X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
    You seem a bit off your game today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity

Christian Identity is a branch of Christianity which believes Jesus and the Israelites were white.
    You can wiki all that you want, racism is still not a religion. Crack open a dictionary.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

A person's religious rights and beliefs do not give them a license to discriminate or let them violate the law.

We don't allow Muslims to ban alcohol, force us to fast during Ramadan, and numerous other things they believe. So why are people to be forced to follow someone else's religious beliefs? That's a violation of my first amendment as well.
      Nobody was forcing anyone to follow someone else's religious beliefs.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
        You can wiki all that you want, racism is still not a religion. Crack open a dictionary.
        Click on the link I gave you and correct your ignorance?

I quite clearly stated some religions make racism part of their religious beliefs. Such as the Christian Identity Christians.
        First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

• Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          Nobody was forcing anyone to follow someone else's religious beliefs.
          That's not true at all. My version of marriage according to my religious views is not one man and one woman. Are they not trying to take away my rights by making it so?

Comment

That's not true at all. My version of marriage according to my religious views is not one man and one woman. Are they not trying to take away my rights by making it so?
            They are not forcing you to do anything.

And they couldn't take away something that didn't exist prior to last Friday.

Laws against polygamy don't force Muslims to become Christians; nor do they take anything away from Muslims or other religions which accept polygamy.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

They are not forcing you to do anything.

And they couldn't take away something that didn't exist prior to last Friday.

Laws against polygamy don't force Muslims to become Christians; nor do they take anything away from Muslims or other religions which accept polygamy.
              So only Christian views on marriage matter? Otherwise, my religious views would be covered by the 1st amendment as well?

Comment

Click on the link I gave you and correct your ignorance?
                It's wiki, again, open up a book and look up the definition of racism

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                I quite clearly stated some religions make racism part of their religious beliefs. Such as the Christian Identity Christians.
                Actually....no, I gave a point of order that racism is not a religion, you replied:

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                Yes it is.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

So only Christian views on marriage matter? Otherwise, my religious views would be covered by the 1st amendment as well?
                  Your views are covered.

Comment

Your views are covered.
                    So why are Christian beliefs important than mine? My "religion" is fine with gay marriage. Why does a religion who is offended by it get special treatment in your book? Why is their religion more important?

Comment

• Yes it is. You don't know the people who preach Jesus was white and how he said whites were better than any other race? Racism itself isn't a religion but many incorporate racist views into their religion.
                      Come now Nichols. Shouldn't you understand that you have to read whole posts? Just reading the first sentence seems lazy to me.

Comment

So why are Christian beliefs important than mine? My "religion" is fine with gay marriage. Why does a religion who is offended by it get special treatment in your book? Why is their religion more important?
                        They aren't "more important."

Heterosexual, monogamous marriage has been the cultural and biological norm in western society for many centuries.

Most religions in the US just happen to recognize recognize marriage in the same manner.

Laws are derived from cultural norms; not cultural outliers. Marriage laws were based on the cultural norms of the 50 States.

Courts settle conflicts of rights.

In this case, SCOTUS tossed out the cultural and biological bases of marriage and subordinated the enumerated rights of the vast majority of Americans to the non-enumerated tights of a tiny minority because 5 justices believed that one specific sexual deviancy should be treated as the norm.

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                          If government begins to intrude into the private sphere by regulating or controlling religion,government is no longer democratic but dictatorial .

And it has already started : see the threats to the cake baker and the flower seller.
                          That's not an attack on religion.

Comment

Come now Nichols. Shouldn't you understand that you have to read whole posts? Just reading the first sentence seems lazy to me.
                            Reading is fundamental.....

You clearly stated that racism is a religion.

Your bigotry towards religion is really showing today.

Comment

They aren't "more important."

Heterosexual, monogamous marriage has been the cultural and biological norm in western society for many centuries.

Most religions in the US just happen to recognize recognize marriage in the same manner.

Laws are derived from cultural norms; not cultural outliers. Marriage laws were based on the cultural norms of the 50 States.

Courts settle conflicts of rights.

In this case, SCOTUS tossed out the cultural and biological bases of marriage and subordinated the enumerated rights of the vast majority of Americans to the non-enumerated tights of a tiny minority because 5 justices believed that one specific sexual deviancy should be treated as the norm.
                              You failed to address my question again.

Why do Christians get a free pass for their religion? Either they have the same first amendment rights as I do or not. Why do their religious views carry more weight than mine or a homosexual person's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                                Reading is fundamental.....

You clearly stated that racism is a religion.

Your bigotry towards religion is really showing today.
                                I suggest you reread my post again. The third time is really a charm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X