X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    If they lose they will blame Republicans. They will claim that Republicans brought the lawsuits and that resulted in the court's conservative faction siding with Republicans against Obamacare.
    Probably, but no one will believe them. Obama and his gang of thugs have run their course.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No, they won't blame the Republicans because this has been a Democratic disaster from the very beginning, and any attempt to shift that burden of blame will run into the truth like a stone wall. What the Republicans can truthfully claim is that will have saved the nation for a financial and health care disaster of unprecedented proportions perpetuated by the Democrats.

Perhaps you failed to note Obama's disdain for the courts and the law when he commented on "bad law", i.e., if the courts don't agree with His Holiness then the courts are wrong. The sheer arrogance of this is stunning.
    If they lose they will blame Republicans. They will claim that Republicans brought the lawsuits and that resulted in the court's conservative faction siding with Republicans against Obamacare.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I think the administration figures they win either way.

If the Supreme Court sides with the administration, Obamacare stays intact.

If the Supreme Court strikes down the provision the administration will have millions of people angry with the court and they can blame Republicans.

At this point it's not about what's best for the people but what's best to retain power for Progressives.
    No, they won't blame the Republicans because this has been a Democratic disaster from the very beginning, and any attempt to shift that burden of blame will run into the truth like a stone wall. What the Republicans can truthfully claim is that will have saved the nation for a financial and health care disaster of unprecedented proportions perpetuated by the Democrats.

Perhaps you failed to note Obama's disdain for the courts and the law when he commented on "bad law", i.e., if the courts don't agree with His Holiness then the courts are wrong. The sheer arrogance of this is stunning.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    I think the administration figures they win either way.

If the Supreme Court sides with the administration, Obamacare stays intact.

If the Supreme Court strikes down the provision the administration will have millions of people angry with the court and they can blame Republicans.

At this point it's not about what's best for the people but what's best to retain power for Progressives.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    What happens if and when Obamacare is repealed? Nobody in Washington even cares.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...goes-home.html
    The SCOTUS is not going to repeal Obamacare. Read and concentrate, or heck Fox might say that, although I doubt it. Get a better source could only help.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    started a topic Obama Throws In The Towel

Obama Throws In The Towel

What happens if and when Obamacare is repealed? Nobody in Washington even cares.

A decision in the King v. Burwell lawsuit is just days away. With the potential to strike down health insurance subsidies for millions of people, you would think that the administration would be scrambling to come up with a response to the ruling. So what are they doing to prepare?
    Not a damn thing.
    Various administration officials, including the president himself, have repeated that they have no intention of acting in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision. Here’s Health and Human Service Secretary Sylvia Burwell on the agency’s plans: "We know of no administrative actions that could, and therefore we have no plans that would, undo the massive damage to our health care system that would be caused by an adverse decision."
    IRS Commissioner John Koskinen echoed this indifference, saying “we don’t spend any time thinking about it.” And when President Obama was asked about the case, he brushed the question aside, saying, “I’m not going to anticipate that. I'm not going to anticipate bad law." Wow, we’ve sure come a long way from hope and change we can believe in.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...goes-home.html

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X