches, meeting halls, and volunteer fire departments burn down in numbers every summer.

Slow news day, I guess. Or they just felt that reporting that water was still wet and gravity still works was best saved for VICE.
    Or, most likely, hoping to keep fanning the flames of racism in America.

The volunteer fire dept's burning down is one of those rural oddities that always gives me a good laugh. Our VFD is in a building constructed in 1898 and still serving the same purpose...with what look like some of the original volunteers!

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So a church burned down, and this is news...why?

It's not arson, so it isn't racism and it isn't connected to racism...so
    ?
    Three possible cases of arson alongside some accidental fires amongst black churches in the past week or so.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Old buildings, unoccupied for days at a time, often built by unofficial groups and not meeting any code standards. Rural churches, meeting halls, and volunteer fire departments burn down in numbers every summer.

Slow news day, I guess. Or they just felt that reporting that water was still wet and gravity still works was best saved for VICE.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    So a church burned down, and this is news...why?

It's not arson, so it isn't racism and it isn't connected to racism...so
    ?

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Damned racist lightning!!!

Leave a comment:

• US black church rebuilt after arson is destroyed in fire

An African-American church once targeted by the Ku Klux Klan has been destroyed in a fire again, the latest in a series of blazes at black churches across the US south.

Authorities are still trying to determine the cause of the fire in Greeleyville, South Carolina, but early findings suggest it was not arson.

The FBI is investigating several fires at black churches in recent days.

At least three of those blazes were intentionally set, officials say.
    BBC - Full Article

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
    Prawn heads
    by Karri
    How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
    Yesterday, 11:40
  • Jose50
    Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
    by Jose50
    Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
    Yesterday, 08:41
  • Von Richter
    Sagittarius Rising...
    by Von Richter
    Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
    Yesterday, 01:19
Working...
X