Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is iappropriate for SCOTUS to be required to validate sensible progressive ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crash View Post
    Affirmed that people can get healthcare
    WRONG : Obamacare is not a right : it is an obligation which is infringing civil rights of the Americans .

It is the same for same sex marriage .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
      WRONG : Obamacare is not a right : it is an obligation which is infringing civil rights of the Americans .
      Couldn't have said it better, to me however, it amounts to extortion.
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

er

It is the same for same sex marriage .
        At this point in the debate only a conservative wackjob would claim Obamacare violates civil rights. Do you know the difference between a cat and a dog? Gosh darn...the Civil Rights Act itself forces businesses to sell to people they don't want to while the ACA forces business and individuals to buy insurance.

"Five years ago, after nearly a century of talk, decades of trying, a year of bipartisan debate, we finally declared that in America, health care is not a privilege for a few but a right for all," Obama

Through the Act, American's have the RIGHT to purchase Health insurance without pre-existing conditions being taken into account whether they are able to purchase it or how much they have to pay.

The US healthcare system was in a death spiral. Only people that were sick were purchasing health insurance...causing premiums to sky rocket...so even fewer people bought in until they were sick...causing premiums to shoot up even faster...causing even few people to buy until they were sick...leaving more sick people in the pool...causing Insurers to leave the market...causing even more people to not have insurance.

CEO ranked this as the #1 threat to US sovereignty...over terrorism, economics, anything. The Conservatives had ZERO answers to the problem...save one Mitt Romney...

Simple really...to get cheaper premium increases more healthy people have to be in the pool. To get more healthy people in the pool it has to be affordable for more people.

If you've got a better idea on how American's could resolve the problem then Obamacare...I'm all ears!!! Finally a Conservative that will put his neck on the line and propose the solution....I eagerly await to hack it off!!!
        #occupyarmchairgeneral.
        Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
        Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

the interpretation of the constitution by Scotus was not the same in 1954 as in 1896 .

An interpretation is politics : Scotus has not the right to make politics.
          And they have no right to legislate which in fact they are doing, only Congress has that right SCOTUS and the POTUS do not, no matter how they interpret the Constitution and they have done exactly that last week!
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            And they have no right to legislate which in fact they are doing, only Congress has that right SCOTUS and the POTUS do not, no matter how they interpret the Constitution and they have done exactly that last week!
            And in all likelihood they will have even more liberals added to the bench once Ginsburg retires or dies (either of which could happen at any time) so we have that to look forward to in the coming years.
            Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Arguments based on social conservatism or liberalism are not nearly as persuasive as those based on more rational positions. A historical pattern of conservatives forcing courts to exceed their constitutional mandate because of civil rights issues and of liberals facing restrictions on their agendas because their views are unconstitutional fairly well negates any chance of either agenda making a case that either are primarily concerned about lawful justice.

Making the case that equal access to health care a fundamental right automatically implies that society has the resources to do so. Whatever your political convictions may be focusing on the economic issues seems to me more likely to produce reasoned discourse.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X