Wisconsin school district bans American Indian team logos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    As I keep saying it's tribalism not political correctness that is destroying this country.

Tribalism doesn't have to be a bad thing. PC generally is. It's enforced BS.

The worst two offenders are the liberal tribe and the conservative tribe.
    Two sides of the same tarnished coin.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Actually, the term "native American" itself is demeaning, as it directly implies someone who lives on a reservation and subsists on government handouts. Better remove that term from our vocabulary as well.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Can anyone tell me how this can be called offensive

But this is not?

As a white person I am offended because I am not a thief nor do I have any eye sight impairments.
        “Come and take it!"

Comment

But as a white person you both possess a sense of humor and appreciate a good logo without seeking a reason to be offended.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            But as a white person you both possess a sense of humor and appreciate a good logo without seeking a reason to be offended.
            “Come and take it!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                To me that is hilarious. Obviously they are cartoon caricatures. I would love to see a team called the fighting whiteys and their mascot would be an accountant or something
                “Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
                  To me that is hilarious. Obviously they are cartoon caricatures. I would love to see a team called the fighting whiteys and their mascot would be an accountant or something
                  I found it pretty funny too. This one is great as well:

Classic caricature!

Comment

To you they are hilarious because, and I'm assuming here, you're not a member of either of those minorities. Which is what DoD has been trying to say. They aren't hilarious to all people. How long do you think those other two nicknames would last?
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      Native American. Someone who is native to America. The vast majority of Native Americans have no aboriginal blood.

The Canadian term "First Nations" is much more appropriate.
                      I think you're right. "First Nations" is a better term.

Comment

I found it pretty funny too. This one is great as well:

Classic caricature!
                        Are you joking? Comparing a caricature on a baseball hat used to represent a sports team with a caricature on a Nazi movie poster degrading Jews?

Do you think its some insult to be used as a mascot? Which is more insulting being used as a mascot for a professional sports team that thousands of people cheer for, or having a similar likeness appear on a poster made by people who want to round you up and kill you?

To you they are hilarious because, and I'm assuming here, you're not a member of either of those minorities. Which is what DoD has been trying to say. They aren't hilarious to all people. How long do you think those other two nicknames would last?
                        Here is one I am a part of, and yes I still find it hilarious. I would love for a professional sports team loved by tons of people to be named after my ethnicity. Those other two nicknames wouldn't last long at all because everyone is so sensitive and politically correct these days anything that might possibly offend someone must be removed.

“Come and take it!"

Comment

Are you joking? Comparing a caricature on a baseball hat used to represent a sports team with a caricature on a Nazi movie poster degrading Jews?

Do you think its some insult to be used as a mascot? Which is more insulting being used as a mascot for a professional sports team that thousands of people cheer for, or having a similar likeness appear on a poster made by people who want to round you up and kill you?
                          Both uses have been declared offensive and insulting by the people in question, so why does their opinion only matter in one case and not the other? Or does their being offended only count when you believe they are allowed to be offended?

Comment

Another fun caricature that would be perfect for a sports team. Washington Negroes - named to honor our beloved black Americans!

Expect watermelon and fried chicken to be staples. Only the PC crowd could be offended by our respect for blacks - and besides, it's just a bit of harmless fun. A little humor can't be offensive, and besides, they should just be thrilled to be portrayed as a sports mascot. In fact, they should be thankful for the honor!

Comment

Both uses have been declared offensive and insulting by the people in question, so why does their opinion only matter in one case and not the other? Or does their being offended only count when you believe they are allowed to be offended?
                              Because one is "funny" and the other isn't. As long as it's "funny", DoD, as long as it's funny.

I'm reminded of a scene from Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. Bruce goes to the movies with his future wife. Breakfast At Tiffany's is showing:

The white audience finds it hilarious. Bruce... not so much.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how this can be called offensive

But this is not?

As a white person I am offended because I am not a thief nor do I have any eye sight impairments.
                                You could protest the Pirates logo if you were a Pirate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X