X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    And I'm offended at how offended you are! You need to ban your own offensiveness!
    Me, offensive?

NEVER!

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Massachusetts' Injun is not only armed, but he's under the White Man's knife -- and Seattle's is a cartoon. I don't know about you folks, but I'm offended.
    And I'm offended at how offended you are! You need to ban your own offensiveness!

Leave a comment:

• ForIAmSparticus
    replied
    Massachusetts' Injun is not only armed, but he's under the White Man's knife -- and Seattle's is a cartoon. I don't know about you folks, but I'm offended.
    Its about time you get with it, the man has been keeping us down for years!

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Bot the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of Seattle WA boast Injuns on their seals.

What time will the protests start?
    If you start one, let us know so we can watch.

Leave a comment:

• ForIAmSparticus
    replied
    Bot the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of Seattle WA boast Injuns on their seals.

As soon as there is money to be had via lawsuit!

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Both the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of Seattle WA boast Injuns on their seals.

Last edited by slick_miester; 07 Jul 15, 14:08. Reason: I can't spell. D'oh!

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Here is the Solution!

Leave a comment:

• ForIAmSparticus
    replied
    Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
    Not more offensive but if there was a substantial group of Irish protesting the logo, then they would have to be taken seriously. There are a substantial group of Native Americans protesting the various logos depicting them, as they see it, in a negative light. So why not listen to them? The Cleveland name might not be offensive to them but they have registered their dislike of the logo, which does seem to be a racist caricature while the Washington logo isn't protested so much as the name "Redskins" which was used pejoratively.
    I don't believe that many Native Americans are actually offended by the mascot names/logos. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like such a petty thing, I can't see it being a major concern. I feel like the lawsuits and protests are mainly money grabs and attempts by civil rights groups to create an issue where there never really was one.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    I'm offended by all of this gratuitous complaining -- and gratuitous a lot of this certainly is. Why aren't we protesting that?

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
    Do you think the Notre Dame logo and mascot could be taken as offensive if not more offensive than many of the Native American ones?
    Not more offensive but if there was a substantial group of Irish protesting the logo, then they would have to be taken seriously. There are a substantial group of Native Americans protesting the various logos depicting them, as they see it, in a negative light. So why not listen to them? The Cleveland name might not be offensive to them but they have registered their dislike of the logo, which does seem to be a racist caricature while the Washington logo isn't protested so much as the name "Redskins" which was used pejoratively.

Leave a comment:

• ForIAmSparticus
    replied
    The comprehension class would help. If Irish groups protested Notre Dame, then someone would care. Native American groups are protesting the various nicknames and now people care. All I said was that Irish groups are not protesting Notre Dame so no one cares. Capiche?
    Do you think the Notre Dame logo and mascot could be taken as offensive if not more offensive than many of the Native American ones?

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
    You asked if white people have been oppressed a lot in the US, I gave an example and you pretend like I'm somehow not answering the question?

I guess Irish immigrants being discriminated against doesn't count towards white people being oppressed?

"Try a remedial reading comprehension class..."

Great way to get your point across, going for the personal attack.
    The comprehension class would help. If Irish groups protested Notre Dame, then someone would care. Native American groups are protesting the various nicknames and now people care. All I said was that Irish groups are not protesting Notre Dame so no one cares. Capiche?

Leave a comment:

• ForIAmSparticus
    replied
    Non answer. Never said the Irish weren't discriminated against but that they're not protesting Notre Dame now. Try a remedial reading comprehension class, I weary of your strawman bullshit.
    White people been oppressed a lot in the US?

Let Irish groups protest Notre Dame and maybe someone will care.
    You asked if white people have been oppressed a lot in the US, I gave an example and you pretend like I'm somehow not answering the question?

I guess Irish immigrants being discriminated against doesn't count towards white people being oppressed?

"Try a remedial reading comprehension class..."

Great way to get your point across, going for the personal attack.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Rimmer said:
    Thanks for assuming we want to be assimilated. There's nothing like a healthy dose of condensation to really make you appreciate how biased someone truly is....
    That's "condescension", and you're doing it right now.

As a veteran and a taxpayer, I have no obligation to support the Amerinds simply because of ancestry. That's just another hugely wasteful welfare program and it clearly hasn't done the Amerinds any good.

Time to join the rest of the 21st century world and move on, like everyone else did long ago.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X