Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag be removed from SC statehouse grounds?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    Do you have any actual proof that someone was offended? Post it.
    That's rich. You asking for a link.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      Since being offended is a belief or state of being and not something you can just post a picture of or "prove" scientifically, I assume you will take words as proof of thought and feeling, correct?
      Polygraph tests and truth serum would be nice to start out with.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

      ~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

      Comment


      • And now we're back to "it's Bush's fault".

        Sigh...somethings just can't ever change with progressives, can they?
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
          Polygraph tests and truth serum would be nice to start out with.
          If that's the standard required then it's safe to say nobody has ever been offended by anything, ever.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            If that's the standard required then it's safe to say nobody has ever been offended by anything, ever.
            Huh... I'm offended that someone would actually be offended of a piece of cloth when they couldn't even pass a test about the ACW. I'm also offended at other silly **** they complain about, but that doesn't mean I'm going to cry about it like a school girl that soiled her panties.
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

            ~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
              And now we're back to "it's Bush's fault".

              Sigh...somethings just can't ever change with progressives, can they?
              Classic demoGod excuse.
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

              ~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                Huh... I'm offended that someone would actually be offended of a piece of cloth when they couldn't even pass a test about the ACW. I'm also offended at other silly **** they complain about, but that doesn't mean I'm going to cry about it like a school girl that soiled her panties.
                And I'm offended by your being offended at their offense.

                Comment


                • Two Activists Charged With 'Defacing a Monument' After Scaling Pole to Remove Confederate Flag in South Carolina

                  Activist Bree Newsome, 30, began scaling the 30-foot flagpole outside the South Carolina Statehouse building at around 6am Saturday morning. She got about halfway up before she attracted the attention of police officers below, who sternly called for her to "come down off the pole."

                  Newsome would eventually descend, but only after reaching the top and unhooking the Confederate flag. Gripping the pole with one arm and dangling the flag defiantly above her head with other, she declared, "You come against me with hatred and oppression and violence; I come against you in the name of God. This flag comes down today."
                  VICE News - Full Article

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    And I'm offended by your being offended at their offense.
                    Stop them from acting as if they are offended and the problem is solved.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

                    ~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      Stop them from acting as if they are offended and the problem is solved.
                      "Acting".

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        Probably the same clown that did this. Happy now?

                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

                        ~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                          Newsome would eventually descend, but only after reaching the top and unhooking the Confederate flag. Gripping the pole with one arm and dangling the flag defiantly above her head with other, she declared, "You come against me with hatred and oppression and violence; I come against you in the name of God. This flag comes down today."
                          Only to have to flag replaced by a pair of black state employees.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                          BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                          BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                          Comment


                          • The problem here is that the confederate flag should be removed from public buildings but like so many other social issues it cannot be resolved by reasoning with people. Same problem that started the Civil War, resistance to moral progress.
                            We hunt the hunters

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              The problem here is that the confederate flag should be removed from public buildings but like so many other social issues it cannot be resolved by reasoning with people. Same problem that started the Civil War, resistance to moral progress.
                              The flag is next to the monument, the Confedrate dead should be offended at it's removal.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

                              ~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                                The flag is next to the monument, the Confedrate dead should be offended at it's removal.
                                I have no idea why that particular flag should be an issue but I'm not in charge of people's emotions. Certainly the fact that people are offended is not sufficient reason to remove it.

                                I didn't think the statues of Stalin should been removed either after the fall of the U.S.S.R. That people are offended by symbolism is easy to understand however.

                                I'm not so much against the flag as I'm interested in changing the hearts and minds of people that think it symbolizes something that it doesn't. I would prefer that a small plaque be placed explaining that it in no way represents the current attitude of the people on whose public property it is placed. In some cases of course relocation seems like the best option as new monuments representing current beliefs will alway be more appropriate. You can see the same process in the monuments in Egypt where successive pharaohs tried to erase their predecessors. It is also something that is happening in the Middle East where ancient monuments are destroyed. It's a shame because so much history gets erased this way but there is only so much public space for symbolism.

                                The reason I haven't pressed for relocations and plaques is it is the most unpopular idea available and is sure to annoy both sides. If I have to choose I would go with removal but I'm not happy with either available choice.
                                We hunt the hunters

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X