Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag be removed from SC statehouse grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
    ...except that many of the people who wanted the flag down are motivated by hate. Don't see any basis for 'unity' there.
    There's truth to that. There are good reasons for removing the flag but "seeing the Confederate flag offends my delicate left wing sensibilities and I don't like having my feelings hurt" isn't one of them.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
      White guilt.... she needs to step down and move on.

I like this youtube comment: Just like 98% of all other politicians, she is fake as ****. Where was she with all of these "Feelings" before the shooting? She didn't think anything of it.
      She's hysterical.

The families of the victims "forgave" the shooter...but want the flag down.
      In other words they want to stigmatize anyone who has a Confederate flag with the acts of Dylann Roof.
      That's forgiveness?
      {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

• Fwiw I believe that if a large # of Americans did want to keep the CSA battle flag flying on SC state grounds... that we would see hundreds if not thousands of Americans protesting by the CSA flag area to keep the flag up. And we are not seeing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaius_Marius View Post
          Buzz words and a complete inversion of the truth. Things never change here.
          Explain this?
          From a Progressive source. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...s-from-capitol
          Or This?
          http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...ral-cemeteries

Next, calls for the removal of states and other monuments.

Oh wait, it is already happening.
          http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/02/al...rate-monument/
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
            Explain this?
            From a Progressive source. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...s-from-capitol
            Or This?
            http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...ral-cemeteries

Next, calls for the removal of states and other monuments.

Oh wait, it is already happening.
            http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/02/al...rate-monument/
            On the weekend of June 27-28, a re-enactment was held on the grounds of the Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg. The Seminary refused to let the Confederate re-enactors carry any Confederate flag.

The Seminary is private property, and it can take any lawful action it wants - no one disputes that.

Let's remember - flags don't kill people - guns kill people! (or something like that)
            Don't leave good whiskey for the damn Yankees!" John Hunt Morgan, Eagleport, Ohio, July 23, 1863

Comment

• Originally posted by guthrieba View Post
              On the weekend of June 27-28, a re-enactment was held on the grounds of the Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg. The Seminary refused to let the Confederate re-enactors carry any Confederate flag.

The Seminary is private property, and it can take any lawful action it wants - no one disputes that.

Let's remember - flags don't kill people - guns kill people! (or something like that)
              I guess it all goes to prove that in general the people on this forum are more reasonable than most. I don't recall anyone here thinking this sort of thing was a good idea.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                She's hysterical.

The families of the victims "forgave" the shooter...but want the flag down.
                In other words they want to stigmatize anyone who has a Confederate flag with the acts of Dylann Roof.
                That's forgiveness?
                They are just brainwashed and lost souls that are being driven by the black and white liberal cause. Too bad it has come to this, their cause will only produce more hatred.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                  I guess it all goes to prove that in general the people on this forum are more reasonable than most. I don't recall anyone here thinking this sort of thing was a good idea.

I think that's because we're real people. The "anything Confederate is racism!" and "blacks and yankees should shut up and salute the rebel flag!" groups are, thankfully, the minority.

The sad thing is that they get plenty of air time.

And it's easy to see why: look at how passionate people have become about the relocation of one flag. That sort of passion sells airtime to viewers, and the media outlets know it. It's how they get their money: people tuning in to cluck dismissively at the direction the country is headed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by guthrieba View Post

The re-enactors should have left. The Confederacy is being erased from history anyway.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      The re-enactors should have left. The Confederacy is being erased from history anyway.
                      Slavery can be erased, the difficult part is the skin color.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• While I haven't said much, if anything on this, I have a question:

If this:

And this:

Are symbols of racism, bigotry, hate, and war in the name of such, why is no one complaining about this:

As but one example of what seems to be hypocrisy on the part of those demanding the removal of all things Confederate...

Comment

• Well seeing that the meatball and the ratzi flags aren't part of any of our state flags I don't see the comparison...
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Well seeing that the meatball and the ratzi flags aren't part of any of our state flags I don't see the comparison...
                            The Confederate flag isn't a "state flag" either. It was used as a battle flag by a separate nation too... However short lived that nation might have been.

Comment

• Now that South Carolina has removed the Flag at the capital it doesn't make me feel anything but disappointed it was done under pressure. In the same headlines I read this story I also see that Global warming is killing bumble bee's, Donald Trump is a troll, and research into woman's physiology has to be treated with care not to offend them. A victory for the politically correct crowd is not a victory for reason.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

• The Georgia state flag that was used from 1956 to 2001 featured a prominent Confederate battle flag and was designed by Southern Democrat John Sammons Bell, a World War II veteran and an attorney who was an outspoken supporter of segregation.[4] During its official usage as the state flag, some Georgia residents found it offensive and objectionable.
                                The 1956 flag was adopted in an era when the Georgia General Assembly "was entirely devoted to passing legislation that would preserve segregation and white supremacy", according to a 2000 research report by the Georgia senate. There are few, if any, written records of what was said on the Georgia House and Senate floors when the 1956 flag bill was being introduced and passed by the Georgia legislature, nor does Georgia law provide for a statement of legislative intent when a bill is introduced, although former U.S. Congressman James Mackay, one of the 32 House members who opposed the change, later stated, “There was only one reason for putting the flag on there: like the gun rack in the back of a pickup truck, it telegraphs a message."[4] Additionally, the 2000 report concluded that the "1956 General Assembly changed the state flag" during "an atmosphere of preserving segregation and resentment" to the U.S. government's rulings on integration.[4]
                                The 2000 report states that the people who had supported the flag's change in the 1950s said, in recalling the event years later, that "the change was made in preparation for the Civil War centennial, which was five years away; or that the change was made to commemorate and pay tribute to the Confederate veterans of the Civil War."[4] Bell, who designed the 1956 flag and supported its adoption during the 1950s as a defense of the state's "institutions", which at the time included segregation, claimed years later that he did so to honor Confederate soldiers.[4] The 2000 report states that the claims that the flag was ostensibly changed in 1956 to honor Confederate soldiers came much later after the flag's adoption, in an attempt by the change's supporters to backtrack from prior support of segregationism in an era where it was no longer fashionable, saying that the "argument that the flag was changed in 1956 in preparation for the approaching Civil War centennial appears to be a retrospective or after-the-fact argument" and that "no one in 1956, including the flag’s sponsors, claimed that the change was in anticipation of the coming anniversary".[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_o...8U.S._state%29

Nope, no racism implied...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X