Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Obama the Most Consequential President in the last 50 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say that Ronnie was the most significant. the Salt Treaties, the Berlin wall, ect...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexpe...reagan-legacy/

And that's a PBS pov..
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Ronnie had next to nothing to do with the Wall coming down. He address the leader of the USSR who didn't build the Wall and it wasn't the USSR who tore it down.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Ronnie had next to nothing to do with the Wall coming down. He address the leader of the USSR who didn't build the Wall and it wasn't the USSR who tore it down.
        No, but without their permission it would not have come down at all.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

For those of us who grew up under the fear of nuclear war, which I did and still remember as a feeling of dread that colored pretty much all other things, the collapse of the USSR was one of the most significant events in memory. I was in the military during the late 70s and early 80s and it was definitely a whole different feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              No, but without their permission it would not have come down at all.
              And Ronnies speech effectedvthat??? How?
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

And Ronnies speech effectedvthat??? How?
                Please tell me you have actually read at least a little bit of history, especially the parts about Gorbachev and his desire to implement glasnost, which coincided with the political and economic fall of the Soviet Union and the decision to abandon the Wall, which coincided nicely with Reagan's speech and made Gorbachev look like the good guy. Any of this ring a bell?

If you don't like Reagan, fine. I was always a little leery about a guy who's wife was into astrology myself, so let's compromise and rewrite history - an earthquake in BFE, caused by harmonic sonic reverbrations that began with Reagan's speech when it was broadcast, caused the Wall to fall down all by itself. OK?
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                  Gentlemen; Forget it! One will NEVER provide enough substance to keep the Obama apologists from doing what they do best.... tell us what a great man he is/was.

If he had done what he promised in the Election lead-up.... But no, he did not. Then, wonder amongst wonders, he got reelected. (I still can't figure that one out.) I guess the Obama (...isn't it wonderful that a black man finally got to be President!) apologists just couldn't give it up!

At any rate, the Obama worshipers will never be changed from their "true path"..... it's really a bit like the rest of life. (I made my mind up YEARS ago and I will NOT change it.) No matter WHAT he does to trash the Nation, there will be those who will NEVER change their minds (?), or what passes for a mind.

Now we may have to suffer a bunch of "Isn't it wonderful that a woman finally got to be President?" adherents. (They NEVER learn!!)

Perhaps they might be better served by someone that might be good for the Country..... rather than someone who is simply "different". I don't even care what party.

GG
                  This ^^^

WHEN he was elected I was all for it. The first black President which seemed to fulfill much of what our history is about.

Sadly he has shown himself and his wife to be the first N word president. He is first and foremost the President of Black Americans and does his best to distance himself from the rest.

Colin Powell, why didn't you run.
                  HPJ and I have not agreed on much, but lately we are finding a middle ground. Happy to back you 100% on this one John.
                  Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X