Wisconsin school district bans American Indian team logos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
    Oh, so Native Americans are fully integrated into American society now. I guess the NAs on the rez will be happy to know that.

Get a clue, numbnuts.
    Bob,
    I live quite close to a large Reservation. Is it your claim that there are Official barriers that prevent any integration?
    The last comment was not your best.
    My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by holly6 View Post
      Bob,
      I live quite close to a large Reservation. Is it your claim that there are Official barriers that prevent any integration?
      The last comment was not your best.
      There are - in the form of those government handout as and government housing that keep the Indians on the res instead of joining America.

We have reservations in Colorado, too.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Thanks for standing up for us, white guy.

Thanks for assuming we want to be assimilated. There's nothing like a healthy dose of condensation to really make you appreciate how biased someone truly is....
        We don't need you assimilated...just working. How about doing a Rain Dance for California between practicing how to card deal a Texas Hold'Em game?
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Are we referring to the Carnival Game or real Poker game? I can deal the carnival version.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Rimmer said:
            Thanks for assuming we want to be assimilated. There's nothing like a healthy dose of condensation to really make you appreciate how biased someone truly is....
            That's "condescension", and you're doing it right now.

As a veteran and a taxpayer, I have no obligation to support the Amerinds simply because of ancestry. That's just another hugely wasteful welfare program and it clearly hasn't done the Amerinds any good.

Time to join the rest of the 21st century world and move on, like everyone else did long ago.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Non answer. Never said the Irish weren't discriminated against but that they're not protesting Notre Dame now. Try a remedial reading comprehension class, I weary of your strawman bullshit.
              White people been oppressed a lot in the US?

Let Irish groups protest Notre Dame and maybe someone will care.
              You asked if white people have been oppressed a lot in the US, I gave an example and you pretend like I'm somehow not answering the question?

I guess Irish immigrants being discriminated against doesn't count towards white people being oppressed?

"Try a remedial reading comprehension class..."

Great way to get your point across, going for the personal attack.
              “Come and take it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
                You asked if white people have been oppressed a lot in the US, I gave an example and you pretend like I'm somehow not answering the question?

I guess Irish immigrants being discriminated against doesn't count towards white people being oppressed?

"Try a remedial reading comprehension class..."

Great way to get your point across, going for the personal attack.
                The comprehension class would help. If Irish groups protested Notre Dame, then someone would care. Native American groups are protesting the various nicknames and now people care. All I said was that Irish groups are not protesting Notre Dame so no one cares. Capiche?
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

The comprehension class would help. If Irish groups protested Notre Dame, then someone would care. Native American groups are protesting the various nicknames and now people care. All I said was that Irish groups are not protesting Notre Dame so no one cares. Capiche?
                  Do you think the Notre Dame logo and mascot could be taken as offensive if not more offensive than many of the Native American ones?
                  “Come and take it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
                    Do you think the Notre Dame logo and mascot could be taken as offensive if not more offensive than many of the Native American ones?
                    Not more offensive but if there was a substantial group of Irish protesting the logo, then they would have to be taken seriously. There are a substantial group of Native Americans protesting the various logos depicting them, as they see it, in a negative light. So why not listen to them? The Cleveland name might not be offensive to them but they have registered their dislike of the logo, which does seem to be a racist caricature while the Washington logo isn't protested so much as the name "Redskins" which was used pejoratively.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I'm offended by all of this gratuitous complaining -- and gratuitous a lot of this certainly is. Why aren't we protesting that?
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Not more offensive but if there was a substantial group of Irish protesting the logo, then they would have to be taken seriously. There are a substantial group of Native Americans protesting the various logos depicting them, as they see it, in a negative light. So why not listen to them? The Cleveland name might not be offensive to them but they have registered their dislike of the logo, which does seem to be a racist caricature while the Washington logo isn't protested so much as the name "Redskins" which was used pejoratively.
                        I don't believe that many Native Americans are actually offended by the mascot names/logos. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like such a petty thing, I can't see it being a major concern. I feel like the lawsuits and protests are mainly money grabs and attempts by civil rights groups to create an issue where there never really was one.
                        “Come and take it!"

Comment

• Here is the Solution!

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Both the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of Seattle WA boast Injuns on their seals.

What time will the protests start?
                            Last edited by slick_miester; 07 Jul 15, 14:08. Reason: I can't spell. D'oh!
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                              Bot the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of Seattle WA boast Injuns on their seals.

As soon as there is money to be had via lawsuit!
                              “Come and take it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                                Bot the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of Seattle WA boast Injuns on their seals.

If you start one, let us know so we can watch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X