My prediction on the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squidly View Post
    This could benefit military members more than anyone........ Understand that in the military being married gets you more pay, a housing allowance etc. that you don't get if you are single..... so any two military members of the same sex can now marry purely for this financial benefit, don't even have to live together, and divorce when they are no longer in the service (or whenever one of them meets someone else they'd rather marry).
    I suppose you can show evidence that this happens with straight people in the forces as well?
    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
    G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      Not even a remote chance. Please point me to where the GOP, which controls congress, has even proposed any such amendment, besides lone calls for it by individual Rep/Sen that then never produce such a bill.
      He said that the first method was unlikely. The second method cuts Congress and the entire Federal government out of the process.

Could this be enough to trigger and Article V convention? Maybe. It and the SCOBAMACARE rulings make it more likely.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        He said that the first method was unlikely. The second method cuts Congress and the entire Federal government out of the process.

Could this be enough to trigger and Article V convention? Maybe. It and the SCOBAMACARE rulings make it more likely.
        Nope, not even close. When it comes to Gay marriage the votes are for it and moving even further in that direction every year.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
          Once religious institutions, businesses, and individuals are forced to participate in and banned from criticizing Gay Marriages, your First Amendment rights will be gone for good.
          And once Obama reveals himself to be a Venusian lizard man and they finish conquering the world, we will all end up in meat-camps to serve their voracious appetite.

Comment

Meh.
            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
              I suppose you can show evidence that this happens with straight people in the forces as well?
              Sure, but prior to this the opportunities for it were fewer, since marriage required two people of opposite sex. Women still comprise a small minority of service members.

Comment

Sure, but prior to this the opportunities for it were fewer, since marriage required two people of opposite sex. Women still comprise a small minority of service members.
                So please do then. Can you show that this is happening with straight military personnel?
                "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                  So please do then. Can you show that this is happening with straight military personnel?
                  When I was in USN I only personally knew of one "couple" that did this.... no I cannot produce their marriage license for you...... I'm not suggesting anything about the rightness/wrongness of this practice one way or the other, just stating that the opportunity exists for whoever wants it.

Comment

When I was in USN I only personally knew of one "couple" that did this.... no I cannot produce their marriage license for you...... I'm not suggesting anything about the rightness/wrongness of this practice one way or the other, just stating that the opportunity exists for whoever wants it.
                    The reason people question you on this is that many times the argument that straight men and women will suddenly "abuse" gay marriage was used against allowing gay marriage without any evidence provided.

Comment

Just another nail in the coffin. This SCOTUS is running wild on the Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        Just another nail in the coffin. This SCOTUS is running wild on the Constitution.

Comment

Military members have been able to get a same sex marriage and the military benefits that go with it for a couple years. Since the ruling on DOMA in the SCOTUS and DoD's implementation of it. This ruling changes nothing concerning that.
                          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          And why the sea is boiling hot—
                          And whether pigs have wings.”
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                            It's moral insanity.

Mark this day- June 26, 2015

as the beginning of the end.

A very sad day.
                            This is beyond funny.
                            First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                              The Miracle Amendment strikes again...
                              The Fourteenth Amendment requires a State to license a marriage between two people of the same sex and to recognize a marriage between two people of the same sex when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out-of-State...
                              Why doesn't the Miracle Amendment requires a State to license a marriage between any number of people of whatever sex and to recognize a marriage between whatever permutations when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out-of-State?

The ruling lacks any form of logic and elevates the Miracle Amendment to new heights of absurdity... SOP for most of the past 40 years.

I came here specifically to witness the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

I have not been disappointed.
                              #occupyarmchairgeneral.
                              Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
                              Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

I am glad that the court ruled this way. A minority has been oppressed for far too long and now they will finally be able to ahow their love for each other in public. My best friend and his significant other looked into getting married, but it was still illegal in our state. The two had been dating for over a year and I've seen the love they have for each other. It brings me joy that they can finally tie the knot together. No longer will religious conservatives get to define marriage for everyone else. It is a time for celebration and joy everyone. I hope all of you have a magnificent day!
                                First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X