Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag be removed from SC statehouse grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    Appease them by backing Jim Crow laws and segregation...

That is why it took so long for the civil rights act to pass.

That is why it took women so long to get the right to vote.

That is why the KKK was formed.

That is why the NRA was formed.

Earlier Crash claimed:

Do you agree with his statement?
    Please point out where this is the case for the NRA. Here is a link to the NRA website where it describes its founding:

https://www.nrahq.org/history.asp

Dismayed by the lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. The primary goal of the association would be to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis," according to a magazine editorial written by Church.
    After being granted a charter by the state of New York on November 17, 1871, the NRA was founded. Civil War Gen. Ambrose Burnside, who was also the former governor of Rhode Island and a U.S. Senator, became the fledgling NRA's first president.

An important facet of the NRA's creation was the development of a practice ground. In 1872, with financial help from New York state, a site on Long Island, the Creed Farm, was purchased for the purpose of building a rifle range. Named Creedmoor, the range opened a year later, and it was there that the first annual matches were held.

Political opposition to the promotion of marksmanship in New York forced the NRA to find a new home for its range. In 1892, Creedmoor was deeded back to the state and NRA's matches moved to Sea Girt, New Jersey.
    Sorry, internet myth.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      Sorry, internet myth.
      Source?

https://www.nrahq.org/history.asp
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
        Yes, that is the source, as I linked, for my quote on the founding of the NRA. Waiting for someone to point out where it was founded to protect Black gun ownership in the south.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          The Republicans were the ones that delivered the bill to the President's desk, he really didn't have a choice but to sign it.

1. More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats
          In the 1960s, Congress was divided on civil rights issues -- but not necessarily along party lines.

5. A segregationist congressman's attempt to kill the bill backfired
          Virginia's Democratic Rep. Howard W. Smith was a staunch segregationist and strongly opposed the Civil Rights Act.
          Smith, who was chairman of the House Rules Committee, came up with many tactics to discourage the passage of the bill's Title VII, which would outlaw employment discrimination because of race, color, religion or national origin.

When Smith added the word "sex," the House reportedly laughed out loud. The ploy was Smith's attempt to quash support among the chamber's male chauvinists on the grounds that the bill would protect women's rights in the workplace, according to Clay Risen in his book "The Bill of the Century."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politi...resting-facts/

Why do you think the GOP has lost the black vote each Presidential election since 1932?

Comment

• Speaking of racism... it's the first example of racist AI!

Way to go, Google!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
              Speaking of racism... it's the first example of racist AI!

Way to go, Google!
              Well they got one thing right they are great apes. Perhaps the AI is not as species-centric as humans. Robot apocalypse and all that

We hunt the hunters

Comment

• New recruits for the Confederate Flag Police

{}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

• Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                  New recruits for the Confederate Flag Police

The Dukes of Hazard is the latest victim. This crap is out of control.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                    The Dukes of Hazard is the latest victim. This crap is out of control.
                    Maybe you can petition the Fox Network to pick it up..... can't have all that fine acting and subtle plots disappear......

“To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Maybe you can petition the Fox Network to pick it up..... can't have all that fine acting and subtle plots disappear......

I haven't seen the show since I was a kid, and it's cheesiness isn't the point.

As I've said, we have a small, but extremely vocal minority that is dictating to the majority. Your side is really stretching now. The Dukes of Hazard is a symbol of hate?
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Confederate Flag Police

New employment opportunity. Don't have to live in your parent's basement anymore.
                        {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                          I haven't seen the show since I was a kid, and it's cheesiness isn't the point.

As I've said, we have a small, but extremely vocal minority that is dictating to the majority. Your side is really stretching now. The Dukes of Hazard is a symbol of hate?
                          Dictation requires force or the threat of force. If they didn't change the show, what would this vocal minority do? Shout louder?

Isn't that just democracy and the 1st amendment at work?

Comment

• Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                              Indeed another threat to civilized human interactions.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

• I have no problem with the flag flying on private property, but it should not fly on government property unless in very certain circumstances such as notable Civil War Sites. But even then...

The thing is that the flag is one big middle finger to African-Americans. It's been proudly flown by Slave Owning Confederates, White Reconstruction-Era Terrorists, the KKK, Jim Crow-era Governments, Dixiecrats and people like Roof.

It's a veritable 'lost cause' to try and separate the 'heritage' of the flag from this.
                                ´
                                “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X