No announcement yet.

Wisconsin school district bans American Indian team logos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting on the lawsuit against the US military.

• AH-64 Apache attack helicopter
    • UH-60 Black Hawk utility helicopter
    • UH-72 Lakota utility helicopter
    • CH-47 Chinook heavy-lift transport helicopter

not to mention the Tomahawk Cruise Missle

I would hate to have a badass weapons system named after my people, the military is a bunch of racist bigots.

“Come and take it!"

Comment

Minnesota's seal looks like the Indian's about to kill the white man. Now why aren't the Native Americans protesting that? That portrays an actual negative stereotype.
      Last edited by slick_miester; 25 Jun 15, 16:47.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I'm not sure, using today's PC criteria, if this is supposed to be offensive or all-inclusive, 'cause it looks like it's promoting interracial gay marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

I'm not sure, using today's PC criteria, if this is supposed to be offensive or all-inclusive, 'cause it looks like it's promoting interracial gay marriage.
          Hey Marc that one isn't showing up.
          “Come and take it!"

Comment

Oklahoma.

Comment

Whenever I hear stories like this I want to bring up an anecdote one of my teacher's told us many years ago, regarding his earlier teaching career at a very poor inner city school that was about 50% black-white, and all lower income.

There was a lot of racial friction, which only increased when the Malcolm X movie was released.

A number of black students started coming to school with black and white T-shirts, with a big X on the front and the words 'you wouldn't get it' on the back.

So a bunch of white students arrived the next day with black and white T-shirts with a picture of cotton on the front and the words 'you used to pick it' on the back.

Needless to say, the administration had it's hands full that week.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                Save the Irish for a separate thread. Try to stay on topic. This one is about Native Americans and I'll bet that if you ask a Native American, he'll find Chief Wahoo offensive.

Wait, they've already spoken out. From last year:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...ief-wahoo-logo

This year:

http://www.cleveland.com/naymik/inde...ief_wahoo.html

Guess it's more than just a "smiling Native American" to them.
                But since it's not offensive to me, it is insane that it could be offensive to anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  Whenever I hear stories like this I want to bring up an anecdote one of my teacher's told us many years ago, regarding his earlier teaching career at a very poor inner city school that was about 50% black-white, and all lower income.

There was a lot of racial friction, which only increased when the Malcolm X movie was released.

A number of black students started coming to school with black and white T-shirts, with a big X on the front and the words 'you wouldn't get it' on the back.

So a bunch of white students arrived the next day with black and white T-shirts with a picture of cotton on the front and the words 'you used to pick it' on the back.

Needless to say, the administration had it's hands full that week.
                  And your tale points to the REAL problem: everybody needs to be special. It's not enough anymore to be one of many. Now we all need to be "unique," which in reality means that we're all merely one of many, only the many we're choosing to be a one of now is not quite as many as the many we were a part of before. These are all manifestations of weak egos, like the fact that 40% of Americans now are inked -- only the vast majority of them are picking stencils out of catalogs. This is all downright laughable -- except for the fact that we have a political class that either panders to it, or manufactures it out of whole cloth. Black, White, Indian: the truth is is that until you actually DO something, you're all lower than whaleshit at the bottom of the ocean. Maybe that's the lesson that needs the repeating, not this "special" crap. Then we won't get so bent out of shape about cartoons and tee shirts anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    And your tale points to the REAL problem: everybody needs to be special. It's not enough anymore to be one of many. Now we all need to be "unique," which in reality means that we're all merely one of many, only the many we're choosing to be a one of now is not quite as many as the many we were a part of before. These are all manifestations of weak egos, like the fact that 40% of Americans now are inked -- only the vast majority of them are picking stencils out of catalogs. This is all downright laughable -- except for the fact that we have a political class that either panders to it, or manufactures it out of whole cloth. Black, White, Indian: the truth is is that until you actually DO something, you're all lower than whaleshit at the bottom of the ocean. Maybe that's the lesson that needs the repeating, not this "special" crap. Then we won't get so bent out of shape about cartoons and tee shirts anymore.
                    What relevance does making fun of tattooed people have here? Why does ink inside someone's skin matter to you? Does it harm you? Offend you? Honestly, why are you concerned about people getting tattoos at all?
                    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                      What relevance does making fun of tattooed people have here? Why does ink inside someone's skin matter to you? Does it harm you? Offend you? Honestly, why are you concerned about people getting tattoos at all?

Comment

As I keep saying it's tribalism not political correctness that is destroying this country. The worst two offenders are the liberal tribe and the conservative tribe.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                          Tattoos make a statement. If visible, they are a form of speech. So, it is possible that tattoos could be offensive speech if visible to others.

As an example of this, I regularly hire day labor for construction. One of my rules, and it is a long standing one, is you can't show any gang related tattoos while working for me. I will dismiss you on the spot if you do.

Why? Because a gang tattoo says you belong to that gang and in turn are potentially opening me up to retaliation by opposed gangs if they see you working for me. So, no gang tattoos.

And, yes, I know what I'm looking at. I've had more than one guy surprised by my pointing out his gang tattoos when he's denied he's in one. Lying is another reason to not get work or to be dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                            But since it's not offensive to me, it is insane that it could be offensive to anyone else.
                            Exactly.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Racist bastards. They couldn't even dignify the people they took the land from by naming sports teams after them. Its like they're trying to erase us from history altogether.

I love tattoos. They've put more people in prison than fingerprints.

And yet they think it makes them look pretty....
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Native American. Someone who is native to America. The vast majority of Native Americans have no aboriginal blood.

The Canadian term "First Nations" is much more appropriate.
                                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X