Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag be removed from SC statehouse grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Since being offended is a belief or state of being and not something you can just post a picture of or "prove" scientifically, I assume you will take words as proof of thought and feeling, correct?
    Polygraph tests and truth serum would be nice to start out with.

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    Do you have any actual proof that someone was offended? Post it.
    That's rich. You asking for a link.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Isn't this line of reasoning part of the issue?

If someone literally believes that to disagree and be offended is akin to a mental disorder, it's no wonder there is such passionate disagreement and no common ground.

Maybe a better path would be to try and understand why others feel the way they do, and use that knowledge to try and present a better counter to their claims?

Because telling them they're crazy for being offended when they feel they have plenty of justification and reasoning just seems like a snide dismissal and just another reason why the flag has to go, if its supporters just see them as mental cases.
    As a aside DoD, I feel that people who live other than in The Monterey bay area are mental cases...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA0724:1:US

You Texans are nuts...

Yeah it costs more so you have to think harder to achieve a living...

But hell its the view from your house and the weather that counts... Right?

College girls on the beach...

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    Do you have any actual proof that someone was offended? Post it.
    Since being offended is a belief or state of being and not something you can just post a picture of or "prove" scientifically, I assume you will take words as proof of thought and feeling, correct?

Leave a comment:

• guthrieba
    replied
    Originally posted by BF69 View Post
    You do realize that right now there is a thread on Marriage Equality where conservatives are declaring the 'beginning of the end', don't you? That is an actual quote. The professionally outraged conservatives are out in force yet again and you are too busy lowering yourself to playground retorts to even notice.

I'm beginning to think I've overestimated you.
    No, I'm not reading the Marriage Equality thread.

Am I to understand that because someone declares that some action represents the "beginning of the end" I am required to end my advocacy regarding a different matter?

Maybe I just don't understand the rules.

Regarding marriage equality, I am just glad that I am not a cake baker - I could be forced to pay out $135,000 for failing to pay along with the game. Please tell me again how it is the Right that is exagerrating.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X