Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag be removed from SC statehouse grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
    LEDs will be next along with the expense of deposing the mercury laden CFL's.

And, they are going after the steamboat Robert E. Lee. http://woodtv.com/2015/07/10/should-...at-be-renamed/
    The average person couldn't even pass a 3rd grade American History test.... this **** is all driven by the media. It's getting old.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Are oyu sure about your final statement, DoD?

It seems to me that people are extremely selective about what they are outraged about. Black "victimization" is but one prime example.

Yes, I am aware that DoD is always sure about his statements, but...
      "Victimization" isn't the same as being offended. More to the point, people being vocal about what they feel is injustice aimed at them more than that aimed at others is both human nature and hardly selective. After all, you'll be more upset if I set your house on fire than if I set the house on fire of someone far away you don't know.

Was there any doubt?

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
        The average person couldn't even pass a 3rd grade American History test.... this **** is all driven by the media. It's getting old.
        Democracy in action: a horde of uneducated people driving change. America at its finest.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDog View Post
          It aint by accident shall we say.

Yall want to know the real dang reason we fly the CBF down here, just click on any thread on these forums involving NASCAR. Sure enough somebody is going to poke there nose in and proclaim how superior they are by not watching NASCAR. The CBF is a flip off, for all that smug superiority towards the South that comes from other parts of the country. And since we are Southerners and not rude ass Yankees we start mumbling something about Heritage, instead of saying it is an FU.

Funny enough down here in the south the Lost Causers and such don't really fly CBF much anymore, heck that just don't stand out, might be Skynard fans or just your average red-neck. Nowadays these types tend to fly the Stainless Banner usually accompanied by the Bonnie Blue.
          I will say this about Southerners. In the south when you attend a College or NFL football game, it is said that the guys restrooms are very clean. My uncle was at an NFL football game in a southern state and said that groups of 4 or 5 go onto the restrooms at once as opposed to people just coming in and out. Its one heck of a system, a gentlemen system indeed.

That being said, your wrong about how we are Southerners and not rude ass Yankees I understand you might be upset that the CSA battle flag was taken down on SC stategrounds. But there is no need to take out the frustration on northerners or yankess. All that would be is going down the route of dividing people which we see around the world.

The North has its benefits, the south has its benefits. Combined we make the United States a fun place.

Comment

• Off topic, but it had to be said...
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Are oyu sure about your final statement, DoD?

It seems to me that people are extremely selective about what they are outraged about. Black "victimization" is but one prime example.

Yes, I am aware that DoD is always sure about his statements, but...
            ... MM, isn't there something you can do about your miniature font?
            It's causing me so much eye-strain that I'm just blowing past your posts now.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• I am belatedly coming back to this issue..... (See posts 520 or so...)

I can see where there are a number of posters who are/were angry at me for posting the way I did about the flag (AND THE SHIRT).....

I won't even bother to try to argue with them.... they seem to have this "hang up" about flags. Now THAT does surprise me.... I had thought that the people posting in this forum were a little more circumspect than that.

Live and learn.

GG
              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                Democracy in action: a horde of uneducated people driving change. America at its finest.
                Democracy? Hardly, I don't recall having any say in the matter. Sounds more like communism than not.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• The problem with the Confederate battle flag (and it was not the national flag of the Confederacy) is twofold.

First, it was dirtied by the KKK's use of it along with other criminals such as the recent Church murderer in South Carolina.

Second, it was used by segregationists to protest integration in the South in the 1950s and 1960s.

Both groups dishonored the flag which had an honorable history on the battlefields of the Civil War and which were used as regimental standards by the units.

And that is why it should never be used to represent any government building or anything else in the United States.

Sincerely,
                  M
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    The problem with the Confederate battle flag (and it was not the national flag of the Confederacy) is twofold.

First, it was dirtied by the KKK's use of it along with other criminals such as the recent Church murderer in South Carolina.

Second, it was used by segregationists to protest integration in the South in the 1950s and 1960s.

Both groups dishonored the flag which had an honorable history on the battlefields of the Civil War and which were used as regimental standards by the units.

And that is why it should never be used to represent any government building or anything else in the United States.

Sincerely,
                    M
                    Why should the CBF be used to honor anything having to do with the United States? After all, it was the banner of an army fighting against the US.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                      Why should the CBF be used to honor anything having to do with the United States? After all, it was the banner of an army fighting against the US.
                      Like it or not, it's also part of American history, just as the Loyalists in the War of the American Revolution are part of American history.

Sincerely,
                      M
                      We are not now that strength which in old days
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Not that I favor the CSA colors over state property ('cause I don't) but by your rationale, we should forbid the flying of the Union Jack within US borders, on account of the fact that we had to fight two wars against the British. Surely you didn't meant it like that, did you?
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                          Not that I favor the CSA colors over state property ('cause I don't) but by your rationale, we should forbid the flying of the Union Jack within US borders, on account of the fact that we had to fight two wars against the British. Surely you didn't meant it like that, did you?
                          Care to name where the UJ flies over government property?

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            Like it or not, it's also part of American history, just as the Loyalists in the War of the American Revolution are part of American history.

Sincerely,
                            M
                            Yes they are, but I haven't noticed a swath of the country flying Loyalist flags and whining about their "heritage".

Comment

Yes they are, but I haven't noticed a swath of the country flying Loyalist flags and whining about their "heritage".
                              Didn't we kick most of them out and sent 'em packing to Canada?
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                                Didn't we kick most of them out and sent 'em packing to Canada?
                                Actually, I believe they moved of their own volition.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X