Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag be removed from SC statehouse grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    I haven't seen the show since I was a kid, and it's cheesiness isn't the point.

As I've said, we have a small, but extremely vocal minority that is dictating to the majority. Your side is really stretching now. The Dukes of Hazard is a symbol of hate?
    Not my side. Nope not a hate show at all, just a stupid one. No one dictated to any one. People expressed opinions and businesses made decisions. Shrug.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    I don't have one, I have never had one, but now I want one to fly like some people around my neck of the woods have been doing the last few days!

Leave a comment:

• Jonathanrex1
    replied
    I have no problem with the flag flying on private property, but it should not fly on government property unless in very certain circumstances such as notable Civil War Sites. But even then...

The thing is that the flag is one big middle finger to African-Americans. It's been proudly flown by Slave Owning Confederates, White Reconstruction-Era Terrorists, the KKK, Jim Crow-era Governments, Dixiecrats and people like Roof.

It's a veritable 'lost cause' to try and separate the 'heritage' of the flag from this.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    Indeed another threat to civilized human interactions.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied

As I've said, we have a small, but extremely vocal minority that is dictating to the majority. Your side is really stretching now. The Dukes of Hazard is a symbol of hate?
    Dictation requires force or the threat of force. If they didn't change the show, what would this vocal minority do? Shout louder?

Isn't that just democracy and the 1st amendment at work?

Leave a comment:

• BorderRuffian
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Maybe you can petition the Fox Network to pick it up..... can't have all that fine acting and subtle plots disappear......

Confederate Flag Police

New employment opportunity. Don't have to live in your parent's basement anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Maybe you can petition the Fox Network to pick it up..... can't have all that fine acting and subtle plots disappear......

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    The Dukes of Hazard is the latest victim. This crap is out of control.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
    New recruits for the Confederate Flag Police

The Dukes of Hazard is the latest victim. This crap is out of control.

Leave a comment:

• BorderRuffian
    replied
    New recruits for the Confederate Flag Police

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Speaking of racism... it's the first example of racist AI!

Way to go, Google!
    Well they got one thing right they are great apes. Perhaps the AI is not as species-centric as humans. Robot apocalypse and all that

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Speaking of racism... it's the first example of racist AI!

Way to go, Google!

Leave a comment:

• Taieb el-Okbi
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    The Republicans were the ones that delivered the bill to the President's desk, he really didn't have a choice but to sign it.

1. More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats
    In the 1960s, Congress was divided on civil rights issues -- but not necessarily along party lines.

5. A segregationist congressman's attempt to kill the bill backfired
    Virginia's Democratic Rep. Howard W. Smith was a staunch segregationist and strongly opposed the Civil Rights Act.
    Smith, who was chairman of the House Rules Committee, came up with many tactics to discourage the passage of the bill's Title VII, which would outlaw employment discrimination because of race, color, religion or national origin.

When Smith added the word "sex," the House reportedly laughed out loud. The ploy was Smith's attempt to quash support among the chamber's male chauvinists on the grounds that the bill would protect women's rights in the workplace, according to Clay Risen in his book "The Bill of the Century."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politi...resting-facts/

Why do you think the GOP has lost the black vote each Presidential election since 1932?

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    Yes, that is the source, as I linked, for my quote on the founding of the NRA. Waiting for someone to point out where it was founded to protect Black gun ownership in the south.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X