X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireworks lobby to Obama: Enough with all the rules

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story...000122?hp=r4_4

So far in Michigan,
    Homemade firework blows off Michigan boy's hand http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...l#incart_river

Or this idiot who removed himself from the human gene pool in front of his family last week. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...eath/29470091/

The toxic smoke, dangerous gunpowder that could be misused for unintended purposes, bad fuzes, improper handling of lit fireworks, thousands of fires started by ignited fireworks, kids burned by white hot sparklers, pets scared out of their wits, loud noise causing flashback for PDSS veterans, do we always need to to be protected from ourselves?
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

"Fireworks manufacturers have been on something of a winning streak of late: Sales of both low-and high-grade celebratory explosives in the U.S. are projected to top $1 billion this year; more states than ever now allow consumers to buy sparklers, Roman candles and other do-it-yourself pyrotechnics. Obscure regulations are being scaled back to help light up the country's summertime skies."
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

whoopee...
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Man, I'm surprised I survived July, growing up. Zero adult supervision, potent explosives every day for a week...my Lord it was glorious.

Painful, yes, but glorious. What an absolute clueless moron the average pre-teen boy was...good times, good times.

I was in my 30s before the last powder 'tattooing' on my hands finally faded away.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          "Fireworks manufacturers have been on something of a winning streak of late: Sales of both low-and high-grade celebratory explosives in the U.S. are projected to top $1 billion this year; more states than ever now allow consumers to buy sparklers, Roman candles and other do-it-yourself pyrotechnics. Obscure regulations are being scaled back to help light up the country's summertime skies."
          Indeed, even though Progressives had a royal fit when the Class C stuff was made legal again in Michigan a couple of years ago. Areal display packs for $100 each, Blocks of screaming sky burst, and multiple sky launch areal bombs, are most popular.

The fly by night tents with their overpriced stuff are all set up and selling. Sams Club currently has the best deals selling for less then half of what those tents are selling for.

So far, haven't heard of any of them being busted for selling illegal in Michigan M-80s, etc... under the table.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Man, I'm surprised I survived July, growing up. Zero adult supervision, potent explosives every day for a week...my Lord it was glorious.

Painful, yes, but glorious. What an absolute clueless moron the average pre-teen boy was...good times, good times.

I was in my 30s before the last powder 'tattooing' on my hands finally faded away.
            A simple trip to the Drug store for a bottle of 'salt peter' and we were off and running, manufacturing our own crud black powder... man the fact that I have all my hands and fingers is amazing.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              A simple trip to the Drug store for a bottle of 'salt peter' and we were off and running, manufacturing our own crud black powder... man the fact that I have all my hands and fingers is amazing.

Oh man your not kidding. We played with home made potassium chlorate...

Fun, but not recommended due to safety issues...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Oh man your not kidding. We played with home made potassium chlorate...

Fun, but not recommended due to safety issues...
                One pound empty coffee can. Large nail hole in 'bottom'. Place package, in paper, of homemade powder in can so it is lined up with hole. File with dirt, pack lightly. Turn over, Insert firecracker fuse into hole and touch paper package of powder. Big boom.....

Dangerous as hell.....
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  One pound empty coffee can. Large nail hole in 'bottom'. Place package, in paper, of homemade powder in can so it is lined up with hole. File with dirt, pack lightly. Turn over, Insert firecracker fuse into hole and touch paper package of powder. Big boom.....

Dangerous as hell.....
                  *note to self* Stay away from CE when he has a coffee can in his hands...
                  Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
                    *note to self* Stay away from CE when he has a coffee can in his hands...
                    Oh, I graduated to 'big boy' stuff when I took up the Combat Engineer MOS...... even better than I thought it would be.
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

^ C4 is your friend.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Ammonium iodide, mercury fulminate, carbide cannons, potato and tennis ball guns... all sorts of fun stuff you used to be able to do to try and kill yourself.

These days I'm surprised they still sell chlorine bleach and ammonia cleaning products...

After all, for the safety nuts, you can never be too safe...

Comment

This year we have a new fireworks sale rule, fireworks booths will only sell to local residents. They are supposed to ask for ID. Not all are complying though.
                          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

The big money makers are the illegal fireworks from China.
                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                              The big money makers are the illegal fireworks from China.
                              Or Mexico... At least in this part of the country.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X