Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag be removed from SC statehouse grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have one, I have never had one, but now I want one to fly like some people around my neck of the woods have been doing the last few days!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
      I haven't seen the show since I was a kid, and it's cheesiness isn't the point.

As I've said, we have a small, but extremely vocal minority that is dictating to the majority. Your side is really stretching now. The Dukes of Hazard is a symbol of hate?
      Not my side. Nope not a hate show at all, just a stupid one. No one dictated to any one. People expressed opinions and businesses made decisions. Shrug.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

. The Dukes of Hazard is a symbol of hate?
        Some guys probably hate themselves over what they did numerous times seeing Daisy Duke....is that what you wanna know?
        #occupyarmchairgeneral.
        Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
        Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          Yes, that is the source, as I linked, for my quote on the founding of the NRA. Waiting for someone to point out where it was founded to protect Black gun ownership in the south.
          CE, you are correct. I'll explain my screw up tomorrow. It's been a busy day between sending an old range target system to DRMO and the kids swim meet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            Not my side. Nope not a hate show at all, just a stupid one. No one dictated to any one. People expressed opinions and businesses made decisions. Shrug.
            You keep telling yourself that........
            Last edited by Gixxer86g; 02 Jul 15, 04:07.
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

You keep telling yourself that........
              Should it be illegal for a business to stop selling a confederate flag?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                Should it be illegal for a business to stop selling a confederate flag?
                Well that's a silly question.

Of course not. Common sense should prevail. But that went out the door long ago. So we are left with the cancer of political correctness, spread by lib-tards.

Because of the spinelessness of corporations and politicians, small groups of screechy activists can dictate the behavior of the majority.
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Well that's a silly question.

Of course not. Common sense should prevail. But that went out the door long ago. So we are left with the cancer of political correctness, spread by lib-tards.

Because of the spinelessness of corporations and politicians, small groups of screechy activists can dictate the behavior of the majority.
                  But they don't dictate to anyone. They say "listen to us!" and people are agreeing. In the end, you're still free to sell your confederate flags if wanted.

Comment

But they don't dictate to anyone. They say "listen to us!" and people are agreeing. In the end, you're still free to sell your confederate flags if wanted.
                    No, "people" aren't agreeing, they are bowing to pressure from activists. These activists think themselves to be Pitbulls, but they are really Chihuahuas. They should be booted aside as the insignificant little mutants they are.

These same activists could just as easily try it with another flag. Actually, they have, in some western schools where wearing a US flag t-shirt is deemed offensive.

None of this would be possible without media manipulation.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

No, "people" aren't agreeing, they are bowing to pressure from activists. These activists think themselves to be Pitbulls, but they are really Chihuahuas. They should be booted aside as the insignificant little mutants they are.

These same activists could just as easily try it with another flag. Actually, they have, in some western schools where wearing a US flag t-shirt is deemed offensive.

None of this would be possible without media manipulation.

Exactly. Failure to agree with the mob has consequences as we have seen with that pizza place in Indiana saying it would refuse to cater a hypothetical gay wedding.
                      Anyone who disagrees with the mob becomes a target, because alternate points of view will not be tolerated.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
                        I have no problem with the flag flying on private property, but it should not fly on government property unless in very certain circumstances such as notable Civil War Sites. But even then...

The thing is that the flag is one big middle finger to African-Americans. It's been proudly flown by Slave Owning Confederates, White Reconstruction-Era Terrorists, the KKK, Jim Crow-era Governments, Dixiecrats and people like Roof.

It's a veritable 'lost cause' to try and separate the 'heritage' of the flag from this.
                        The problem is that the same can be said about the American flag, unless you are ignorant of history.
                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                          I don't have one, I have never had one, but now I want one to fly like some people around my neck of the woods have been doing the last few days!
                          Yup, I'll be doing the same. I never thought that I'd be fighting over the CBF, but it will never stop unless something is done about it. **** what they think.
                          My worst jump story:
                          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                          No lie.

~
                          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I would disagree with the "people are agreeing" statement.

We are intimidated.
                            If I flew a rainbow flag or an ISIS flag outside my house, I would not have any concerns.
                            If I now flew a confederate flag outside my house, I would fear some form of retaliation.

There is no guarantee that there would be vandalism, but I would submit that my fears are not unreasonable.
                            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

We are intimidated.
                              If I flew a rainbow flag or an ISIS flag outside my house, I would not have any concerns.
                              If I now flew a confederate flag outside my house, I would fear some form of retaliation.

There is no guarantee that there would be vandalism, but I would submit that my fears are not unreasonable.
                              http://www.projectq.us/atlanta/vanda...o_atlanta_home

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

We are intimidated.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...charge-n315786

A Nebraska man was held on a felony arson charge Monday after police said he set a couple's rainbow flag on fire and ran down their street with it.

Ariann Anderson and Jess Meadows-Anderson told NBC affiliate WOWT that they were awoken early Sunday by noises outside. When they looked out their window, they said, they saw a man running down the street with what looked like a flare. Later, they realized it was a rainbow flag that once adorned the side of their Omaha home, the station reported.

Police arrested their neighbor Cameron Mayfield, 23. He is also charged with resisting arrest, according to the report, which shows he was under the influence of alcohol during the arrest and alleged vandalism. There was no immediate information on a lawyer.
                                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                                “To talk of many things:
                                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                                Of cabbages—and kings—
                                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                                And whether pigs have wings.”
                                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X