Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    14th Amendment Due Process Clause
    See the post you quoted. Just because you think it applies does not mean it does, proof will be when no such cases are filed. The gun lobby lawyers are no stupid.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      I'd say feds.

The states were small peanuts compared to the feds.
      What about 74 years of Jim Crow and Lynching?

Hell, several Southern states seceded to preserve the 'state right' of slavery.

The Feds were small peanuts compared to the States.
      ´
      “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

I'd say feds.

Trail of tears. Forcibly moving thousands of Cherokee to Oklahoma.
        Internment of Japanese citizens.
        The many violations of treaties and such in the Indian wars.
        Segregation in the military

The states were small peanuts compared to the feds.
        None of those come close to the Jim Crow laws but into effect in the late 1890's that lasted until the 1960's. Effected millions of people everyday. Day in and day out. On, we have the whole human slavery thing also.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          None of those come close to the Jim Crow laws but into effect in the late 1890's that lasted until the 1960's. Effected millions of people everyday. Day in and day out. On, we have the whole human slavery thing also.
          And, who was allowing all that to remain in affect? The feds. The feds also put laws in place to return runaway slaves, and regulate that whole trade.

Segregation in the US by state pales in comparison to the forced uprooting of people and forced relocation.
          How many Cherokee died on the Trail of Tears?

Segregation may not have been fair, nor was it nice, but it wasn't destroying lives and killing people on a near daily basis either.

Comment

And, who was allowing all that to remain in affect? The feds. The feds also put laws in place to return runaway slaves, and regulate that whole trade.

Segregation in the US by state pales in comparison to the forced uprooting of people and forced relocation.

Segregation may not have been fair, nor was it nice, but it wasn't destroying lives and killing people on a near daily basis either.
            MILLIONS every day for 70 plus years for Jim Crow alone. No the feds are not to blame for state laws and actions. You hit the bottom now, blaming the feds for Jim Crow and slavery.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Around 2,000 to 6,000. In comparison 3,445 Blacks were lynched between 1882 - 1968.

God knows how many Blacks died under slavery.
              ´
              “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
                Around 2,000 to 6,000. In comparison [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]3,445[/COLOR] Blacks were lynched between 1882 - 1968.
                So, you are trying to tell me that 2,000 to 6,000 deaths in a matter of a year or less are the equivalent of 3,445 murders (as that is essentially what lynching's are) over a period of 86 years (that averages out at 40 a year)?
                I also doubt that state or federal governments sanctioned or participated in that sort of thing. The trail of tears was carried out by the US Army on orders from the President. I don't see the equivalence here.

Oh, let's add the feds and early worker's strikes like coal miners or the general strike started against the Pullman Corporation. The Army was sent in and used machine guns in some of those.

Comment

You're kidding, right? Internment Camps, where the Native American and Japanese Americans were rounded up and sent to, are no different than the FEMA camps you claim would never happen in the future?

When do you and the Progressives plan to call for an end to slavery in Islamic countries where it started in the first place and is still being practiced today?
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

So, you are trying to tell me that 2,000 to 6,000 deaths in a matter of a year or less are the equivalent of 3,445 murders (as that is essentially what lynching's are) over a period of 86 years (that averages out at 40 a year)?
                    I also doubt that state or federal governments sanctioned or participated in that sort of thing. The trail of tears was carried out by the US Army on orders from the President. I don't see the equivalence here.

Oh, let's add the feds and early worker's strikes like coal miners or the general strike started against the Pullman Corporation. The Army was sent in and used machine guns in some of those.
                    You are focusing on deaths, that was not the question. Go back and read it. Everyday MILLIONS of blacks were oppressed by state laws. Not complicated.
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

See the post you quoted. Just because you think it applies does not mean it does, proof will be when no such cases are filed. The gun lobby lawyers are no stupid.
                      I quoted your post which was a subjective assessment, no objectivity and linking to facts.
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

You are focusing on deaths, that was not the question. Go back and read it. Everyday MILLIONS of blacks were oppressed by state laws. Not complicated.
                        No, I am focusing on what part of government allowed the oppression. The feds have trumped the state from nearly the founding of the US. It was the feds that ended slavery just as it was the feds that allowed it.

You are focused on the acts and outcomes rather than who gave permission under law to let it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                          I quoted your post which was a subjective assessment, no objectivity and linking to facts.
                          I guess the test will be if any such cases are filed by gun lobbies and groups, as opposed to nutters, which I am sure will happen. Start a thread when the NRA files a case, I will wait for it.
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

No, I am focusing on what part of government allowed the oppression. The feds have trumped the state from nearly the founding of the US. It was the feds that ended slavery just as it was the feds that allowed it.

You are focused on the acts and outcomes rather than who gave permission under law to let it happen.
                            Ah allowed verses implemented and enforced. Got it. It was the feds fault the South came up with and enforced the Jim Crow laws, yes you heard it here folks. I say I was embarrassed however Pirates ship would scold me. Carry on.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Ah allowed verses implemented and enforced. Got it. It was the feds fault the South came up with and enforced the Jim Crow laws, yes you heard it here folks. I say I was embarrassed however Pirates ship would scold me. Carry on.
                              Actual and implemented, the feds were worse.

Woodrow Wilson's administration codified segregation in the US government effectively excluding Black candidates and enforcing segregation in the military.

You have things like the Dred Scott decision by the Supreme Court.

Or, there's the Tuskegee syphilis experiment. Remember, we put German Nazis and Japanese soldiers to death for such experimentation... Yet, the US government did likewise on a smaller scale.

Sure, states could be oppressive to minorities but that pales in comparison to the federal government or all intents condoning it and even practicing likewise on a national scale.

Comment

I guess the test will be if any such cases are filed by gun lobbies and groups, as opposed to nutters, which I am sure will happen.
                                That's pretty much what I posted originally, so why go round about to basically say what I posted?
                                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X